Computer monitors come in many sizes but their main purpose is to display the graphics emanating from a computer. What they have in common is the LCD or LED technology that powers them. Monitors are usually presented in a widescreen format and generally vary between 23in and 40in. Resolutions can differ, as well, with 1080p and 4K bookending the popular spectrum. Gaming-focussed monitors tend to have higher refresh rates and adaptive-framerate technology, such as NVIDIA G-Sync or AMD FreeSync, which remove the stuttering and tearing you otherwise see, while professional monitors use high-quality IPS panels for colour accurate viewing. Scan's experts are on hand to guide you through the buying process, so give is a call and we'll find a monitor that fits your needs.
Widescreen monitors available in 18.5 to 20 inch screen sizes. This format gives you a screen size which is about the size of two A4 sheets of paper side by side. Giving you more desktop space than before, allowing you to view multiple applications at the same time. The 16 : 9 aspect ratio allows widescreen movies to be viewed as they were intended, as well as an improved field of view for gaming.
Designed for a range of applications be it digital image work, gaming or CCTV monitoring, these LCD monitors can handle it all due to the low refresh rates, good colour reproduction and excellent contrast / brightness capabilities. These monitors have an aspect ratio of 4 : 3. Advanced features such as the VESA mounting standard allow mounting on a wall or to a multiple monitor bracket.
These monitors are modestly-sized and come in a wide range of prices. They're all 1,920 x 1,080, so it's an effective way to get a Full HD experience without breaking the bank. Some screens in this category have thin bezels, so they're perfect for using in high-end multi-monitor setups for gaming, and we also stock professional-quality models for tasks that demand professional-level colour accuracy.
LCD Monitors 24 inch. Designed for a wide range of applications including home/small office, graphics, video playback, presentations and gaming.
Computer Monitors are one of the most integral parts of your system so choosing the right monitor is hugely important. That's why at SCAN we give you such a large selection to choose from. Below you can find our 27 Inch monitors offering larger screens for a more thrilling experience.
Computer Monitors are one of the most integral parts of your system so choosing the right monitor is hugely important. That's why at SCAN we give you such a large selection to choose from. Below you can find our 28 inch and above monitors offering the largest screens for a more thrilling experience.
These screens are the next big thing in display technology - literally. They've got a mighty 3,840 x 2,160 resolution to ensure that movies and games look as good as possible, and many of these screens are large enough to dominate a desk. Just ensure that you can afford one of these high-end panels - and that your graphics card has enough power to drive so many pixels if you want to play games.
The edges of these monitors very gently curve inwards, matching the curvature of the human eye. The curve is so gentle it's not really conciously visible, but combined with an ultra wide aspect ratio makes games, particularly first person shooters even more immersive than when played on a standard flat monitor.
- 23.6" AOpen 24HC1QR-P Curved Monitor, VA, 1920x1080, 144Hz, FreeSync, 4ms, 100M:1, 250cd/m², HDMI/DP/DVIRRP: £169.99£139.98
- 27" Acer ED273 Curved Monitor, VA, 1920x1080, 4ms, HDMI/DVI/VGARRP: £183.98
- 31.5" Acer XZ321Q Curved Monitor,144Hz, AMD Freesync 1920x1080, VA Panel, 4ms, 300cd/m2, DP/HDMI,RRP: £449.99£299.98
These screens can be used to take your gaming to the next level thanks to 120Hz panels that can display 3D images. You'll need an NVIDIA 3D Vision kit to get started, and make sure you've got a graphics card that's powerful enough to smoothly output two 1080p images at once.
For any type of professional post production work, a monitor that accurately displays color to industry standards is an indispensable tool.
- 32" BenQ PV3200PT Monitor, IPS Panel, 3840x2160, 5ms, 250cd/m², DP 1.2/HDMI 1.4/mDP 1.2, Black£1,000.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Eizo ColorEdge CG319X - HDR video editing and colour-accurate photo display in 4K£3,989.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- EIZO Coloredge 23" CS230 - Self-Calibrating IPS Monitor for Design, Video and Photo Editing£450.32FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- BenQ 27" PD2700U Monitor, 4K IPS, 3840x2160, 5ms 1300:1 350cd/m2 MDP/DP/HDMI£522.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- 32" Benq PD3200U 4K IPS Monitor, 3840x2160, 4ms, 350cd/m2, 1000:1, mDP/DP/HDMI, SD Card Reader, 4x USB 3.0, VESA Mount£811.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- 27" BenQ PV270 DCI-P3 Monitor, IPS Panel, 2560x1440, 5ms, 250cd/m², mDP 1.2/DP 1.2/HDMI 1.4/DVI-D DL, Black£879.60FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- EIZO ColorEdge 24" CG247X - Self-Calibrating Monitor for Design, Video and Photo Editing£1,234.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- EIZO ColorEdge 27" CG2730 - Self-Calibrating Monitor for Design, Video and Photo Editing£1,400.48FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Eizo ColorEdge CG277 27" Hardware Calibration IPS Professional Display£1,558.80FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Atomos Sumo 19M 1200NIT HDR Production Monitor with Touchscreen, 1200nit Brightness, 3D LUT, HDMI & Dual SDI Input£1,798.80FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- 24" Eizo CG248 4K IPS Monitor, 3840x2160, 60Hz, 16:9, 14ms, 350cd/m², 1000:1, 10-Bit, Height Adjustable, 2xDP1.2/2xHDMI£1,881.60FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Atomos Sumo 19" On-set & In-studio 4Kp60 HDR Monitor & Recorder + Switcher£2,154.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- SmallHD 1703 P3 Studio - Full HD 17-inch Wide Color Gamut (P3) Reference Grade Monitor, 450 Nits, True 10-bit, 1500:1£3,394.80FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
The ultimate upgrade for NVIDIA GeForce graphics card owners, these monitors all support the firm's G-SYNC technology, which automatically synchronises the panel's refresh rate with the current frame rate being produced by a graphics card, ensuring silky smooth gaming free from stutter and screen tearing. Available in resolutions up to 4K and with refresh rates up to 144Hz, there's something for everyone. Most modern NVIDIA GPUs support G-SYNC, but check to make sure yours does, and remember to use DisplayPort.
Monitors that support AMD's FreeSync variable refresh rate technology synchronise the panel's refresh rate to the frame rate produced by a graphics card for silky smooth gaming free from stutter and screen tears. Available in a wide range of resolutions, including ultra wide 2,560 x 1,080, these monitors are a gamer's best friend. For FreeSync gaming, you'll need to check you've got a supported AMD graphics card and connect to the monitor using DisplayPort.
Designed for a wide range of general applications including home/small office, graphics, video playback and even a little gaming these portable monitors are a lightweight alternative to a projector or full size monitor when on the move.
A touchscreen is a monitor where the screen can detect the presence and location of touch on the display area by finger pressure. Some touch screen devices can also sense passive objects like a stylus. Connectivity for the visual part of the monitor is via the usual interfaces such as VGA, DVI or HDMI depending on the specification. The touchscreen connectivity is via serial or a USB connection to the computer system. The computers operating system has to support touch screen functionality in order for the touch to screen to work.