Motherboards - Intel
The motherboard is the central hub of a PC, the board to which every other main component connects – CPUs in the socket, memory in the DIMM slots, and GPUs, sound cards and other expansion cards in the PCI slots. Hard disks, SSDs, optical drives and front-panel ports also connect to it. Intel motherboards have numerous socket types, chipsets and form factors, so make sure you've got the right configuration before buying. Intel's latest product range includes the mainstream LGA1151 and high-end LGA2066 sockets used by the Z370 and X299 chipsets, respectively. Feel free to contact Scan for buying advice prior to purchase.
The Intel Z390 chipset is the flagship chipset for Intel 9th generation Core processors, codename Coffee Lake. It supports two graphics cards, the most USB ports and is required for overclocking. These particular boards are full size ATX designs with maximum expandability.
Please Note: Despite utilising the same LGA1151 socket as 200 & 100 Series Motherboards, ONLY Intel 8th and 9th gen 'Coffee Lake' CPUs are compatible with these Intel Z370 Motherboards.
- Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, Intel Z390, S 1151, DDR4, SATA3, Dual M.2, 2-Way SLi/3-Way CrossFire, GbE, USB3.1 Gen2 A+C, ATXWas: £191.88£183.84£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX Motherboard + WD Green 240GB SATA III M.2 (2280) SSD BundleWas: £139.99£114.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F ATX Motherboard + Intel Core i7 9700K 8-Core CPU + Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz RAM BundleWas: £634.79£599.99FREE DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM
- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 ATX Motherboard + Intel Core i9 9900K 8-Core CPU + Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz RAMWas: £849.98£799.97FREE DELIVERY ON THIS ITEMPre order
The Intel B360 chipset is the next step-down from the H370 chipset for Intel 8th generation Core processors, codename Coffee Lake. Like the H370 chipset, B360 does not support overclocking & usually only supports a single graphics card (although some of these motherboards may support 2x AMD Radeon Graphics Card in CrossFire - Check Specs. for details). Its main difference from the chipsets above are it loses support for RAID, but it does however maintain support for Intel Optane Memory & 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen2. Another notable trade-off with B360, is that the chipset supplies less PCIe 3.0 Lanes for other devices than both of the more expensive Z370 & H370 chipsets. These particular boards are full-size ATX designs for maximum expandability.
Please Note: Despite utilising the same LGA1151 socket as 200 & 100 Series Motherboards, ONLY Intel 8th Gen. 'Coffee Lake' CPUs are compatible with these Intel B360 Motherboards.
- ASUS ROG STRIX B360-H GAMING, Intel B360, S 1151, DDR4, SATA3, Dual M.2, 2-Way CrossFire, GbE, USB 3.1 Gen2 A, ATXWas: £130.49£124.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
The Intel B250 chipset is the most affordable chipset for Intel 7th generation Core processors, codename Kaby Lake. Compared to the more expensive chipsets B250 has fewer PCI-E lanes, so only supports a single graphics card, fewer USB ports and does not support RAID or overclocking. These particular boards are full size ATX designs with maximum expandability.
- Gigabyte B250-FinTech, Miner, Intel B250, S 1151, DDR4, PCIe 3.0 x16 + 11x PCIe x1, SATA3, Realtek GbE, USB3.1 G1 A, ATXWas: £71.99£39.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY