Guitar Pedals & Effects
You’d think it would be enough that a guitarist found his perfect guitar and amp rig, but no, they still want to mess with their tone! And what better way than with a wide variety of effects from companies like BOSS, XVIVE, VALETON, CKK, FRIEDMAN, ONE CONTROL, VOODOO LABS, CARL MARTIN, PROVIDENCE, WAY HUGE, WAMPLER and many more…
Effects more common to the world of acoustic guitar playing. Although there are no hard and fast rules, distortion is not a common effect with acoustic guitar. The parametric E.Q. is a fantastic addition to your acoustic set up allowing you endless sculpting of your tone or removing feedback at a gig. Reverb and modulation lend themselves well to acoustic guitar and the more modern mult ieffect units allow you to model different classic acoustic guitars from the rich in low end and full sounding dreadnought to the even tone of a smaller body and everything in between.
- (B-Stock) FISHMAN Aura Spectrum DI Preamp, 3-band EQ, One-knob compressor, Automatic feedback suppression£276.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
A chorus pedal is a modulation effect. The original signal is split and run through a short delay and then combined with the original signal. The delayed part of the signal can then be modulated to create movement to create a thicker tone. A classic effect used on elctric, acoustic and bass guitars.
In its simplist explanation a compressor makes the quiet parts of the signal louder and the louder parts quieter delivering a more consistant loudness. Can have the most subtle of effect through to the very obvious "snap". A compressor can also increase sustain and provide extra gain to push the front of your amp.
From mild soft clipping overdrives, to germanium based fuzz circuits, to all out hard clipping high gain, these pedals give you the drive to suit your taste.
- Valeton La' Charger Guitar Pedal, Modern Crunch, Distortion, True Bypass, Stompbox, Coral Series£34.80£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Valeton Hell Flame Guitar Pedal, Extreme Distortion, True Bypass, Stompbox, Coral Series
- Valeton Loft Series Analog Overdrive OD-10 Guitar Pedal - Based On The Boss OD-1 Over Drive Pedal
- CKK Omni Boost MK2 Guitar Pedal, Signal Boost, Clean Boost, Fat Boost, 20db Full Band Gain, Stompbox
- CKK Scream Drive Guitar Pedal, Classic Overdrive Effect, Two Gain Stage, Stompbox
- One Control BJF Series FX Anodized Brown Distortion, Extremely Versatile, True Bypass, Aluminium Enclosure£60.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- CKK Anka Distortion True-Bypass Effects Pedal, 3 Clipping Options, Internal Post Fat Boost, 9V DC or Battery OperationWas: £79.00
- Emma Electronic OnoMATOpoeia Overdrive Guitar Pedal - Low Gain, Clean Boost / Dirty Overdrive, True Bypass£102.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- KHDK No.2 Clean Boost Guitar Pedal - Warm, Tube-like Boost
- KHDK Scuzz Box Fuzz Guitar Pedal - Germanium-voiced Fuzz
- Lunastone Wise Guy Guitar Pedal - Vintage Tube-like Overdrive, Mid-focused Crunch, True-Bypass Switching£174.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Tsakalis Audio Works Nerve MKII Dual High Gain Distortion Guitar Effect Pedal, Two Channels, JFETWas: £199.00£179.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
A good power supply is essential when putting together your peda lboard. Asside from keeping things tidy around your feet they can also provide different voltages to match the individual pedal requirements. Pedals can be powered either by daisy chainging them together or by using an isolatied powersupply. An isolated supply should eliminate ground loops and any associated hum, as there's no grounding path between the pedals.
- One Control Micro Distro All In One Silver Pedal Power Supply, 9 Outputs, 1x 12-18V SAG Adjustable Output, Low Noise£66.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
The ultimate tool to sculpt your tone. From the more wide ranging graphic E.Q to allow control over bass,mid and treble to the parametric E.Q that allows you to boost or cut a specific frequency. An excellent tool for electric, acoustic and bass guitars.
- Xvive Tone Shaper Equalizer Micro Guitar Effect Pedal, Two-Band EQ, Upto 6dB Gain£15.00£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Boost pedals allow you make your sound "bigger" by adding more gain to your signal before it hits the input on your amp. They're typically used to help a solo cut through or to obtain a natural overdrive from your amp.
- One Control BJF Series FX Granith Grey Booster, +15dB High-quality Boost, True-bypass Aluminium Enclosure£48.00£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Load Box (also known as Dummy Load) units can enable you to record the output of an amplifier without having to drive a cab to full volume, enabling you to drive amps hard to capture the driven tone and the sag effect of valve amps, whilst choosing to make little or no noise in the process. Some devices have DI outputs, whilst others also have a built in cabinet and mic simulator, which lets you sculpt your perfect tone without having to worry about noise complaints, acoustics or having an extensive mic locker.
- Valeton Dapper Amp Mini - Amp Modeling Strip with FX
- (B-Stock) Two Notes Le Lead, 2 Channel Tube Preamp Stompbox With MIDI, Ruby 12AX7AC5 HG Valve,£210.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
A looper pedal will record as you play and then at the press of the switch loop the part you have just played allowing you to play over the top of the loop.Build up layer after layer or use it to create a backing to solo over. An ideal tool for solo singer song writers who want to build a "live" backing track to sing and play over.
Pedal switchers allow multiple stomp boxes to be brought in and out of the signal chain with the push of a single footswitch. They can have multiple channels and allow individual loops to be configured to combine different effects together without having to switch the stomp boxes on/off individually giving the player easier control over their sound. Some switchers also offer advanced routing features, MIDI control as well as the ability to assign pre-sets.
- One Control Minimal Series BJF Buffer Split - Versatile Utility Box, A/B Switch, True Bypass Loop Switcher
- One Control Minimal Series Junction Box Midi - 4x MIDI Connectors, Route Signal To and From Your Board£42.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Valeton Pole Position 4 Channels Pedal Switcher, Rugged Sheet Metal, Heavy Duty Metal Footswitches, True Bypass Routing
Multi effects units combine all the common effects and some uncommon ones into one box usually with a range of switches allowing you for example to create different patches allowing you to go from a clean sound with chorus straight into a high gain lead patch with delay with the press of a button. Infinite sounds in a compact package, the swiss army knife of guitar effects.
- Valeton Dapper Mini Effect Strip, Tuner, Drive, Chorus, Delay, Phones (With Cab Sim)
- Valeton Acoustic Mini Effects Strip, Tuner, Comp, Preamp, Reverb, Phones (With Cab Sim)£79.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Valeton Dapper VES-1 Effects Strip - Tuner, Overdrive, Distortion, Delay, Cab Sim and FX Loop
- Valeton Dapper Dark High Gain Effect Strip, Tuner, Boost, Hi-gain, Chorus, Delay, FX Loop, Cab Sim£109.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Aalberg Audio KO-1 KOR Guitar Pedal, Chorus, Flanger, True Bypass, Stompbox, Compatible With AERO AE-1 Blutooth£168.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Reverb pedals modify the signal in such a way that you can replicate playing in different sonic spaces. Delay pedals allow you to repeat your sound at pre-determined intervals after you've played it. Both effects whether used independently or together can add warmth and depth to your tone. Reverb and delay pedals are collectively known as time-based effects and are typically positioned at the end of your signal chain.
- Valeton Loft Series AD-10 Analog Delay Stompbox - Warm, Sweet Analogue Delay Tone, Buffer Bypass, Low Noise Level
- Boss RV-6 Reverb Effect Pedal, Subtle Rooms, Modern Shimmer, Evocative Long Reverbs, Delay+Reverb£119.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Aalberg Audio EK-1 EKKO Guitar Pedal, Digital Stereo Delay, True Bypass, Stompbox, Compatible With AERO AE-1 Bluetooth
The oldest guitar effect. The first stand alone effects unit outside of reverb was tremolo produced back in 1948. The effect creates a rapid variation in volume of the output of your guitar, "Gimme Shelter" is the perfect explanation.
The humble tuner pedal is the quickest and easiest way of tuning your instrument. The most basic function allows standard tuning of your guitar but many offer alternative tunings and are stable across the entire frequency range allowing you to drop tune guitar or bass. Polytuners allow tuning of all strings simultaneously and are ideal for tuning on the fly.
- Valeton Coral Tuner Guitar Pedal, True Bypass, Stompbox, Coral Series£25.00£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
One of the classic guitar effects of all time. The pedal creates a vocal like sound by sweeping through the frequency range of your guitar. Most commonly controlled with the foot allowing you to work in real time and sequence the effect to what you are playing. Some pedals over an auto function allowing you to switch on and off a preset wah effect. Here you will also find envelope filters. This pedal reacts to how hard you play, play hard and you get a treble boost and as the signal drops the boost dies away, the ultimate funk tool.
- Boss PW-3 Wah Effect Pedal, Unique Rich Mode, Vintage Mode, Rugged Die-Cast Aluminium Chassis£97.88FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah Effects Stompbox, Classic Auto-Wah, Humanizer, Bass Input£104.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET