An interface allows you to get audio or control signals in and out of your computer.
PCIe, Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 based interfaces are generally best, as they have the fastest connection to the computer and can handle the biggest number of audio channels, although low channels counts, Midi and CV are perfectly able to be transferred via USB at optimal performance.
Most Digital mixers mimic the look of the old analogue desks, but have the advantage of no added noise,easy signal routing and being able to save and load whole templates. There are also usually many on-board effects getting rid of the need for external hardware.
- (B-Stock) Presonus StudioLive RM 16AI 32/16 recallable Class A XMAX™ microphone preamplifiersWas: £469.00£430.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Thunderbolt interfaces use an extremely fast connection to not only offer very low latency audio, but many also offer dedicated DSP processing, which wont put any load on your CPU.
- Antelope Discrete 4 Console-Grade Discrete Microphone Interface With Premium FX Pack, Real-Time FPGA FX£900.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKETPre order
- Antelope Discrete 8 Console-Grade Microphone Preamp Interface With Premium FX, 8 Class A Mic Pres, Real-Time FPGA FX£1,290.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
USB & Firewire audio interfaces offer high quality inputs and outputs for recording and playing back your audio. With the added advantage of being easy to transport and move between systems, they are a popular solution for performers wishing to have a single high quality interface they can move between the studio and stage with ease. USB audio interfaces due to their portability and often great value remain perhaps the most common audio interfaces in use today. With USB being the computer worlds most widely supported connection standard, through using an USB audio interface it allows us the flexibility of having it either in the studio or to easily take it out on the road with you. This means that you can use the same high quality audio I/O connections and quality recording signal path found within your audio interface, no matter where your projects may take you. Regular USB audio interfaces are likely to be based around the classic USB connection
- (B-Stock) PreSonus Studio 68 - 6-In/6-Out USB Audio Interface, 2 XMAX Class A Mic Pres, MIDI I/OWas: £144.00£130.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MOTU TRACK 16 - FW 400 / USB 2, 192 kHz, 24 Bit, 2 Mic Pre's , 7 / 6 Analogue I/O, ADAT I/O£412.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Steinberg UR-RT4 USB 2.0 Audio Interface incl. Neve Transformers, D-PRE mic preamps & iPad connectivity£452.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET