TASCAM 2x2 Track Pack Audio Interfae Package
TASCAM Track Pack including US-2x2 USB/MIDI Audio Interface, TM-80 Condenser Microphone, and TH-02 Stereo Headphones
The US-2x2 is a 2-in/2-out USB interface, bus powered from your Windows or Mac computer. A pair of Ultra-HDDA mic preamps provide up to 57 dB of gain and the best noise and distortion specs in their class. The audio design features high-performance, musical components like NE5532 op amps for rich sound quality without colouring the source. Class-compliant drivers enable use with tablets like the iPad when using an optional power supply.
The TM-80 is a condenser microphone with cardioid characteristic ideal for vocals, drums, and acoustic instruments. It includes a shockmount to reduce unwanted low-frequency noise from the floor and a desktop stand for easy setup.
The TH-02 closed-back headphones provide acoustic isolation from the environment while recording and a good reference during mixdown.
With everything included for capturing and reproducing audio with your computer, TRACKPACK 2x2 offers an affordable and easy way to launch your first computer-recording studio. Features US-2x2 USB Audio/MIDI Interface
As a 2-input/2-output USB audio/MIDI interface, the US-2x2 is perfect for music creation – and novice users in particular. It offers serious recording capabilities with 96 kHz/24-bit quality with easy-to-understand operation so users can make high-quality recordings as soon as the interface is connected.
Mic preamps are the key to audio quality, and the Ultra-HDDA mic preamps in the US-2x2 boasts –125 dBu EIN rating which means a very, very low noise floor. Because of the wide dynamic range, this interface can also be used with dynamic microphones in addition to condenser mics. This makes it ideal for a variety of applications from recording vocals, pianos and acoustic guitars.
The radical eye-catching angled design was crafted by a German designer, who has worked on numerous well-known devices used for music creation, and is optimized for ease of use on the desktop.
The newly designed driver software is easy to install, and easy to master by anyone. Operation has been tested with major DAW applications, so the user can choose their favourite DAW without concern. The US-2x2 can also be used as audio interface with iPads and other popular iOS devices by simply utilizing a genuine Apple Lightning-to-USB camera adapter (an optional AC adapter is necessary to use the US-2x2 with iOS devices).
With the potential for future use with other DAWs and iOS devices, the US-2x2 is an ideal ‘first’ audio interface. There is also a complete bundle available including US-2x2, headphones and studio condenser mic (TRACKPACK 2x2).
• Ultra-HDDA mic preamps provide pristine audio quality
• Simple, easy-to-understand operation and a newly-developed USB driver
• Sleek industrial design that inspires creativity with a practical interface
• Support for iPads and other iOS devices
• Bundled DAW software enables music creation right out of the box
• High-quality Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone pre-amps with ultra-low noise (EIN: –125 dBu)
• NE5532 operational amplifier for audio input and output circuits
• Recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit
• Support for Mac and Windows operating systems
• 2-in/2-out audio streaming from a PC connected via USB 2.0
• Two XLR/TRS (mic/line) analogue inputs with phantom power supply
• Inputs selectable between line and instrument level
• Wide input gain range of 57 dB for dynamic microphones
• Zero-latency monitoring (direct monitoring)
• Two TRS (balanced) analogue outputs
• Headphones output delivering 18 mW per channel
• Independent level controls for line and phones outputs
• MIDI input/output
• Source of audio output can be selected on settings panel
• Selectable input monitor mode (stereo/mono)
• Input mute switch on control panel
• USB bus-powered for mobile recording
• USB Audio Compliance 2.0 for iOS connection
• Standalone operation for practice sessions
• Bundled with Sonar X3 LE and Ableton Live Lite 9
• DAW compatibility (Sonar, ProTools, Cubase, Live)
• Rugged aluminum body
• Angled industrial design for ease-of-use on a desktop
TH-02 Stereo Headphones
Compact, Folding Headphones for Easy Transport and Storage
The TH-02 ear cups can be rotated 90 degrees and folded-up completely into the headband for easy storage. Once folded away, they can be easily carried around while on the go for recording outside the studio.
Comfortable and Easy-to-Wear Closed Headphones for Studio Monitoring
The closed design of the headphones is ideal for monitoring performances while recording without mic bleed. Incorporating comfortable, sound-proof ear pads, there’s no need to worry about the mic picking up sound bleed from the headphones. With a wide frequency response of 18 Hz to 22 kHz, you can also use these headphones for monitoring during mixdown for clear, uncoloured sound.
• Foldable design for compact storage and transport
• Tightly-stitched, padded headband and ear pads for stylish comfort
• Closed-back dynamic design featuring rich bass response and crisp highs
• 3.5-mm to 6.3-mm jack adapter
• Driver diameter: 50 mm
• Impedance: 32 Ohms
• Sensitivity: 98 dB ± 3 dB
• Frequency response: 18 Hz to 22 kHz
• Maximum input power: 600 mW
• Cable length: 3 m when fully extended
• Dimension (W × H × D): 180 mm × 240 mm × 90 mm
• Weight: 298 g
TM-80 Condenser Microphone
Cadioid Condenser Microphone for a pro vocal sound
A cardioid condenser microphone is the perfect all-around mic for vocal and instrument recording. The unidirectional pickup pattern keeps the recording from sounding too ambient. The TM-80 has an 18-mm aluminum diaphragm and a wide frequency response. With a maximum sound pressure rating of 136 dB SPL, you can safely use the TM-80 with guitar amps, drums and other loud instruments.
Package includes shock-absorbing suspension, table-top mic stand and mic cable
Included are essential microphone accessories - a shock-absorbing suspension to reduce bass rumble, 1.8-m XLR cable and table-top tripod - allowing you to set up at your desktop and record right away.
• Condenser microphone utilizes precisely designed electronic circuitry
• Microphone capsule assembly features an 18-mm pure-aluminum diaphragm
• Cardioid polar pattern
• Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
• Sensitivity: –38 dB ±2 dB (0 dB = 1 V/Pa at 1 kHz)
• Phantom power requirement: 9–48 V DC
• Output impedance: 200 Ohm ±30 % (at 1 kHz)
• Load impedance: >1 k Ohm
• Maximum SPL: 136 dB (1 % THD at 1 kHz)
• S/N ratio: 77 dB
• Housing material: Die cast zinc
• Dimensions (W × H × D): 48 mm × 165 mm × 48 mm
• Includes: shock mount, mini desk stand, mic cable (1.8 m, XLR (male) – XLR (female))
|Computer Interface Type||USB 2|
|Analogue Inputs (Total)||2|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)||2|
|Mic Preamps (Max)||2|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)||2|
|Sample Rate (Max)||96 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||Not Specified dB|
|Dimensions (mm)||Not Specified WxHxD|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.