(Open Box) Audeze - LCD-X Creator Package with Lightweight Carry Case (Leather)
(Open Box) Audeze - LCD-X Creator Pack with Economy Carry Case, Planar Magnetic Technology - Leather
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
'Made to Mix, Made to Master'
Audeze - 'LCD-X'
Music Creators Package
The Audeze LCD-X creator pack has been improved with the addition of a lightweight travel case. This is more practical for many travellers than the larger waterproof travel case. It is compact and enables you to put it inside a suitcase or cabin bag more easily, rather than it having to be a piece of luggage on it's own.
Since it's release, the LCD-X has become THE headphone for Professional Audio users. Many of the world's biggest records have been mixed and/or mastered with Audeze headphones. These includes songs from Ed Sheeran, Adele, John Mayer, Kanye West, Lorde, Imagine Dragons and many others. Perhaps more amazing is the fact these engineers and producers never used headphones in their workflow until they heard Audeze!.
After consulting many producers and mix engineers using LCD range headphones, we realised that the majority kept them in the studio, where they were used with the single ended (quarter inch jack) cable. This isnt a downgrade of the LCD-X itself, which still comes with a premium braided quater inch cable, but the flightcase and balanced cable are now not included as standard, but of course can be bought separately if required.
If you do have a dedicated DAC / Amp (such as the excellent iFi 'Zen Dac', Lake People 'G109P' or RME 'ADI-2 DAC'), then you can unlock another level of detail and precision. The reference-level LCD-X is an exciting addition to the LCD planar magnetic headphone collection. The LCD-X features a newly-developed and processed transducer made of a thinner and lighter alternative material.
Exclusive LCD-X Planar Magnetic Technology
The Engineers Best Friend Audeze had one goal in mind when designing the LCD range of headphones "To recreate sound precisely as the artist intended". The LCD range produce incredibly accurate and detailed sound, which has won Audeze many awards in the Hi-Fi world and gained many professional studio users including Ken Andrews (Paramore, Nine Inch Nails), Rob Swire (Pendulum / Knife Party), Richie Hawtin, Andy C & Noisia, as well as many of the world's leading mastering engineers.
• Audeze Headphones utilise Planar Magnetic technology which overcome many of the limitations of cone-based drivers.
• Unlike conventional cones which are attached to a voice coil with a single magnet, Planar Magnetic drivers have two sets of magnets, with the diaphragm etched onto a wafer-thin film in between them with one set of magnets pushing as one set pulls. As the magnetic field is distributed across the entire diaphragm, it can move faster, reproducing the waves much more accurately and also reduces distortion. Other headphones and speakers often have square waves that look more like sawtooths, due to the cone not being able to move as fast as required.
• Planar magnetic drivers are also a lot more durable than dynamic drivers as only the diaphragm actually moves in the headphones, so the drivers wont degrade as they get older.
• Audeze made many changes to the basic planar magnetic design, with them being renowned for their extended low frequency response and exceptionally sharp transients.
Designed, Engineered in Audeze's California Factory
Refined Aluminium Finish
You'll be proud of how the LCD-X looks and sounds; it's imbued with sophisticated looks and beautiful anodized aluminium rings that are manufactured at Audeze's facility. The quality of the entire structure guarantees years of trouble-free listening. The cutting-edge designs and circuit technologies have created a breathtakingly beautiful sounding headphone.
These include the new "Fazor" waveguides in each earphone assembly. The Fazor elements improve clarity, focus and the already spectacular holographic imaging. The two Fazor elements are placed just outside the two magnet structures that surround the diaphragm in each capsule. They guide and manage the flow of sound around the magnets.
What's in the Box?
• LCD-X planar magnetic headphones
• 1.9m 1/4'' to dual 4-pin mini-XLR cable
• User guide and warranty card
• Carry Case
'LCD-X' - Tech Spec
|Transducer type||Planar Magnetic|
|Magnetic structure||Proprietary magnet array|
|Magnet type||Neodymium N50|
|Transducer size||106 mm|
|Maximum power handling||5W RMS|
|Frequency response||10Hz - 50kHz|
|THD||<0.1% @ 100dB|
|Sensitivity||103 dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)|
|Minimum power requirement||>100mW|
|Recommended power level||>250mW|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 30 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months