Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 2
Rated 4 out of 5 by JimmyRiddle Excellent piece of kit... if you are lucky!
I have purchased 2 of these moving up from a 19" and a 22" monitor. All I can say about the specific product I have received is wow! The clarity on the screen is sensational, perfectly crisp with no issues.
The colour depth is really good, contrast isn't the best out there but it will be more than necessary for your day to day editing.
Gaming is actually really good on this as well, people go on and on about needing that extra 1ms response but you just don't. No human eye can tell the difference! These monitors do the job absolutely fine.
Anyway... to the most important part. I have 2 of these and so do a couple of my friends. Mine 5 out of 5, my friend however, is on his 4th replacement in 6 months. Lines of dead pixels, severe ghosting, really really bad backlight leak along the edges of the screen. Unforunately for him he purchased his through amazon and so had to return it directly to asus (DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THEM!!!) They happily took his 16 day old monitor and replaced it with a "brand new" monitor... Which also had a line of dead pixels. Turns out after 8 days of ownership Asus class this as a used item and therefore will replace it with a "refurbished" product.
So overall, if you get one without issues then it will be one of the best purchases you make.
05 September 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by BickDutt Impressively High Quality Monitor
- IPS panel; amazing colour reproduction & viewing angles.
- Asus software; the monitor's got a blue light filter and the preset 'splendid' profiles are great.
- Metal enclosure; the whole things built from metal, it feels super high quality and really makes your desk look professional.
- 2k resolution; combined with the 27 inch screen it is amazing. So much screen space!
- Black reproduction; the blacks could be darker, they're fine, just could be better.
- Built-in Audio; this is not good. Far too quiet and I actually noticed a degradation in sound quality compared to a direct connection with my PC.
01 August 2015