Pro speakers are designed to provide a flat frequency response to ensure the audio signal is reproduced as accurately as possible. Depending on the listening environment studio monitors are optimized depending on the listening distance. Nearfield, typical of small studios/home studios and mid/far for bigger spaces where the stereo field will be much wider.
Speakers can be either powered or passive. Powered monitors (active monitors) have the power amp built into the cabinet whereas a passive monitor requires a separate amp to drive them. They come in several form factors, the most common being two-way configurations where a tweeter provides the high frequencies, and a low-mid-range speaker (woofer) which provides the mid-low frequencies, all of which are housed in a cabinet. Generally speaking, a bigger woofer will provide a better bass response.
- (B-STOCK) Focal Alpha 65 - 6.5" Monitor Speaker (Single)£216.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- (B-Stock) PreSonus - 'Eris E66' Nearfield Monitor, 90W/140W Class A/B bi-amplification, 6.5-inch Drivers (Single)£239.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- (B-Stock) PreSonus SCEPTRE S6 High-Definition CoActual Active Studio Monitor (Single)£335.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- (B-Stock) Focal Professional CMS50 Studio Monitor (Single) V1
- (B-Stock) Focal Professional CMS50 Studio Monitor (Single) V2
- Genelec 8341APM Three-way Smart Active Monitor, Twin Oval Woofers, Coaxial Midrange And Tweeter - Grey (Single)Was: £2,499.00£2,333.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- (B-Stock) PreSonus - 'Eris E8' 130 Watt, 8" High-Definition Active Studio Monitor (Single)£135.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET