Pro speakers are designed to provide a flat frequency response to ensure the audio signal is reproduced as accurately as possible. Depending on the listening environment studio monitors are optimized depending on the listening distance. Nearfield, typical of small studios/home studios and mid/far for bigger spaces where the stereo field will be much wider.
Speakers can be either powered or passive. Powered monitors (active monitors) have the power amp built into the cabinet whereas a passive monitor requires a separate amp to drive them. They come in several form factors, the most common being two-way configurations where a tweeter provides the high frequencies, and a low-mid-range speaker (woofer) which provides the mid-low frequencies, all of which are housed in a cabinet. Generally speaking, a bigger woofer will provide a better bass response.
- KRK V4S4 Active Monitor (Single) - 2-Way, 4" Kevlar Cone, 1" Kevlar Dome Tweeter, 58Hz-19kHz, 85W RMS, 110dB SPL£254.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Mackie XR624 Monitor Speaker, 160W Class D Amp, 6.5 Inch Woofer, Logarithmic Waveguide, ELP Bass Reflex System (Single)£297.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Genelec 8341APM Three-way Smart Active Monitor, Twin Oval Woofers, Coaxial Midrange And Tweeter - Grey (Single)£2,659.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKETPre order
- KRK V8S4 Active Monitor (Single) - 2-Way, 8" Kevlar Cone, 1" Kevlar Dome Tweeter, 35Hz-19kHz, 230W RMS, 118dB SPL£439.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
There are some products that fit perfectly alongside Monitor Speakers, and we've taken some of those and turned them in to 'Bundles'. These bundles are designed to be cheaper than if you bought the items seperately...
- IK Multimedia iLoud MTM & Stagg Cables 100W RMS Powered 2-way Studio Monitor, with 2x3.5" Woofers,1" TweeterWas: £600.00£579.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKETPre order