DIY Water Cooling
The two most critical components in a gaming PC, the CPU and the graphics card, generate a lot of waste heat that needs to be removed from the case. Water is a much better conductor of heat energy that air, so watercooling your PC could make it cooler, quieter and potentially allow you to overclock components further. This category encompasses all types of watercooling from all the individual components required to build a watercooling loop, including blocks, pumps, reservoirs, radiators, fans, tubing and different coloured fluids plus complete kits.
The coolants here are both aesthetically pleasing and highly functional. They are designed to prevent corrosion and the growth of algae, both of which would prove problematic and reduce your systems cooling ability. Pre-mixed solutions are available in a wide variety of colours, including UV reactive ones.
- EK Foldable Loop Filling Bottle, 1000ml, Telescopic Tube, Coolant Volume Markers, Translucent Strip£4.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYIn stock
These are the smooth-faced chunks of metal that actually make contact with your components in a water-cooled rig. They can be used with processors, graphics cards, hard disks and chipsets, and many are only compatible with specific motherboards or third-party graphics cards, so double-check before you buy.
- EK-Quantum Momentum Aorus Z490 Master, CPU/Motherboard Water Cooler Monoblock, D-RGB, Nickel Plated Copper, Plexi
- EK-Quantum Momentum Aorus Z490 Master, CPU/Motherboard Water Cooler Monoblock, Nickel Plated Copper, Acetal
- EK-Quantum Momentum ROG Maximus XII Hero, CPU/Motherboard Water Cooler Monoblock, D-RGB, Nickel Plated Copper, Plexi
- EK-Quantum Momentum ROG Maximus XII Hero, CPU/Motherboard Water Cooler Monoblock, Nickel Plated Copper, Acetal
- EK-Quantum Momentum Aorus Z490 Xtreme, CPU/Motherboard Water Cooler Monoblock, D-RGB, Nickel Plated Copper, Plexi£308.39£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
The complexity and cost of custom water-cooling systems means it pays to keep an eye on them. The components in this category will allow you to track temperatures and flow rates and control fan speeds too. The 5.25in bay adaptors are useful for bringing these monitoring and control capabilities within easy reach at the front of you PC.
Reservoirs are not technically necessary, but are highly recommended. They increase your loop's fluid capacity and provide a convenient place to monitor water levels, add fluid or bleed air. Many can also be housed inside a spare 5.25in bay. This category also includes tubes, caps and other accessories.
- EK-RES X3 250 Reservoir, 60mm Diameter, D-RGB, Silent Operation, Plexi£64.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYIn stock
The radiator, when combined with one or more fans helps to conducts heat energy from the fluid in the watercooling loop into the air away from your PC. The larger the surface area the more effective the cooling, although some radiators are so thick they will only perform well with special fans that have a very high static air pressure to move air between the fins of the radiator. The radiators in this category require at least three140mm fans to cool adequately.
- Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper X-Flow Water Cooling Radiator, supports 3x 140mm Fans, 1/4" Thread, M3, Black£95.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYDue 1st Mar