DIY Water Cooling
The two most critical components in a gaming PC, the CPU and the graphics card, generate a lot of waste heat that needs to be removed from the case. Water is a much better conductor of heat energy that air, so watercooling your PC could make it cooler, quieter and potentially allow you to overclock components further. This category encompasses all types of watercooling from all the individual components required to build a watercooling loop, including blocks, pumps, reservoirs, radiators, fans, tubing and different coloured fluids plus complete kits.
Most of the water blocks here can be strapped to almost any CPU, including Intel and AMD processors, but it's important to check the socket you're using is compatible. They vary in their materials and colours, so you can easily match them to your system's aesthetics.
- Swiftech Apogee GTZ 775 HD CPU backplate Adaptor Mounting Kit for APOGEE GTZ CPU water block£2.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These are the smooth-faced chunks of metal that actually make contact with your components in a water-cooled rig. They can be used with processors, graphics cards, hard disks and chipsets, and many are only compatible with specific motherboards or third-party graphics cards, so double-check before you buy.
These blocks are designed to fit AMD's high-end single and dual-GPU graphics cards. Due to the complexity and variability of GPU PCBs, most are only compatible with reference designs or specific third-party models, so it's vital to check that your water block is compatible with your exact graphics card. Also take note of the thread size so you can connect your fittings and tubing properly. Finally, some blocks come with a backplate, while with others you can buy one separately, giving you the option to combine different colours and perfect your look.
- Alphacool NexXxos NVXP-3 ATI X1800/1900 GPU Chipset Cooler£14.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Alphacool NexXxoS GPX - incl. backplate, For ATI R9 Fury M02, Black£59.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Make the most of your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 1080, 1070 or Titan X Pascal graphics card, customising it with a waterblock for lower temperatures, lower noise and greater overclocking potential.
- Alphacool NexXxoS GPX GPU Backplate waterblock, for Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080/1070, 'Active' cooling, 18mm Deep fins, Blue
- Alphacool NexXxoS GPX GPU Backplate waterblock, for Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080/1070, 'Active' cooling, 18mm Deep fins, Red
- Thermaltake Pacific V Full Cover Waterblock for GTX 1080Ti GAMING X, RGB, Copper & Acrylic, Aluminium Backplate£124.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These products enable you to link together several watercooled graphics cards more easily and securely than connecting them with tiny pieces of tubing. Choose from a variety of colours, finishes and connections, enabling you to personalise your watercooling loop.
The complexity and cost of custom water-cooling systems means it pays to keep an eye on them. The components in this category will allow you to track temperatures and flow rates and control fan speeds too. The 5.25in bay adaptors are useful for bringing these monitoring and control capabilities within easy reach at the front of you PC.
- Aqua Computer Aquaero 5 PRO LCD Fan-Controller, Grafik LCD£92.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Pumps generate the motion required to push the water around your system. They come in various forms – some will fit into a spare drive bay, for example, and others have a reservoir attached. Whatever one you buy, you need to ensure it's powerful enough for your system, and that you have space in your chassis as well as a suitable spare power connector.
- Thermaltake Pacific P1 Pump D5-810, DIY LCS, 50,000 hours MTBF, 5 speed user manual controller, POM/Aluminium, Black£139.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Reservoirs are not technically necessary, but are highly recommended. They increase your loop's fluid capacity and provide a convenient place to monitor water levels, add fluid or bleed air. Many can also be housed inside a spare 5.25in bay. This category also includes tubes, caps and other accessories.
Hardline acrylic tubing looks stunning, but needs special fittings to hold the tubes in place compared to standard flexible tubing. The fittings in this category are all specially designed for hardline acrylic tubing and are available in a variety of colours and sizes to match the diameter of your tubing.
- EK-HD Adapter Female 10/12mm - Black Nickel, Solid-tube Fitting£3.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
In this category you'll find all the various tools required to measure, cut and bend your acrylic tubing to the perfect size and angles.
Fittings are a critical component in a watercooling loop as they secure the flexible tubing between the various components, such as the blocks, pump, reservoir and radiator. The fittings in this category are designed to secure 8/10mm (5/16"-7/16") tubing and pre-threaded for easy installation.
- Aqua-Computers Coupling 10/8 mm G 1/8 with O-gasketCall for price
Fittings are a critical component in a watercooling loop as they secure the flexible tubing between the various components, such as the blocks, pump, reservoir and radiator. The fittings in this category are designed to secure 13/19mm (1/2"-3/4") tubing and pre-threaded for easy installation.
- Bitspower G1/4" Deluxe White Dual Rotary 45-Degree Compression Fitting CC5 V2 for ID1/2" OD3/4" Tube£5.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These products enable to easily add a fill port to your waterloop loop. When mounted at the highest point of a loop it allows you to easily fill and top-off the fluid, without having to dismantle your PC. Fill ports are not necessary, but make maintaining a watercooled PC much easier than a loop without one.
- Scan 66116 10mm L plug fitting - complete nickel plated£1.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY