PCI/PCI-E Add in Cards
These cards slot into various ports on a motherboard or laptop. Their purpose is to offer features that are not present otherwise, such as networking, USB, Thunderbolt, and WiFi support. These cards typically fit into a spare PCI or PCIe slot on a desktop motherboard or to a dedicated I/O port on a laptop, and they provide an easy way to upgrade the system without having to switch out the motherboard and CPU.
Network cards are added to desktop PCs, workstations or servers to enable connectivity to other users, devices and the outside world. M.2 is a compact format designed to connect directly to the motherboard and provide a connection over wireless to other users, devices and the outside world.
- Intel M.2 11AX Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+), Dual Band, (2x2), Bluetooth 5.1, No VPROWas: £19.99£16.79FREE DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM
Network cards are added to desktop PCs, workstations or servers to enable connectivity to other users, devices and the outside world. RJ45 is the common wired interface used to connect via Ethernet to network switches and routers.
- 1 Port Intel Gigabit PRO EXPI9301CTBLK 1000CT Gigabit PCI-e Network Adapter - OEM£29.94£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2 Port Intel X540-T2 10Gbps Server PCI Express x8 Ethernet Card OEMWas: £229.99£199.98FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- 4 Port Intel I350-T4 Gigabit Network Card RJ-45, Copper, PCI-e x4, OEM£199.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2 Port Intel X550-T2 Ethernet Converged 10 Gigabit PCI-E Network Adapter OEMWas: £339.98£299.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Network cards are added to servers to enable connectivity to other users and devices in a high performance environment. SFP+ is a small form factor pluggable interface allows fibre optic cabling to be used as opposed to Ethernet offering greater speeds, distance and low latency when connecting to network switches.
- 2 Port Intel E10G42BTDABLK 10 Gigabit SFP Ethernet Server Adaptor Optical PCI-Express inc Low Profile BracketWas: £229.99£199.98FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
External network cards or adapters are added to predominantly laptop devices to add wired Ethernet connectivity. A USB port is used to add either single or multiple RJ45 ports - the common wired interface used to connect via Ethernet to network switches and routers.
- Griffin GC43705 USB Type-A to RJ45 Ethernet Adapter WhiteWas: £4.99£1.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Lycom NW-101 USB Device Extender & Shared Over CAT5/6 RJ-45 GigabitWas: £35.99£29.99FREE DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM
These external hot pluggable cards are for PC's which feature the Express Card slot. Usually on laptops and available in two form factors, ExpressCard 34 & ExpressCard 54 which are sized 34 and 54mm respectively. Note that a 34mm slot will only accept a ExpressCard 34, with a 54mm slot able to accept both types.
- 1 Port Lycom EK-202 e-SATA II 3GBps and 1 Port USB2 ExpressCard for Notebooks£1.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Sonnet Tempo SATA II Pro Express 34 - Professional 2-Port eSATA Host Controller£48.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
These wireless network cards fit inside a computer (PC / notebook / Laptop) and connect using either the PCI, PCIe, M.2, Mini-PCIe interface. These Wireless Adaptors allow the computer to connect to a wireless network without having to run a network cable to the system. Advanced features such as high bandwidth and encryption ensure both a fast and secure connection to a WiFi network. Always check your motherboards interface for PCI or PCIe to ensure you select the correct wireless network card adaptor for your requirements.
- tp-link WN881ND N300 PCI Express Wireless Adapter with Dual Detachable Omni Directional Antenna LP BracketWas: £11.99£9.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- ASUS PCE-AX3000 11AX WiFi 6 Wireless PCIe NIC, Dual-Band 2.4+5GHz (600+2402Mbps), MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0Was: £44.99£33.98FREE DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM
These cards are designed to give todays system more connectivity options. Ideal for using with external storage solutions, or todays digital cameras, these cards open up the world of high-speed interconnects to systems that did not originally have them or for simply adding more ports to a system.
- Scan 3xUSB 2.0 PCI card with 3.5" USB & Firewire Combo USB internal Hub£1.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Scan Combo 4xUSB2 & x3 Firewire 1394a Internal HUB 3.5" and 5.25" Slot£11.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These expansion cards add various types of storage functionality to a system. We offer cards that can be installed inside laptops to add fully functional SATA ports, and PCI-based cards can be used inside desktop PCs to add additional USB ports to the rear of a system.
- Lycom PC-112 2 Port e-SATA Cardbus Expander to 10 Units Multi Drives (NCQ & Port Multiplier)£27.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Lycom PC-112R5 2 Port Raid 5 SATAII 2Port Cardbus (NCQ & Port Multiplier) for Notebooks£29.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These cards are used to add extra SATA ports to a PC. They function by fitting into the PCI or PCI-Express slots spare on most motherboards, and the additional ports are found on the back panel of the PC. Make sure you've got a spare connector on your motherboard and enough room inside your case, before you buy.
- Lycom 64-105M Raid5 SATAII - 3Gbps Multilane 4xExternal 4Ports 64Bit Low Profile PCI-X Host£35.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
A collection of cards designed to give systems additional connections such as serial, parallel, USB, or Firewire ports to enable the use of both legacy and newer digital products.
- Brainboxes- PCMCIA 2 Port Velocity Serial (RS-422/485) PC Card with 128 Byte FIFO (PM-121)£129.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY