Vuzix iWear HD Video Gaming Media Entertainment Headset
Never before has a single personal entertainment device offered a comparable level of video and audio performance in a mobile solution.
Introducing the CES Award Winning iWear
The winner of multiple Consumer Electronic Show awards, iWear is a high-end pair of video headphones, providing users with a mobile wearable video display and gaming solution featuring dual high-definition displays. iWear has a field of view equivalent to a 125” home theatre screen viewed from 10 feet away, plus it supports HDMI inputs, so users can hook up to their existing 3D Blu-ray player, tablet, console system, PC, and even mobile phone (requires phone with HDMI output and required accessory cables). iWear is the most advanced mobile entertainment display to enter the consumer market to date. Combined with its fantastic audio, it is capable of displaying incredible 2D and 3D video.
Huge Home Theater Experience
Imagine having the equivalent of a home theatre’s 125” screen viewed at 10 feet in a device worn like a pair of headphones – that’s iWear. iWear supports HDMI inputs compatible with the latest 2D and 3D modes enabling the user to hook up to their mobile phone, tablet device, console system, PC or 3D Blu-ray player. Whether you want to enjoy the latest 2D or 3D movie or have an amazing portable or PC gaming experience, the iWear is perfect for both.
Dazzling 16:9 HD Displays
At the heart of iWear Video Headphones are a pair of dazzling 16:9 high-definition displays with a whopping 55-degree field of view – equivalent to a home theatre’s 125” screen viewed at 10 feet. With this field of view and its ~ 1 million colour pixels per eye, iWear has one of the highest pixel density images available. This provides crisp high resolution imagery with no “screen-door viewing effects”.
Lightweight and Compact
iWear is built with comfort in mind – delivering a premium lightweight, balanced, sleek and compact wearable design.
Integrated Tracker Provides an Immersive Viewing Experience
iWear Video Headphones also includes an integrated tracker that can take the system to the next level of immersion. iWear can track head orientation and movement when used with a PC. When the wearer’s head rotates, the image of the world matches that motion naturally in real-time. The end result is “see where you look” head tracking. Built around industry standards for Windows PCs, the user must first install our VR Manager software as found on this website and then, the iWear is ready to play with head tracking on supported applications. Features Wearable Mounting
Floating display design for minimal face contact and maximum comfort enables users to play games or watch videos for hours in complete comfort. Built with comfort in mind, the iWear is a balanced, sleek and compact premium lightweight, wearable video headphone. And the headphones are collapsible and fold up for compact portability.
Controls include on / off, EQ select, volume +/-, mic mute, 3D force, and brightness +/- for twin HD displays.
The iWear supports HDMI inputs compatible with the latest 2D and 3D operating modes enabling the user to hook up to their mobile phones, tablet devices, console systems, PCs, and 3D Blu-ray players.
Amazing audio with noise-isolation over ear design delivering crystal clear sound integrity with perfect pitch highs and a thundering base. Includes noise-cancelling microphones with mic mute for PC gaming.
Built-in rechargeable lithium battery provides 3 hours of continuous mobile use for video and over 10 hours for audio only. An ultra-thin HDMI cable connection supports continuous playing. USB port enables battery charging, and connection to battery pack and continuous power (required > 1 amp for continuous use).
• Built-in rechargeable lithium battery.
• Mobile operation with up to 3 hours’ continuous operation on internal battery.
• USB port for battery charging or external continuous power (> 1 amp required).
• USB microphone and audio support.
• Collapsible, folds up for compact portability.
• Immersive light-shield included.
• Features dual high-definition displays and fantastic audio.
• Supports HDMI inputs and is capable of displaying 2D and 3D video.
• Equivalent to watching a home theatre’s 125” screen viewed at 10 feet.
• Built with comfort in mind.
• Delivering a balanced, sleek, compact wearable design.
• Twin one million colour pixel HD displays (1280 x 720).
• Floating display design for minimal face contact and maximum comfort.
• 55º diagonal field of view in a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio.
• 24-bit true colour (16 million colours).
• 2D and 3D video support (Blu-ray, side-by-side, over-under, and frame packed).
• HDMI and USB connectors.
• Input resolutions: up to 1920 x 1080p.
• Thin single cable connection to iWear.
• Driver unit: 40 mm, PET diaphragm.
• Noise-isolating over the ear design.
• Frequency response: 5 – 25,000 Hz.
• Electronic equalization with presets.
Head Tracking* Specifications
• 3 Axis Gyro.
• 3 Axis Accelerometer.
• 3 Axis Magnetic Sensor (compass).
*Please note: Head Tracking for PC use only.
• iWear Video Headphones.
• Immersive light shield.
• AC charging adaptor.
• Quickstart, warranty and safety instructions (full manual by digital download).
Please note: Images for illustration purposes ONLY. Gamepad & Popcorn not included.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- 0871 472 4747
Date Issued: 23rd Jun 2017
Virtual reality is often cited as the next big thing in consumer technology, yet the concept seems outlandish and millions of us have absolutely no experience with VR devices, making it difficult to know exactly where to get started.