UAD-2 Satellite External QUAD DSP Core DSP Processor
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt QUAD DSP Core DSP Processor
By DPD On 19th Sep 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is proud to announce the new line of UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators, shipping early October.
Get the rich analog sound of UAD plug-ins over Thunderbolt
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerator is a sleek, powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to “supercharge” their systems and run larger mixes filled with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. This convenient desktop unit gives you full access to UA's award-winning plug-in library, including exclusive titles from Studer, Lexicon, Neve, and more. With improved performance and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt is a professional solution for UAD plug-ins, and an ideal DSP expander for Apollo audio interfaces.
• Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 connection on newer Macs
• 4 (QUAD) SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
• Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more
• Includes Analog Classics Plus bundle featuring Legacy editions of LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176 Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus 610-B Tube Preamp, and more
• Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
• Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on Thunderbolt-equipped Macs
• Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s) and Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces
• Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for convenient daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-Ins.
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins are integral tools for audio professionals. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — whether it's boutique compressors and EQs, or vintage reverbs and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
The Core package includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle, while Custom includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle, and a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The OCTO Ultimate is UA’s flagship package, and includes all 79 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v7.8.
UAD plug-in craftsmanship: The science behind the scenes.
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box." Features UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt Quad Core Specific Features
• QUAD model with 4 SHARC processors
• Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
• Includes Core Software package
• Package includes Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, featuring:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and Equalizer
- 1176LN/SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Tube Limiter (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA Precision Enhancer Hz
- CS-1 Precision Channel
- RealVerb Pro Room Modeler
• Compatible with VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX 64 plug-in formats
• Compatible with Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion and 10.9.x Mavericks
• Fan-free design for silent operation
• Fan-less Thunderbolt 2 external enclosure w/ external power supply
• Desktop dimensions: 7” wide x 6 3/4” long x 1 3/4” high (weight: 2.24 lbs)
• 4 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
• 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz sample rate support
|Computer Interface Type||Thunderbolt|
|Analogue Inputs (Total)|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)|
|Mic Preamps (Max)||0|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)||0|
|Sample Rate (Max)||192 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||0 dB|
|Dimensions (mm)||177.8 x 44.45 x 171.45 WxHxD|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- RTB Period:
- 12 months