UAD-2 Satellite USB QUAD Core by Universal Audio
• Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection
• SSL E Series Channel Strip
• UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection
Get the rich analog sound of UAD plug-ins over USB 3 on Windows.
The UAD-2 Satellite USB DSP Accelerator is a sleek, powerful way for Windows-based PC users to “supercharge” their systems and run larger mixes filled with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. This convenient desktop unit gives you full access to UA's award-winning plug-in library,
including exclusive titles from Studer, Lexicon, Neve, and more. With improved performance and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire, UAD-2 Satellite USB makes the perfect introduction to UAD plug-ins, or ideal DSP expander for Apollo Twin USB audio interfaces.
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-Ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins are integral tools for audio professionals. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — whether it's boutique compressors and EQs, or vintage reverbs and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages,
Expandable Processing Power, from QUAD to OCTO
UAD-2 Satellite USB is available in QUAD or OCTO models with either four or eight SHARC processors, respectively. It can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB desktop interface for truly scalable mixing power.
Available as Core, Custom, and Ultimate Software Packages
The Core package includes the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, while Custom includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle, and a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The OCTO Ultimate is UA’s flagship package, and includes all 83 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v8.4.
UAD Plug-In Craftsmanship: The Science Behind the Scenes
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box." Features • Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via USB 3 on PC's running Windows.
• Access over 100 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Marshall, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more.
• Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on USB 3-equipped Windows PC's.
• Available in QUAD and OCTO models w/ 4 or 8 SHARC processors.
• Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins.
• Available in Core, Custom & Ultimate packages.
• All packages include Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle: Featuring a solid lineup of classic compressors like the Legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus EQs like the Legacy Pultec EQP-1A and Pultec Pro, the Analog Classics Plus bundle is a well-rounded mixing toolkit. Innovative new plug-ins like the 610-B Tube Preamp offer authentic tube tone, while the Precision Enhancer Hz plug-in allows shaping your overall mixes. The Analog Classics Plus Bundle is included with the UAD-2 QUAD/OCTO PCIe cards, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD, and UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt QUAD/OCTO.
• Compatible with Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, and more (VST, RTAS, AAX 64).
• Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB.
• Supports Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-Bit Editions).
• Try before you buy with the 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins.
• Access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins Library/Online Store.
• Fan-free design for silent operation.
• Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 (64-Bit Editions).
• PC with available built-in USB 3 SuperSpeed port.
• Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor*.
• 6 gigabytes available storage.
• USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable (included).
• Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins.
• Compatible VST, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software.
Quad Core i7 or better recommended.
2-in-1 systems (notebook/tablet) not recommended.
• Fan-less USB 3.0 external enclosure w/ external power supply.
• Desktop dimensions: 7” wide x 6 3/4” long x 1 3/4” high (weight: 2.24 lbs).
• 4 or 8 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors.
• Compatible with VST, RTAS, and AAX 64 plug-in formats.
• 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz sample rate support (DAW dependent).
|Computer Interface Type||USB 3|
|Analogue Inputs (Total)|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)|
|Mic Preamps (Max)|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)|
|Sample Rate (Max)||192 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||n/a dB|
|Dimensions (mm)||178x44x171 WxHxD|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.