Ubiquiti NanoBeam AC Gen2 High Performance airMAX ac WiFi Bridge
Ubiquiti airMAX NBE-5AC-GEN2, NanoBeam AC Gen2 5GHz Wireless Bridge, 450Mbps+, 15+km Range, 19 dBi Aerial, PoE Powered
By DPD On 22nd Oct 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Incorporating innovative industrial design with proprietary airMAX® ac technology, the NanoBeam® AC is ideal for CPE deployments requiring maximum performance from the smallest possible footprint.
Improved Noise Immunity
The NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 directs RF energy in a tighter beamwidth. With the focus in one direction, the NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 blocks or spatially filters out noise, so noise immunity is improved. This feature is especially important in an area crowded with other RF signals of the same or similar frequency.
The radio and antenna are combined to create a more efficient and compact CPE. The NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 gets maximum gain out of the smallest footprint.
Providing high performance and an innovative form factor, the NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 is versatile and cost-effective to deploy.
airOS® 8 is the revolutionary operating system for Ubiquiti® airMAX ac products.
Powerful Wireless Features
• Access Point PtMP airMAX Mixed Mode.
• airMAX ac Protocol Support.
• Long-Range Point-to-Point (PtP) Link Mode.
• Selectable Channel Width:
- PtP: 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz.
- PtMP: 10/20/30/40 MHz.
• Automatic Channel Selection.
• Transmit Power Control: Automatic/Manual.
• Automatic Distance Selection (ACK Timing).
• Strongest WPA2 Security.
• airMagic® Channel Selection Tool.
• Redesigned User Interface.
• Dynamic Configuration Changes.
• Instant Input Validation.
• HTML5 Technology.
• Optimization for Mobile Devices.
• Detailed Device Statistics.
• Comprehensive Array of Diagnostic Tools, including RF Diagnostics and airView® Spectrum Analyzer.
Advanced RF Analytics
airMAX ac devices feature a multi-radio architecture to power a revolutionary RF analytics engine.
An independent processor on the PCBA powers a second, dedicated radio, which persistently analyses the full 5 GHz spectrum and every received symbol to provide you with the most advanced RF analytics in the industry.
airOS 8 displays the following RF information:
• Persistent RF Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) constellation diagrams.
• Signal, Noise, and Interference (SNI) diagrams.
• Carrier to Interference-plus-Noise Ratio (CINR) histograms.
airView allows you to identify noise signatures and plan your networks to minimize noise interference. airView performs the following functions:
• Constantly monitors environmental noise.
• Collects energy data points in real-time spectral views.
• Helps optimize channel selection, network design, and wireless performance.
airView runs in the background without disabling the wireless link, so there is no disruption to the network.
In airView, there are three spectral views, each of which represents different data: waveform, waterfall, and ambient noise level.
airView provides powerful spectrum analyzer functionality, eliminating the need to rent or purchase additional equipment for conducting site surveys.
The NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 integrates a separate Wi-Fi radio for fast and easy setup using your mobile device.
Accessing airOS via Wi-Fi
The U®Mobile App provides instant accessibility to the airOS configuration interface and can be downloaded from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play™ (Android). UMobile allows you to set up, configure, and manage the NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 and offers various configuration options once you're connected or logged in.
Unlike standard Wi-Fi protocol, Ubiquiti’s Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
This time slot method eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes airtime efficiency, so airMAX technology provides performance improvements in latency, noise immunity, scalability, and throughput compared to other outdoor systems in its class.
• Intelligent QoS: Priority assigned to voice/video for seamless streaming.
• Scalability: High capacity and scalability.
• Long Distance: Capable of high-speed, carrier-class links.
The next-generation airMAX ac technology boosts the advantages of our proprietary TDMA protocol.
Ubiquiti’s airMAX engine with custom IC dramatically improves TDMA latency and network scalability. The custom silicon provides hardware acceleration capabilities to the airMAX scheduler, to support the high data rates and dense modulation used in airMAX ac technology.
airMAX ac supports high data rates, which require dense modulation: 256QAM – a significant increase from 64QAM, which is used in airMAX.
With their use of proprietary airMAX ac technology, airMAX ac products supports up to 450+ Mbps real TCP/IP throughput – up to triple the throughput of standard airMAX products.
The NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 features airMAX ac technology and enhanced protection against ESD events.
Ease of Installation
• Quick Installation: No fasteners are required for pole-mounting, and a single wall fastener (not included) is required for wall-mounting.
• Convenient Alignment: The NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 pivots on its ball joint 3-axis mount for easy aiming.
Innovative Mechanical Design
• Efficient Footprint: The radio and antenna are combined into a single body that takes up minimal space. The form factor features the highest gain for its size.
• Aesthetics: The NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 is small enough to blend discreetly into the background at a customer's location.
• Versatile Mounting: The NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 can be mounted in almost any position needed for line of sight.
Multiple Mounting & Shield Accessories (Not Included, Available Separately)
• NanoBeam Wall Mount Kit NBE-WMK: A wall mount kit is available as an optional accessory to enhance stability for wall-mounting.*
• NanoBeam Window Mount NBE-19-WM: A suction cup mount is available as an optional accessory to mount the NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 on a window.*
• IsoBeam ISO-BEAM-19: An RF isolator shield is available as an optional accessory to enhance signal isolation. Features • Uniform Beamwidth Maximizes Noise Immunity.
• Dedicated Wi-Fi Radio for Management.
• airMAX ac Processor for Superior Performance.
• Capable of speed over 450Mbps**, and ranges in excess of 15km**.
• PoE Powered via Gigabit Ethernet Port.
• Includes 24V, 0.5A Gigabit PoE Adapter.
• For detailed specifications please the see the .pdf below:
*Not Included, Available Separately. **Depending on Environment & Conditions.
Please Note: Images are for Illustration Only
|Networking, Connectivity & Ports|
|Device Type||Wireless Access Point|
|Compatible Internet Connections|
|Network Ports||1 x RJ45 10/100/1000 (Gigabit) BaseT for LAN|
|Total LAN Connections|
|Total WAN Connections|
|64 Bytes L3 Forwarding Performance|
|512+ Bytes L3 Forwarding Performance|
|Wireless Transmitter Power||N/A|
|Internal RAM Memory||128MB|
|Internal RAM Memory Type||DDR2|
|Internal Flash Memory||8MB|
|Max. Power Consumption||8.5 W|
|Security & VPN|
|Dimensions||189 x 189 x 125 mm (WxHxD)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Home networking let’s you do great things that aren’t possible with standalone PCs. Printers can be shared between PC, so there’s no need to buy one for each machine.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Port forwarding is a technique you’ll need to use to enable certain services if you’re using a router. If you don’t really care how it works, you can skip this section and just find out how to do it.
Date Issued: 19th Jun 2008
WiFi is a wonderful thing. You can take your laptop anywhere in your house and access the Internet, or access your network from the garden. However, it does introduce the grim possibility of somebody else doing exactly the same, without you ever knowing. This guide seeks to make you aware of various security terms and ideas associated with wireless networking and what you should consider when setting up a wireless network.
Date Issued: 26th Oct 2006
As a growing number of homes contain more than one computer, their users must find ways to network them. The primary purpose for creating a home network tends to be to provide Internet access to all computers within the house. There are other good reasons, however. These include enabling LAN gaming, data backups from one machine to another and the sharing of music within the home.