Tascam SERIES 8p Dyna Mic Preamp
Tascam SERIES 8p Dyna 8-Channel Mic Preamp With Analogue Compressor
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Each microphone channel features individually switched +48V phantom power for use with condenser mics, and an easy-to-use, single-control analogue compressor with true bypass. A comprehensive display informs about signal levels, compression, overload and the current sampling rate.
Tascam has long been known for transparent, natural, ultra-low-noise preamps, and the eight excellent Tascam HDIA (High Definition Instrumentation Architecture) preamplifier circuits in the SERIES 8p Dyna are its best preamps yet: The noise level (EIN) is at –127 dBu, the THD is 0.0007%, the dynamic range is 116 dB, and the crosstalk attenuation is 119 dB. An easy-to-use, single-control analogue compressor with true bypass on each channel handles hot input signals and creates smooth audio input.
With two instrument/microphone combo inputs on the front panel, you can quickly plug in mics, guitars, bass and more. Six balanced mic/line inputs grace the rear. Every microphone input has individually switched +48V phantom power for using different types of microphones such as dynamic, condenser, ribbon and vintage for proper operation and safety. It adds up to a multi-purpose front end for recording and live sound.
Dual S/MUX optical outputs on the rear of the SERIES 8p Dyna enable you to use the unit as a front-end expander for S/MUX-equipped audio interfaces, such as Tascam’s SERIES 102i and 208i, and US-20x20. ADAT is also supported for compatibility with other devices. With two S/MUX outputs, you can send all eight SERIES 8p Dyna channels at up to 96 kHz (four channels at 176.4 kHz or 192 kHz) to expand your system’s capabilities with ease.
The SERIES 8p Dyna’s eight line-level analogue channel outputs are provided on both 6.3-mm balanced TRS connectors and a balanced 25-pin D-Sub connector. Route signals to interfaces, recording mixers, front-of-house consoles, and pretty much anything else. Connect its D-Sub outputs to a Tascam ML-16D or ML-32D Analogue-to-Dante converter, and it becomes a pristine front end for an audio-over-IP network.
From its high-end preamps to its versatile outputs, the SERIES 8p Dyna is a thoroughly professional product, right down to its rugged metal 1U rack-mount enclosure. Word clock input and output connectors with an In/Out/Thru switch enable proper synchronisation of digital signals. By using, for example, the Tascam CG-1000 Master Clock Generator as the clock source for your SERIES interface and mic preamp(s), you can create a highly accurate digital audio recording system that meets even the highest demands.
Front-panel overload indicators for analogue input signals, compression indicators, and easy-to-read peak and level meter bars let you monitor the unit’s performance. Yet the SERIES 8p Dyna is simple to operate so you can stay focused on the task at hand.
Features • Eight-channel microphone preamp with eight analogue outputs and multi-channel optical outputs
• Can be used as a standalone analogue mic preamp to expand any mixer or recording device
• Ideal to add studio-ready audio inputs to a Tascam SERIES 102i/208i or US-20x20 via a single cable
• Two S/MUX optical ports can output all eight channels up to a sampling rate of 96 kHz
• 8 outputs at 44.1/48 kHz
• 8 outputs at 88.2/96 kHz
• 4 outputs at 176.4/192 kHz
• Tascam HDIA mic preamps use instrumentation amplifiers and have outstanding specifications, enabling them to provide clear, natural sound with super-low noise
• Eight balanced XLR/TRS combo input jacks
• Channels 1–2 on the front can be used for guitars, basses and other instruments with high-impedance output
• 48V phantom power can be provided to each input channel independently
• Each input channel has its own single-knob analogue compressor with true bypass
• 25-pin D-sub and eight separate TRS analogue balanced outputs support a variety of connections with other analogue equipment
• Indicators for analogue overload, compressor and digital signals as well as level meters on the front panel
• Wordclock input and output (with THRU switch) for flexible audio clock synchronisation with other equipment
• AC adapter included (Tascam PS-P1230, with four exchangeable plug inserts)
|Frequency Response (Input)||N/A|
|Frequency Response (Output)||N/A|
|Maximum Input Level||N/A|
|Maximum Output Level|
|Model Number||SERIES 8p Dyna|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.