DR05 Tascam Handheld Audio Recorder
Tascam DR-05 24-bit/96kHz Digital Recorder with Omnidirectional Microphones - Version 2
By DPD On 19th Feb 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Everything about the DR-05 is designed to get the best quality recordings of your music. A new pair of built-in microphones withstands up to 125dB SPL – the volume of a jet plane from 200 feet away – yet still have the sensitivity to capture every detail of a performance. You can add your own microphone or line-level source through the 1/8” stereo input, including plug-in power for microphones that need it.
Internally, the DR-05’s digital and analog circuit boards are built separately to increase noise performance, with a low-impedance design to further decrease hiss. A separate power supply is sent to the A/D and D/A converter for even better audio performance. The result is clean sound quality – over 92dB signal to noise ratio, under 0.05% total harmonic distortion and 20Hz to 40kHz response (-1/+3dB) at 96kHz/24-bit resolution.
Simple to Operate
The layout of the DR-05 has been revamped to be quick and easy to work with one thumb. Operations like recording, adjusting levels, deleting bad takes and adding markers are just a button press away. Dig deeper to find features like limiting, low cut filtering, a built-in chromatic tuner and more.
One new feature that makes the DR-05 easy to operate is the new Peak Reduction feature. This setting automatically sets your recording level by listening to the input and adjusting for the best level. Unlike Auto Gain settings, this one only goes down to prevent accidental distortion after a period of low level like a break. Peak Recording works in rehearsal mode or in record, so if the performance is louder than the soundcheck you’re still safe. Used with the built-in limiter, it’s unlikely you’ll distort your career-making live recording.
Other classic TASCAM features are included, like Variable Speed Audition to loop and slow down music without changing the pitch – perfect for transcribing or learning new music. A Level Align function can be switched on for playback, to smooth out any sudden volume jumps, and a built-in speaker is also provided. The two AA batteries are enough to power the recorder for 17 1/2 hours, even while recording at CD quality.
For musicians and recordists at any stage of their career, there’s no easier way to get great-sounding recordings than TASCAM’s DR-05. Features • Stereo condenser microphones for lively, high-quality sound and high-resolution recording.
• Proven high sound pressure design for capturing loud sounds of up to 125dB SPL, making it ideal for loud band recordings.
• Peak reduction function that detects peaks and automatically sets the optimal level.
• Self timer recording function.
• Seamless gain control.
• Three low cut filter levels that cut unnecessary low frequency noise such as from air conditioning equipment(40/80/120Hz).
• Speed change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments), which is great for practicing music and language study.
• Level align feature that prevents uneven volume levels.
• Equalizer setting for adjusting playback sound quality.
• Divide/delete functions.
• Loop/repeat playback function that is convention for practicing music and studying languages.
• Resume function that retains the last stop position and starts playback from that position when power is turned back ON.
• Jump back and play that skips back a preset number of seconds during playback (1 to 10 sec in 1 sec increments, 10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec).
• QUICK menu button for easy access to various functions.
• High-quality 24-bit/96kHz WAV/BWF linear PCM recording and long recordings as MP3 files possible.
• microSD/microSDHC cards can be used as recording media.
• A 4GB microSD card is included. Up to 149 hours of recording is possible with the included card (MP3 at 32kbps).
• Mark function that can set up to 99 points for a single track Mark information can be utilized by BWF compatible software.
• Audio files created on computers can be played (Only in formats compatible with this product).
• Built-in monaural speaker with an output of 0.3W.
• Pre-recording buffer that can record up to 2 seconds prior to starting recording.
• When a predetermined maximum file size is reached, a new file is created to continue recording.
• Track increment creates new files at arbitrary locations during recording.
• File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date.
• The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely.
• Playlist function.
• A chromatic tuner is equipped which is helpful for practicing musical instruments.
• Stereo mini headphone jack for external stereo microphones (provides plug-in power) / External line input.
• Stereo mini headphone line output / Headphone output connector.
• 128×64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight.
• High-speed file transfer to a computer is possible using USB 2.0.
• Powered by 2 AA batteries, USB bus power, or optional AC adapter (PS-P515U).
• Mini USB cable included.
• Tripod attachment screw-hole built in to the unit.
|Computer Interface Type|
|Analogue Inputs (Total)|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)|
|Mic Preamps (Max)|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)|
|Sample Rate (Max)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.