With today’s multi-purposing work stations, where desk space is at a premium, having a fully featured panel that is compact, fully featured and stylish enough to match its surroundings is a must. But, you’d expect that having a compact design means having to compromise ergonomics, features and control size. With the Element range, there is no compromise!
Despite their small desk foot print, each Element offers full size controls which are ergonomically laid out, and best of all, there’s lots of them!Intuitive
When it comes to having lots of controls, one of the problems can be "just what does each control do?" This isn't the case with Element; every programmable control is clearly labelled, so if the function of the control changes, so does its display label – no more having to refer back to reference notes or on screen help. When Element panels are used with Tangent's Hub service* you can even customise the layout of the controls, making the panels even more intuitive.
*This requires the host application to support the Tangent Hub API and the Mapper option.Function and style
Apart from the size, the first thing you will notice about Element is the stylish, ultra slim design. Quality comes in the form of a solid aluminium, precision laser cut case. But it doesn’t end there; all the internal components have been carefully chosen for reliability. All rotary controls and trackerballs have optical pickups, which means they are long-life and high precision.
The buttons are ultra-reliable with a positive tactile response. The displays are crisp, high-contrast, high-resolution, easy to read, white OLEDs. When put side by side the panels magnetically lock together, keeping the layout neatly aligned.Cost effective
You would have thought that all this comes with a high price tag - not so with Element! Each Element is competitively priced, and because it’s modular in design you can pick and choose which components you need, targeting your funds where they’re needed most. And if your budget allows it, you can even add more of the same panel type to build your ultimate control surface.Strong support
Many of Tangent's software partners have released versions of their applications which support the Element panels. Please check their application list
for further details.Features4 panels in entire set:
• element-Tk: Trackerball (Included)
• element-Mf: Multifunction (Not Included, Sold Separately)
• element-Kb: Knob (Not Included, Sold Separately)
• element-Bt: Button (Not Included, Sold Separately)Modular design:
• User can pick and choose the panels they want.
• Expand set as required.
• Layout configurable to suit handedness, desk space and other equipment.
• More than one of each panel type may be added to layout.Ultra-slim all metal construction.Small desk footprint:
• Only 20cm (7.9”) deep.A set of 4 panels has a footprint of 77cm x 20cm (30.3” x 7.9”).Low profile: (all panels)
• 1.5cm (0.6”) front height. 4.5cm (1.8”) rear height, 8.0cm (3.1”) including displayEvery programmable control labelled:
• Soft label on high contrast, high resolution, OLED display.
• Provides value / feedback where appropriate.All new trackerball design:
• High resolution.
• Long life.
• Optical laser pickup.
• Third axis “ring” with smooth bearing.
• 4.6cm diameter ball, retaining ring for ball.
• Ball can be removed for cleaning.All new knob design:
• High resolution.
• Long life.
• Optical pickup.
• Built in “press to reset”.Full-size tactile buttonsUSB for communication and power:
• USB plug-and play (HID device therefore no drivers required).
• USB powered (no need for external power supply).
• Single USB cable to each panel. Panels magnetically lock together.A set of 4 panels provides the following controls:
• 24 x programmable buttons.
• 12 x programmable knobs.
• 4 x programmable trackerballs.
• Standard transport controls.
• 8 x additional buttons for SHIFT / ALT etc.Please note: element-Tk: Trackerball Panel Supplied ONLY.