The PEX2S5531P 2S1P PCI Express Card turns a PCI Express slot into two RS232 (DB9) serial ports and one Parallel port. The adapter card features a native PCI Express single chip design that allows you to take advantage of full PCI Express capability, providing improved speed and reliability while reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional serial cards which use a bridge chip design.
Compatible with a broad range of operating systems including Windows® 2000/XP/2003/Vista™/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64-bit), Linux Kernel 2.6.11 and up, and MAC OS 10.4, this 2 Port Serial 1 Port Parallel PCI-Express Card also features an optional low profile/half-height bracket that allows the card to be installed in virtually any computer case, regardless of the case form factor.
This product is a replacement for the PEX2S5521P card.
• Self-service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
• POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
• Bank teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads
• Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
• Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc.
• Two high speed RS232 serial ports with data transfer rate up to 460.8 Kbps
• One parallel port with data transfer rate up to 1.5 Mbps
• Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.0a
• 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
• Configurable in 5V, 12V, and RI (non-powered) modes.
• Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port
• Native single-chip, single lane PCI Express
• Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS/RTS and DSR/DTR
• Automated in-band flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as StarTech 2 Serial + 1 Parallel DP PCI-E RS-232 Serial Card, 2x RS232 serial ports with transfer rates upto 460.8Kbps . Please choose from the list below.