RS422/485 6ft USB Serial Cable Adapter
StarTech.com ICUSB422 6ft Professional RS422/485 USB Serial Cable Adapter w/ COM Retention
By DPD On 20th Jun 2018
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
The serial adapter is USB-powered, eliminating the aggravation of requiring an external power adapter. With COM port retention, assigned port settings are saved, so you can disconnect and reconnect the adapter with virtually no configuration required on the host computer.
The StarTech.com Advantage
• USB Powered - no power outlet required, and no cumbersome AC adapter to carry around.
• Supports high speed RS-422/RS-485 communication up to 921.6kbps; 400% faster than most USB to RS-232 adapters.
• COM retention saves the assigned port settings for the device, so disconnecting/reconnecting is hassle-free. Features • USB to Straight-Through RS422/485 Serial Adapter.
• Supported baud rates from 300bps to 921.6 Kbps.
• Being able to rename devices no matter how many are plugged in.
• Supports COM Port retention.
• Configurable port for RS422 or RS485 support.
• Supports RS-485 Auto Transceiver Turn Around by Unique Featured ATTA Hardware.
• Backwards compatible with USB 1.1.
• Integrated adapter and cable eliminates the need for additional cables.
• Two interface modes; 4 wire RS422(TxD+/-, RxD+/-), and 2 wire RS485 (DATA+, DATA-).
• 120 OHM terminator that can be Enabled/Disabled by DIP switch.
• Transmission Echo for RS485 collision detection.
• Ideal for connecting serial RS422/485 devices to notebooks or tablet PC’s through an available USB port.
• Perfect for controlling/diagnosing manufacturing machines(CNC, Process Control Equipment, Bar Code Scanners, Serial Printers).
• Security device control (key panels, cameras, card readers).
• Great for Industrial programmers looking to test new code with serial devices.
• Adapting and expanding POS systems.
• Communicating with test and monitoring equipment.
• Connect and program LED and Digital signage boards with serial communication ports.
• Bus Type: USB 2.0
• Chipset ID: FTDI - FT232RL
• Interface: Serial
• Port Style: Cable Adapters
• Ports: 1
• Data Bits: 7, 8
• FIFO: 256 Bytes
• Max Baud Rate: 921.6 Kbps
• Parity: Even, Odd, None
• Serial Protocol: RS-422/485
• Stop Bits: 1, 2
• Connector Type(s): 1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male
• External Ports: 1 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Male
• Microsoft WHQL Certified: Yes
• OS Compatibility:
- Windows® CE (4.2, 5.0, 6.0), XP Embedded, 98SE, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016
- Mac OS® 10.6 to 10.13
- Linux 2.4.x to 4.11.x LTS Versions only
• Humidity: 5~95% RH
• Operating Temperature : 0°C to 55°C (32°F to 131°F)
• Storage Temperature: -20°C to 85°C (-4°F to 185°F)
• Cable Length: 1.8 m [6 ft]
• Colour: Black
• Enclosure Type: Plastic
• Product Height: 22.1 mm [0.9 in]
• Product Length: 45 mm [1.8 in]
• Product Weight: 100 g [3.5 oz]
• Product Width: 41.5 mm [1.6 in]
• Shipping (Package) Weight: 0.2 kg [0.5 lb]
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 2nd Jul 2008
Serial ATA, or SATA, is a relatively new storage technology that is now being adopted in computers. It is the successor to Parallel ATA. SATA allows for faster transfers between the hard disk and the system, uses thinner cables and is easier to physically install
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.