Intel 16 Core Xeon Gold 5218 2nd Gen Scalable OEM Server/Workstation CPU/Processor
Intel Xeon Gold 5218, S 3647, Cascade Lake-SP, 16 Core, 32 Threads, 2.3GHz, 3.9GHz Turbo, 22MB Cache, 125W, OEM
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
- 48HR REPLACEMENT If you need to return this item, your replacement will be dispatched within 2 working days of your product arriving back at Scan. More info
It’s a new era of datacentric computing fuelled by cloud, 5G edge computing, and artificial intelligence. Intel has an unparalleled portfolio of leadership products optimized for the 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor that accelerate insights and business agility. The opportunities from server modernization are massive.
• Maximize the value of data with faster analytics.
• Deploy and scale AI workloads on a single architecture.
• Boost hybrid cloud scalability, performance, and efficiency.
Intel is delivering comprehensive and industry leading platform capabilities to address the broadest spectrum of data center workload demands. Now is the time to modernize core data center infrastructure and ultimately drive business transformation.
What’s New with the 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor?
• Improved Turbo Frequencies*, up to 4.4 GHz.
• Enhanced Memory Support:
- Support for Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory*.
- Enhanced DDR4 Performance Support*.
• AI Acceleration with Intel® Deep Learning Boost (VNNI).
• Intel® Security Essentials, a Built-In Foundation of Core Security Capabilities.
• Enhanced Intel® Infrastructure Management Technologies.
• Integrated Hardware-Based Security Mitigations.
The 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processor delivers compelling performance gains and TCO benefit for systems based on the Intel Xeon Silver and Intel Xeon Gold processors, creating a significant refresh opportunity. The original Intel Xeon Scalable platform delivered the biggest performance and TCO benefit for systems based on the Intel Xeon Platinum processor and continue to offer performance gains in the 2nd Generation as well.
Move Faster, Store More, Process Everything
Benefits of IT Modernization
Modernization is the first step to transforming IT from a cost center to a profit-driving engine for modern, data-driven businesses. Intel has a growing and differentiated portfolio of datacentric technologies designed for modern infrastructure that will accelerate a range of business-critical workloads and help drive faster value from data. This includes the 2nd Generation of Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors combined with Intel® Optane DC persistent memory.
• Decrease “Technical Debt”: Modernize legacy applications and infrastructure, lower TCO, improve efficiencies, and reduce unplanned downtime
• Improve Data Security: Trusted multilayer security and compliance is GDPR ready, delivers faster data recovery, and incorporates SDN for improved network security out to the edge.
• Easier Path to Hybrid Cloud with Human-Computer Interaction (HCI): Highly scalable performance with centralized management and orchestration enable agility with control for faster deployment of services.
• Support Expanding Workloads and DevOps: Get faster insights from data intensive workloads, speed time to market of new apps and services, and deliver self-service & Devfriendly tools.
2nd Gen vs 1st Gen
•Up to 4.4 GHz Intel® Turbo Boost Technology*.
• 2x System memory capacity.
• Up to 1.35x Enhanced Mainstream performance.
• Up to 36TB Intel® Optane DC Persistent*.
• Memory Up to DDR4 2993 MT/s* & 16GB DIMMS.
• Up to 11x AI Inference Performance Deep-Learning Intel® DL Boost.
• Mitigations for Side-Channel Analysis Methods.
• Encryption Accelerators - Intel® QuickAssist Technology.
• Intel® Security Libraries - Intel® Trusted Execution Techonology & Intel® Threat Detection.
Agility & Efficiency
• Intel® Speed Select Technology - Configurable core/frequency processor.
• Intel® Infrastructure Management Technologies - Industry-leading Intel® Virtualization Tech.
Intel® Deep Learning Boost
A Vector Neural Network Instruction (VNNI) for efficient AI/Deep Learning inference acceleration:
• Important for cloud service providers, enterprise, and communications service providers.
• Up to 3X Deep Learning throughput vs previous generation of Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
• Accelerates AI/Deep Learning workloads, including image classification, speech recognition, language translation, and object detection.
Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory*
• Extract more value from larger datasets than previously possible.
• Scale delivery of services and support more customers at a compelling TCO.
• Drive app innovation and explore new data-intensive use cases.
Intel® Speed Select
• Multiple CPU personalities based on workload/VM Needs.
• Improved server utilization in data center through SKU consolidation.
• Improved guaranteed per-core performance SLAs.
Important – Please Note: *Not all features are available on all skus. Features • 52xx Gold Xeon Scalable Processor.
• 2S-2UPI, 4S-2UPI Capability.
• Support for 6-Channel DDR4 @ 2666 MHz.
• Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory DIMM.
• Support for 16Gb-Based DDR4 DIMMs.
• 2x UPI Links @ 10.4GT/s.
• Intel Turbo Boost Technology.
• Intel Hyper-Threading Technology.
• Intel AVX-512 (1x 512-bit FMA).
• 48 Lanes PCIe Gen3.
• Advanced RAS.
*Step-up features from previous processor level (42xx Silver) are highlighted in Bold. Step-up features from previous 1st Gen. Scalable processors are Underlined.
|Model & Type|
|CPU Type||Intel Xeon Gold|
|Architecture||Cascade Lake-SP (Purley)|
|Manufacturing Process||14 nm|
|Cores & Clocks|
|No. of Cores||16 Core|
|No. of Threads||32|
|Core Ratio||23 x|
|Clock Speed||2.3 GHz|
|Turbo Speed||3.9 GHz|
|Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Speed||N/A|
|Unlocked Core Multiplier||No|
|Unlocked Full Range Base Clock (B-Clock)||No|
|UPI Links/Speed||2x UPI Links @ 10.4GT/s|
|Max. Memory Size||1024 GB|
|Max. Memory Speed||DDR4 - 2666|
|Max. Memory Channels||6 (Hex Channel)|
|Intel Optane Memory||No|
|Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory||Yes|
|Lanes & Features|
|Intel Deep Learning Boost Support||Yes|
|Scalability||Upto 4 Sockets/Processors|
|Node Controller Support||No|
|Features Integrated Graphics||No|
|Integrated Graphics Model/Type|
|iGPU Base Clock||N/A|
|iGPU Boost Clock||N/A|
|iGPU Max. Resolution|
|Intel® Smart Cache||N/A|
|Thermals & Package|
|Thermal Specification||87 °C|
|Heatsink/Cooler Included?||Not Included, Sold Separately|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.