Beryllium inverted dome tweeter
The inverted dome tweeter is a hallmark of Focal.
As a result of more than twenty years of development into a tweeter that could produce a high output, but without requiring high energy input and without increasing directivity. The introduction of the pure Beryllium dome, capable of covering 5 full octaves from 1,000 to 40,000Hz constitutes a new decisive advance regarding new audio formats. This tweeter capacity to reproduce high frequencies with unmatched speed and transparency. At first the pure Beryllium tweeter was only available on the very high-end digital speakers of the Focal Professional lines (SM8 & SM11), but is now featured on the new SM6 series, allowing an unprecedented price/performance ratio.
The “W” cone
Focal has been developing the technologies of composite sandwich cones for more than 15 years. The "W" process (Glass/Foam/Glass), used on the SM11, SM8 and SM6 lines, provides a true optimiza a true optimization of the frequency response by fine tuning of mass, rigidity and damping parameters. The balance between these 3 fundamental and often contradictory parameters is at the base of the outstanding sound neutrality of our speakers.
A custom designed amplification stage
Designing an amp to be integrated inside a speaker requires a very different set of rules than for a traditional amp. Speaker size and cooling concerns are often in contradiction with the high quality and high power requirements of a sonically transparent speaker. Our engineers used the BASH® technology to develop the bass/medium amplification circuit for the SM6 professional line of speakers. This was the only way to exploit the best of class AB style circuits (for exceptional quality) with a class D type yield, which is crucial when housing a 150W RMS circuit in such a small space (300W RMS for the Twin 6 and 350W RMS for the Sub6). A pure class AB circuit is sufficient to power the -less energy demanding- high frequency tweeter, allowing for an extremely wide bandwidth and exceptional accuracy.
• Frequency response 40Hz - 40kHz
• Maximum SPL 115dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
Inputs Type / Impedance
Electronically balanced / 10 kOhms
Adjustable, +4dBu or -10dBV
Bass - Midrange
150W rms, BASH® technology
150W rms, BASH® technology
100W rms, class AB
Power supply Local supply
• 230V (2A fuse)
• 115V (4A fuse)
• IEC inlet and detachable power cord
• User controls and indicators Input sensitivity selector
• Midrange driver selector (right/left)
• Adjustable tweeter and woofer levels by potentiometers
• On/off switch, voltage selector
• Light indicator Power On LED
• Woofer 2 x 6W4370B, 61/2" (16.5cm) Focal “W” composite sandwich cone drivers
• High frequency TB871, Focal Beryllium inverted dome tweeter
• Shielding Integral through cancellation magnets / cans or by magnet design
• Construction 19mm MDF panels
• Finish Dark red natural veneering side panels, black body
• Dimensions (HxLxD) 250mm x 500mm x 340mm
• Weight 14kg
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as Focal Twin 6 BE active nearfield monitor, Beryllium inverted dome tweeter, "W process" composite cone, Red . Please choose from the list below.