Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" WQHD 165Hz IPS G-Sync 2K Gaming Monitor
There are 9 people viewing this productDelivery options £11.50 By DPD On 12th Dec 2016 DPD Delivered to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window. Free Collect Instore Q-Collect Place your order online and collect from our Bolton store with Q-Collect. Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Republic of Gamers releases the ROG Swift PG279Q Gaming Monitor – the world’s 1st 2K/WQHD 2560x1440 IPS G-SYNC™ monitor with incredibly-fast 165Hz refresh rate specifically designed for gamers. An exclusive dedicated TURBO hotkey for instant refresh rate switch, and the GamePlus and GameVisual functions for better game experience.
Featuring the NVIDIA G-SYNC™ Technology that eliminates screen tearing and minimizes display stutter and input lag to deliver the smoothest, fastest, and most breathtaking gaming experience possible. The ROG Swift PG279Q delivers a stunning visual experience and a serious competitive edge. Every game looks, plays, and feels the way it should—every time.
Along with full tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustments and a super narrow bezel design ideal for seamless surround setup, the ROG Swift PG279Q is stylishly designed with ROG elements to deliver an exceptional gaming experience.
Ultra-smooth Actions, True-to-life Gaming Experience
• Fast 165Hz refresh rate plus NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ technology for ultra-smooth performance.
• 27-inch IPS panel with 2K/WQHD 2560 x 1440 resolution, Superb 1000:1 contrast ratio, and 350 cd/m² of brightness to see the details.
• Built-in 2-Watt stereo speakers for an immersive audio experience.
ASUS Exclusive Innovations
• 5-way navigation joystick for intuitive OSD setting.
• Exclusive GamePlus (Timer/Crosshair/FPS Counter) & 60-120-165Hz Turbo hotkey function delicately designed for every gaming needs.
• Mysterious base pattern with the illuminated LED Light-in-motion.
User-friendly Design with Rich Connectivity
• Along with a DisplayPort and a HDMI for WQHD content support, plus 2x USB 3.0 ports.
• Super-narrow bezel for seamless surround set-up.
• Ergonomic design with tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustment VESA-mount compatible. Features • 27-inch, 2560 x 1440 2K/WQHD resolution IPS panel with Superb 1000:1 contrast ratio, and 350 cd/m² of brightness.
• Incredibly-fast 165Hz refresh rate plus NVIDIA G-SYNC technology.
• Super-narrow bezel design for seamless multi-display setups.
• Ergonomic Design with full tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustment. VESA-mount compatible.
• ASUS-exclusive 5-way OSD navigation joystick, GamePlus and 60-120-165Hz Turbo hotkey for an in-game advantage.
• Features a signature and mysterious base pattern with the illuminated LED light-in-motion on the chassis for ROG brand synergy.
• Smart Cable Management.
|Edition||ROG SWIFT PG279Q|
|Adaptive Frame-rate Technology||NVIDIA G-Sync|
|Response Time||4 ms|
|Viewing Angle||178/178 (°H/°V)|
|Color Gamut||100% sRGB color gamut|
|Color Bit Depth||8-Bit (16.7M Colors)|
|Speaker Configuration||2W x2, Stereo, RMS|
|Power Usage (Switched on)||90 W|
|VESA||100 x 100|
|Dimensions (with stand)||619.77 x 552.53 x 237.9 mm (WxHxD)|
|Dimensions (without stand)||619.77 x 362.96 x 65.98 mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight (with Stand)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- 01442 265548
Date Issued: 15th May 2015
Choosing a monitor is not an easy decision to make, and not just because of the large number of variations in resolution, refresh rates, sizes and connectivity options. There are also varying panel technologies used to form each display that need to be considered. These panel technologies can be grouped into three broad categories which cover the vast majority of monitors sold in the consumer market.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Yes this includes a display port cable.
Are you able to take the monitor off it's default stand and put it on another? Such as mounting it on a ScanFX TS633E.
Yes this has as VESA mount.
in the manual (which was on DVD) are basic instructions about unscrewing the stand for wall mounting.
Mine is still on its stand but on looking it appears there are just a couple of screws to undo to release the stand.
I noticed this one is IPS as well, unlike the other ASUS ROG model on Scan. Is it worth the £200 extra? The 4K one seems to be the same price, also. (Although, it is only 60Hz and 4ms.)
I definitely want a G-Sync monitor and I have heard the ASUS ROG swift series is up there with the best. Its just a quest of which one to go with.
This is a very popular monitor and is widely considered to be the best gaming monitor out there. You can see a video review of the monitor here -
I don't think it is 3d, but to be fair, you're probably better waiting for the Rift or other VR headsets if you want that kind of experience.
The TN panel is 3D.
I've bought the IPS 1440p and trust me it is perfect.
Unless you have 2 980TI's for 4k, you'd be best with the 1440p to be closer to that 165hz refresh rate.
but gsync is the most amazing thing you have to see it to believe it really impressive. 10 out 10 would do again. Lol
Will Scan/Asus replace it for even 1 bad pixel or does there have to be a minimum amount?
you need a gtx 980 to see this product sing or wait until pascal to launch I am x have gtx 780 currently.