The SilentWings 2 fan family provides the greatest airflow-to-noise ratio and highest reliability on the market. Key to these fans’ unrivalled and uncompromising performance are a unique airflow-optimized fan blade design, custom anti-vibration mounts, and a high-tech fluid dynamic bearing with copper core that greatly reduces noise and imparts super-long life. Through this advanced technology these fans achieve virtually silent operation without sacrificing airflow, and so offer the perfect balance between superior cooling and serenity.
The newest member of the family, SilentWings 2 PWM, adds variable-speed capability to this formidable combination of features and abilities. Just connect one to the PWM header on your mainboard or fan controller to achieve fine control over the fan speed and noise profile.
The SilentWings 2 PWM 120mm model is the most common large fan size we make that combines all of the above class-leading features, plus truly significant airflow, at noise levels down to a virtually silent 16.5 dB(A). Features • Unique airflow-optimized fan blade design reduces noise-generating fan turbulence.
• Advanced fluid dynamic bearing providing for greatly reduced operating noise.
• Improved modular vibration damping mounts and rubberized frame help prevent transmission of vibration to computer case and its components.
• Option for direct hard mount when preferred.
• Advanced high quality IC motor controller reduces electrical noise.
Variable Speed Function
Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) allows compatible 4-pin controllers (including those built into many motherboards) to intelligently vary the speed (and thus the noise level) of the fan. With PWM your system can ramp up the cooling when it’s needed, or operate in maximum quiet mode when it’s not.
• Advanced fluid dynamic bearing (FDB) with industrial grade lubricant eliminates direct contact between rotor and frame, resulting in extremely low noise levels.
• The FDB has a copper core that conducts heat away from the bearing more effectively, enabling super-long fan life of up to 300,000 hours.
• Dynamically balanced fan blades enhance reliability and result in maximum operating silence.
• German product conception, design and quality control.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- be quiet!
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
The modern PC is potentially a mass of heat output and heat production hot spots. With CPUs rated at more than 100W of heat output, single graphics boards carrying similar ratings (and people want to run two!), multiple hard drives the norm, lots of memory and mainboards covered in heatpipes to combat toasty core logic and PWM circuits, a PC appreciably warming up a room when it’s working hard is no joke.
Date Issued: 19th Jun 2008
Watercooling for the PC has been around for years in some form or another, for at least as long as Scan have been in business, with basic physics defining why you want to use it. That means for air cooling, to cope with increasing temperature in the heatsink you need to move the air across it faster. That is why thermostatically controlled fans in your PC will turn faster the hotter something gets.
Date Issued: 5th Mar 2007
Anybody who has been near their share of computer systems will appreciate that not all systems make the same amount of noise. There are a number of reasons for why this is so. Firstly, a computer makes noise for different reasons. Generally, anything mechanical is going to make noise.