Synology RS3618xs 12 Bay 2U RackStation NAS
12 Bay Synology 2U RackStation NAS RS3618xs 2.5"/3.5" SATA, Rackmount, Xeon 1521 2.4GHz CPU, 8GB ECC RAM, 4 x 1GbE
By DPD On 21st Nov 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
for large-scale enterprises with demanding business applications. RS3618xs simplifies data management,
optimizes virtualization environments, and rapidly expands storage capacity with minimal time investment
in setup and maintenance. Synology RS3618xs is backed by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty.
High-speed Scalable Storage Server
Synology RS3618xs is a 2U 12-bay rackmount network-attached storage solution equipped with a quad-core processor and 8GB DDR4 memory (expandable up to64GB), meeting the needs for large-scale businesses.
With 10GbE Link Aggregation enabled, RS3618xs delivers great performance at over 3,900 MB/s sequential reading throughput and 143,500 iSCSI random IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration.
Encrypted data throughput can reach over 2,300 MB/s in reading and 1,177 MB/s in writing.
RS3618xs provides great flexibility to easily scale up to 36 drives when connected to two Synology RX1217 or RX1217RP2 expansion units.
Storage capacity can be expanded according to your business needs with minimal effort.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS3618xs introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
• Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups in a minimum 5-minute interval without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
• File or folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control over all user accounts and shared folders.
• File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, 10 and RAID F1.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS3618xs comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale businesses:
• Windows® AD and LDAP support allows easy integration with existing business directory services without recreating user accounts.
• Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS3618xs to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
• Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer, Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security.
• Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on eachindividual account, user group, or IP address.
• MailPlus allows your business to set up a secure, reliable, and private mail server while giving your employees a modern mail client for receiving and sending messages.
• Effortless Virtualization Environment Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface. VMware vSphere™ 6.5 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency.
• Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates, while OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
• Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager adds unlimited capabilities to your NAS. Set up and run various virtual machines, including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM so that you can test new software
versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers machines, and increase the flexibility of your RS3618xs with reduced hardware deployment and maintenance costs.
• Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) is a web-based operating system tailor-made for every Synology NAS. Featuring an intuitive multitasking user
interface, DSM provides simple desktop-like experience to minimize effort in exploring and managing your Synology NAS.
• The built-in Package Center allows you to download and install a variety of packages designed specifically for your unique needs, ranging from file backup, virtualization, productivity, safeguard
security and utilities.controls over your RS3618xs, helping you maximize productivity and make the best out of your digital assets. All will happen with just a few clicks.
Features • Reliable centralized storage solution for large scale businesses
• Quad-core CPU with AES-NI and 8GB (up to 64GB) DDR4 ECC UDIMM
• Ultra-high performance of over 3,900 MB/s sequential reading and 143,500 iSCSI random read IOPS, capable ofinstalling optional 10GbE/40GbE NICs
• Scalable up to 36 drives with Synology RX1217/RX1217RP2
• Complete virtualization solution with Synology Virtual Machine Manager
• Dynamic iSCSI/NFS storage for VMware, Windows Hyper-V, Citrix, and OpenStack
• Backed by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty & Synology Replacement Service (SRS)3
|NAS Form Factor||2U Rackmount|
|Total Storage Included||N/A|
|Type of Drives Included|
|Edition of Drives Included|
|Capacity of Drives Included|
|Max. Storage Capacity|
|Drive Interface Support||12 x SATA III - 6Gb/s|
|Drive Form Factor Support||12 x 2.5"/3.5"|
|Internal Flash Memory||No|
|Internal Flash Memory Capacity|
|CPU Type||Intel Xeon|
|CPU Model||Xeon D-1521|
|CPU Cores||Quad Core|
|CPU Speed||2.4 GHz|
|RAM Memory Included||8GB (1x8GB)|
|RAM Memory Type||DDR4 ECC|
|Max. RAM Memory Supported||64GB|
|Cache Drive Interface|
|Included Cache Drive Capacity|
|Included Cache Drive Type|
|Max. Power Consumption|
|Dimensions||430.5 x 88 x 692 (WxHxD mm)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
- +44 (0)1908 274659