Pro speakers are designed to provide a flat frequency response to ensure the audio signal is reproduced as accurately as possible. Depending on the listening environment studio monitors are optimized depending on the listening distance. Nearfield, typical of small studios/home studios and mid/far for bigger spaces where the stereo field will be much wider.
Speakers can be either powered or passive. Powered monitors (active monitors) have the power amp built into the cabinet whereas a passive monitor requires a separate amp to drive them. They come in several form factors, the most common being two-way configurations where a tweeter provides the high frequencies, and a low-mid-range speaker (woofer) which provides the mid-low frequencies, all of which are housed in a cabinet. Generally speaking, a bigger woofer will provide a better bass response.
- Yamaha - HS5, 70W Powered 2-way Studio Monitor with 5" Woofer and 1" Tweeter, Single, White£133.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Yamaha - HS7, 95W Powered 2-way Studio Monitor with 6.5" Woofer and 1" Tweeter, Single, White£169.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Avantone Pro - Gauss 7" Active Studio Reference Monitors, 7" Woofer and AMT Tweeter - Pair£699.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Yamaha HS8 2-Way 8" Bi-Amped Powered Nearfield Monitor (Single) WhiteWas: £225.00£220.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Yamaha - HS8S, 150W Powered Studio Subwoofer with 8" Speaker, Balanced XLR Inputs and Outputs, Balanced TRS Inputs£389.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKETDue 15th Nov