Pro speakers are designed to provide a flat frequency response to ensure the audio signal is reproduced as accurately as possible. Depending on the listening environment studio monitors are optimized depending on the listening distance. Nearfield, typical of small studios/home studios and mid/far for bigger spaces where the stereo field will be much wider.
Speakers can be either powered or passive. Powered monitors (active monitors) have the power amp built into the cabinet whereas a passive monitor requires a separate amp to drive them. They come in several form factors, the most common being two-way configurations where a tweeter provides the high frequencies, and a low-mid-range speaker (woofer) which provides the mid-low frequencies, all of which are housed in a cabinet. Generally speaking, a bigger woofer will provide a better bass response.
- (Open Box) Mackie CR4-XBT Multimedia Monitors with Bluetooth, 50 Watts, 4" Woofer, 0.75" Tweeter, Volume Knob,£123.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKETPre order
- KALI - 'IN-5' 5" 3-Way Powered Studio Monitors, IsoAcoustics ISO155 Stands, Stagg Leads£630.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- HEDD - 'Type 20' MK2 (Pair) Black - 3 way Studio Monitors + Win HEDDphones in June & July£3,622.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
There are some products that fit perfectly alongside Monitor Speakers, and we've taken some of those and turned them in to 'Bundles'. These bundles are designed to be cheaper than if you bought the items seperately...
- HEDD - Type 20 MK2 (Pair) & Zaor MIZA V-Stand 42 (Pair) + Win HEDDphones in June & July at Scan£3,649.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Studio subwoofers are designed to compliment your monitoring setup. It is often advisable to match your subwoofer to you main monitoring setup, to ensure the smoothest frequency response and most accurate listening enviroment.
- Neumann - KH 750 AES67, 10" Powered Studio Subwoofer, 256W Powered Studio Subwoofer with 10" Driver and DSP£1,495.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKETPre order