Whether you need a Microphone for Recording in the Studio or for Performing Live, we have a large selection of Mics to suit your needs.
As a rule, Dynamic mics are best suited to Live performance, whilst Condensers and Ribbon mics tend to be found in the studio environment.
Either way, we stock the big brand names like RODE, AUDIO TECHNICA, SENNHEISER, sE ELECTRONICS, AKG, ASTON and many more.
Condenser (or Capacitor) microphones are fantastic for detailed recording work. When using them for vocal recording, think about if you need a pop filter (to stop plosives) or a reflection shield to minimise room noise on recordings and produce a clearer result. All condenser microphones need a power supply from somewhere, either battery or 48V Phantom Power from a desk or interface.
- RODE NT1-A Vocal Pack 1" cardioid condenser microphone, Shock Mount, Pop Shield, 20' Cable, Dust Cover£132.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
We have a full range of wireless microphones alongside sets that include belt packs, lapel microphones, guitar cables and headsets. It's possible to pick exactly the hardware you need, no matter what you need to record.
- Sennheiser XSW 2-835-GB Wireless True Diversity Dynamic Microphone System, LCD Display, 80-14,000 HzWas: £369.00£208.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Sennheiser XSW 2-ME2-GB All-in-one Wireless System for Public Speakers & Presenters, Rackmountable, 12 ChannelsWas: £369.00£208.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Wireless video mics differ from the usual wireless microphones, as the reciever can be battery powered and is normally mounted on a camera cold shoe.
- Rode Newsshooter Kit Digital Wireless System for News Gathering and Reporting, 100m Range, 2.4 GHz, 112 dB£319.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Microphone pre-amplifiers convert the signal from the microphone into a line level signal, SP/DIF digital or USB format. The use of a good preamp with a good condenser or ribbon microphone can produce some very accurate and detailed results.
- PreSonus TubePRE V2 Mono Tube Preamp with XMAX preamps£98.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
'Mic accessories' covers a broad range of equipment that allows filmmakers to adapt to the challenges of recording in the field. Purchasing a quality video mic is only the first step if our aim is to gather clean audio at source. To mitigate extraneous noise from wind, handling and cables, you may also need a high quality pistol grip, on-camera shock mount, mic stand/boom pole with cable clips and high quality balanced XLR leads. Speak to our team of experts for advice on the best solution for your workflow. Scan Pro Video are here to help.
- Zoom Q4 RJQ-4 Water resistant silicone jacket and water resistant hairy windscreen£27.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- RODE WS6 Deluxe Windshield for NTG1 & NTG2 Microphones£36.00£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Gitzo GB2551 Telescopic Carbon Fibre Boom, Ultra-Lightweight, 0.61KG, Smart Cable Handling, G-Lock UltraRRP: £299.99£240.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET