Whether you need a Microphone for Recording in the Studio or for Performing Live, we have a large selection of Mics to suit your needs.
As a rule, Dynamic mics are best suited to Live performance, whilst Condensers and Ribbon mics tend to be found in the studio environment.
Either way, we stock the big brand names like RODE, AUDIO TECHNICA, SENNHEISER, sE ELECTRONICS, AKG, ASTON and many more.
- sE Electronics sE4 Small Diaphragm Instrument Mic Accepts Interchangeable Capsules£156.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- sE Electronics sE RN17 Rupert Neve Small Diaphragm Instrument Microphone£480.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Condenser (or Capacitor) microphones are fantastic for detailed recording work. When using them for vocal recording, think about if you need a pop filter (to stop plosives) or a reflection shield to minimise room noise on recordings and produce a clearer result. All condenser microphones need a power supply from somewhere, either battery or 48V Phantom Power from a desk or interface.
- RODE NT1-A Vocal Pack 1" cardioid condenser microphone, Shock Mount, Pop Shield, 20' Cable, Dust Cover£126.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- AKG C414-XLS Condenser Mic with Nine Selectable Pickup Patterns£586.80FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
iOS microphones can be used to record sound directly into your device. These can turn your device into an improtu professional pocket field recorder, with many broadcasters issuing this type of microphone to staff member , so that they are able to capture high quality sound for news stories.
USB Mics include a digital converter, most dont have conventional XLR sockets, but provide an easy way of recording vocals into your computer. Fantastic for recording speech and voiceovers.
These microphones are designed to work with video cameras to capture broadcast-quality sound. Condenser microphones are small, which makes them perfect for recording in challenging spaces, and we have larger units for more open sets.
Wireless video mics differ from the usual wireless microphones, as the receiver can be battery powered and is normally mounted on a camera cold shoe.
- Rode Newsshooter Kit Digital Wireless System for News Gathering and Reporting, 100m Range, 2.4 GHz, 112 dB£318.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Sennheiser EW 135-P G3-A Vocal System with Handheld Transmitter, 835 Dynamic Cardioid Head and Diversity Camera Receiver£478.80FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Microphone pre-amplifiers convert the signal from the microphone into a line level signal, SP/DIF digital or USB format. The use of a good preamp with a good condenser or ribbon microphone can produce some very accurate and detailed results.
- PreSonus TubePRE V2 Mono Tube Preamp with XMAX preamps£98.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
'Mic accessories' covers a broad range of equipment that allows filmmakers to adapt to the challenges of recording in the field. Purchasing a quality video mic is only the first step if our aim is to gather clean audio at source. To mitigate extraneous noise from wind, handling and cables, you may also need a high quality pistol grip, on-camera shock mount, mic stand/boom pole with cable clips and high quality balanced XLR leads. Speak to our team of experts for advice on the best solution for your workflow. Scan Pro Video are here to help.
- Zoom Q4 RJQ-4 Water resistant silicone jacket and water resistant hairy windscreen£27.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- RODE WS6 Deluxe Windshield for NTG1 & NTG2 Microphones£36.00£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Gitzo GB2551 Telescopic Carbon Fibre Boom, Ultra-Lightweight, 0.61KG, Smart Cable Handling, G-Lock Ultra£240.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY