Whether you need a Microphone for Recording in the Studio or for Performing Live, we have a large selection of Mics to suit your needs.
As a rule, Dynamic mics are best suited to Live performance, whilst Condensers and Ribbon mics tend to be found in the studio environment.
Either way, we stock the big brand names like RODE, AUDIO TECHNICA, SENNHEISER, sE ELECTRONICS, AKG, ASTON and many more.
Condenser (or Capacitor) microphones are fantastic for detailed recording work. When using them for vocal recording, think about if you need a pop filter (to stop plosives) or a reflection shield to minimise room noise on recordings and produce a clearer result. All condenser microphones need a power supply from somewhere, either battery or 48V Phantom Power from a desk or interface.
- sE Electronics sE X1 Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone£60.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- RODE NT1-A Vocal Pack 1" cardioid condenser microphone, Shock Mount, Pop Shield, 20' Cable, Dust CoverWas: £135.00£129.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- sE Electronics sE4 Small Diaphragm Instrument Mic Accepts Interchangeable CapsulesWas: £168.00£160.80FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- sE Electronics sE4400a Large Diaphragm Multi Pattern Condenser MicrophoneWas: £439.00£323.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
We have a full range of wireless microphones alongside sets that include belt packs, lapel microphones, guitar cables and headsets. It's possible to pick exactly the hardware you need, no matter what you need to record.
- LD Systems WS 1000 Series Wireless Microphone System with Condenser Handheld Microphone (X-Version)£176.35FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Sennheiser XSW 1-908-GB Easy to Use All-In-One Wireless Cardioid Condenser Microphone System for Brass InstrumentsWas: £329.00£289.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Wireless video mics differ from the usual wireless microphones, as the reciever can be battery powered and is normally mounted on a camera cold shoe.
- Rode Newsshooter Kit Digital Wireless System for News Gathering and Reporting, 100m Range, 2.4 GHz, 112 dB£369.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Microphone pre-amplifiers convert the signal from the microphone into a line level signal, SP/DIF digital or USB format. The use of a good preamp with a good condenser or ribbon microphone can produce some very accurate and detailed results.
- PreSonus TubePRE V2 Mono Tube Preamp with XMAX preamps£129.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET