Guitar Pedals & Effects
You’d think it would be enough that a guitarist found his perfect guitar and amp rig, but no, they still want to mess with their tone! And what better way than with a wide variety of effects from companies like BOSS, XVIVE, VALETON, CKK, FRIEDMAN, ONE CONTROL, VOODOO LABS, CARL MARTIN, PROVIDENCE, WAY HUGE, WAMPLER and many more…
In its simplist explanation a compressor makes the quiet parts of the signal louder and the louder parts quieter delivering a more consistant loudness. Can have the most subtle of effect through to the very obvious "snap". A compressor can also increase sustain and provide extra gain to push the front of your amp.
From mild soft clipping overdrives, to germanium based fuzz circuits, to all out hard clipping high gain, these pedals give you the drive to suit your taste.
If you're thinking of featuring a pedal in your set-up, or maybe even two or more, the chances are you're going to need some bits and pieces to help you get it all together…. We have connectors, extenders, fasteners, in fact pretty much everything you should need to get your sounds in order….
- BOSS PCS-20A Parallel DC Cord, Daisy Chain Cable for Pedals£13.00£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 7m Boss BCK-24 Pedal Board Cable Kit, 24 Connectors, Gold Plated Contacts, Solderless Technology£89.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Boost pedals allow you make your sound "bigger" by adding more gain to your signal before it hits the input on your amp. They're typically used to help a solo cut through or to obtain a natural overdrive from your amp.
- Tsakalis Hubble Mosfet Booster - from 0db to +20db£90.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
A looper pedal will record as you play and then at the press of the switch loop the part you have just played allowing you to play over the top of the loop.Build up layer after layer or use it to create a backing to solo over. An ideal tool for solo singer song writers who want to build a "live" backing track to sing and play over.
- MXR Clone Looper M303 - Looper Pedal with up to 6 minutes of recording time£160.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
The harmoniser can be as simple as adding one note an octave above or below as in the octaver through to adding the major or minor third and beyond.
- Tsakalis Galactic Multi modulation pedal - w/5 basic modulation effects£210.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
A place for those pedals that don't quite fit in to any particular catagory.
Multi effects units combine all the common effects and some uncommon ones into one box usually with a range of switches allowing you for example to create different patches allowing you to go from a clean sound with chorus straight into a high gain lead patch with delay with the press of a button. Infinite sounds in a compact package, the swiss army knife of guitar effects.
Reverb pedals modify the signal in such a way that you can replicate playing in different sonic spaces. Delay pedals allow you to repeat your sound at pre-determined intervals after you've played it. Both effects whether used independently or together can add warmth and depth to your tone. Reverb and delay pedals are collectively known as time-based effects and are typically positioned at the end of your signal chain.
- MXR Carbon Copy Mini- Bright switch + Internal trimpots£155.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- KMA Audio Machines Cirrus Delay and Reverb pedal with Tap Tempo and modulation£185.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
The oldest guitar effect. The first stand alone effects unit outside of reverb was tremolo produced back in 1948. The effect creates a rapid variation in volume of the output of your guitar, "Gimme Shelter" is the perfect explanation.
- Tsakalis Audio Works Tremmatic Optical Tremolo - True Bypass - 1 Speed Control (3Hz to 13Hz)£145.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
One of the classic guitar effects of all time. The pedal creates a vocal like sound by sweeping through the frequency range of your guitar. Most commonly controlled with the foot allowing you to work in real time and sequence the effect to what you are playing. Some pedals over an auto function allowing you to switch on and off a preset wah effect. Here you will also find envelope filters. This pedal reacts to how hard you play, play hard and you get a treble boost and as the signal drops the boost dies away, the ultimate funk tool.
- Source Audio One Series Spectrum Intelligent Stereo Filter -£209.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET