USB-based pendrives are portable-storage devices that contain flash memory for the ultimate in personal data storage. Today however, these pendrives are around half the size of a pen, or less. They feature USB connectivity for a direct connection to any system with a USB port. Most feature a ring attachment point for your keyring/lanyard strap. Advanced features on some include weather resistant construction, encryption/security and a capless design. Premium pendrives can offer capacities of up to 1TB and super-speedy transfers thanks to USB 3.1 Gen 2 support. Often these drives can sustain over 250MB/s transfer speeds when reading and writing large files.
The latest revision of the USB standard, version 3.1, doubles the theoretical speed from 5Gbit/s or 625MB/sec to 10Gbit/s or 1,250MB/sec, meaning much quicker data transfers when copying files to and from a USB device such as a pendrive. USB 3.1 devices are backwards compatible with USB 3 and USB 2 ports, but you'll need a motherboard or add-in card that supports USB 3.1 to get the full advantage of the new standard.
- 16GB Verbatim Store'n'Go Drive, Apple Lightning to USB A USB3.0, Transfer files from/back up your USB equipped PCWas: £13.49£11.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
USB 3.0 offers up to 5Gbps transfer speeds, along with being backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports. These compact USB Flash Drives / Pen Drives / Memory Sticks are the ultimate in personal data storage. Look out for advanced features such as a ring attachment point for a keyring/lanyard, weather resistant construction, encryption/security and capless design.
- 128GB Verbatim 49189 Store 'n' Go V3, USB 3.0, 256-bit AES, Write 100MB/s, Read 35MB/s PC/MACWas: £12.59£9.59£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 32GB PNY Attaché 4, USB 3.0 Flash Drive, Read 80MB/s White£4.79£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Otherwise known as a USB Stick or USB Flash Drive. These compact solid state data pen drives are the ultimate in personal data storage. Look out for advanced features such as a ring attachment point for a keyring/lanyard, weather resistant construction, encryption/security and capless design.
- 3 Pack - 32GB Sandisk Cruzer Glide USB2.0 Flash Drive with SecureAccess 128-bit AES Software Pink/Blue/GreenWas: £11.99£9.59£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- PQi My Lockey Fingerprint Security Nano Dongle, USB 2.0, Ultra-Compact, FIDO Certified UAF Windows Hello ReadyWas: £23.99£19.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 32GB iStorage datAshur Personal 256-bit Encrypted AEX-XTS USB2.0 Flash Drive BlueWas: £34.99£28.99FREE DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM
USB dongles help secure your PC or laptop, preventing unauthorised access. They combine hardware-based authentication, public key cryptography to prevent unauthorised users from accessing compatible software and websites.