Motherboards - Intel
The motherboard is the central hub of a PC, the board to which every other main component connects – CPUs in the socket, memory in the DIMM slots, and GPUs, sound cards and other expansion cards in the PCI slots. Hard disks, SSDs, optical drives and front-panel ports also connect to it. Intel motherboards have numerous socket types, chipsets and form factors, so make sure you've got the right configuration before buying.
The Intel Z270 chipset is the flagship chipset for Intel 7th generation Core processors, codename Kaby Lake. Compared to the cheaper 200-series chipsets Z270 supports two graphics cards, the most USB ports and is required for overclocking. These particular boards are small form factor micro-ATX designs with middling expandability.
- Asus ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING, Intel Z270, S 1151, DDR4, SATA3, M.2, 2-Way SLi/CrossFire, GbE/WiFi, USB 3.1 A+C, Micro ATX£184.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
The Intel H270 chipset is the mid-range chipset for Intel 7th generation Core processors, codename Kaby Lake. Compared to the more expensive Z270 chipsets H270 only supports a single graphics card, 2 fewer USB ports and does not support overclocking. These particular boards are full size ATX designs with maximum expandability.
- Gigabyte H270-HD3, Intel H270, S 1151, DDR4, SATAe, M.2 (PCIe/SATA), 2-Way CrossFire, Intel GbE, USB 3.1 Gen1 A, ATX£95.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
The Intel B250 chipset is the most affordable chipset for Intel 7th generation Core processors, codename Kaby Lake. Compared to the more expensive chipsets B250 has fewer PCI-E lanes, so only supports a single graphics card, fewer USB ports and does not support RAID or overclocking. These particular boards are small form factor micro ATX designs with middling expandability.
- Asus PRIME B250M-K, Intel B250, S 1151, DDR4, SATA3, M.2 (PCIe/SATA), Realtek GbE, USB 3.0, Micro ATX£61.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Asus PRIME B250M-C, Intel B250, S 1151, DDR4, SATA3, M.2 (PCIe/SATA), Intel GbE, USB 3.0, Micro ATX£76.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These motherboards are based on the entry-level Intel H110 chipset for LG1151 Skylake processors. With no support for overclocking or RAID, these affordable boards are ideal for low cost, small form factor home and office PCs. 28/09/15
Please note: In order to use a 7th Generation 'Kaby Lake' Intel CPU with these Motherboards, you will need to ensure you are running the latest BIOS version before installing the CPU.
- Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H, Intel H110, S 1151, DDR4, SATA3 6Gbps, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, Micro ATX VGA, HDMI and DVI£50.87£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
The X299 chipset is Intel's flagship model for extreme desktop systems including gaming PCs and content creation workstations. With its LGA 2066 socket, this chipset supports Intel's most powerful desktop CPUs from the Skylake X and Kaby Lake X ranges. It supports quad-channel DDR4 memory, providing unparalled memory bandwidth. With up to 44 PCI-E 3.0 lanes available, these motherboards deliver masses of bandwidth for SLI and CrossFireX configurators, offering unrestricted performance in games and graphic intensive content creation applications. With heaps of USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s ports and overclocking features these motherboards are the ultimate platform for high-performance desktop PCs. These particular X299 models are ATX or larger for full-size desktop PCs.
Despite using the new Socket 2066, the external layout is the same as Socket 2011-3, so you can use any of these coolers with your new Socket 2066 motherboard.
- ASRock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 , Intel H81, S 1150, DDR3, SATA III 6Gb/sSATA, 6x PCIe Slots, D-Sub (VGA) HDMI, ATX£71.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY