Motherboards - AMD
The motherboard is the central hub of a PC, the board to which every other main component connects – CPUs in the socket, memory in the DIMM slots, and GPUs, sound cards and other expansion cards in the PCIe slots. Hard drives, SSDs, optical drives and front-panel ports also connect to it. Motherboards have a huge variety of features so research carefully first. You need to make sure your motherboard will fit in your case and that its socket matches your chosen CPU. Current desktop AMD motherboards have six main sockets: AM1, AM3+, FM2, FM2+, AM4 and TR4, depending on the processor used. The latest Ryzen chips use AM4 while the Threadripper performance monster requires a TR4-based motherboard.
These motherboards are based on the AMD X570 chipset and are designed for the AMD Ryzen range of CPUs. The X570 is the flagship Ryzen chipset, and so features the highest number of SATA ports, USB ports and PCI-E lanes plus support for StoreMI, a caching technology which fuses together two storage devices into a single volume, intelligently moving data to the faster drive. Choose an X570 motherboard over a X470 motherboard for PCI-E 4.0 support.
Please Note: The graphics outputs that feature on some of the motherboards below are designed for use with AMD processors which feature a GPU integrated within the CPU chip itself. These graphics outputs, such as HDMI, DVI, VGA & DisplayPort will not function unless a compatible CPU with integrated graphics is installed.
- MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI, AMD X570, AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, 2x M.2, CrossFire, 2.5GbE, ax/BT5.1, USB 3.2 Gen2 A+C, ATXWas: £199.98£179.99FREE DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM
- ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero, AMD X570, AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, SLi/CrossFire, 2.5G/ax WiFi, USB 3.2, ATXWas: £424.99£399.98FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK, AMD B550, S AM4, DDR4, SATA3, PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, CrossFire, 2.5GbE, USB 3.2 Gen2, ATXWas: £144.98£139.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
These motherboards are based on the AMD B450 chipset and are designed for the AMD Ryzen range of CPUs. The B450 is the mid-range Ryzen chipset, and so features a modest number of SATA ports, USB ports and PCI-E lanes. Unlike the more expensive X470 motherboards, B450 boards do not support SLI or CrossFire. These particular boards are full size ATX designs with maximum expandability.
Please Note: The graphics outputs that feature on some of the motherboards below are designed for use with AMD processors such as the Ryzen 5 2400G, Ryzen 3 2200G, or A-Series models which feature a GPU integrated within the CPU chip itself. These graphics outputs, such as HDMI, DVI, VGA & DisplayPort will not function unless a compatible CPU with integrated graphics is installed.
- ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II, AMD B450, AM4, DDR4, PCIe 3.0, Dual M.2, 3-Way CrossFire, GbE, USB 3.2 Gen2, ATX£109.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Accessories for motherboards. Additional items to compliment your motherboard. These are additional items by various motherboard manufacturers which give extra functionality such as card readers and input/output panels. Always check the compatability of the item in question to ensure it will work with your motherboard.
- Asus TPM-SPI Trusted Platform Module, 14-1 Pin, SPI Interface, EAL4+ Certified, FIPS 140-2 Certified£12.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- ASUS Trusted Platform Module TPM-M R2.0, 14.1 Pin model£14.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY