In this category you’ll find all the products you need to build a wired or wireless network to connect your PCs to the internet, such as modems and routers, plus switches and cables for larger networks. Choose a wireless network for convenience or a wired network for higher speed, reliability and security. Premium routers offer more speed, coverage, and features than the simple devices often provided by the broadband company.
These routers deploy the speed advantage gained by using the latest 802.11ac WiFi standard to make sure your home network is as fast as possible. These routers are some of the best-looking on the market, so it's worth exploring this category if you want a piece of hardware that'll look as good as it runs.
- DrayTek Vigor 2926AC-K 802.11ac Dual Band Wireless Router Dual Wan Router/Firewall£262.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Netgear BR500 Insight Instant VPN Router Kit of 2, Site-to-Site VPN, Firewall, 924Mbps Throughput£431.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These high-performance routers are ideal for demanding home networks. Many include dual-band connections, high-end features and huge ranges, so you can be sure you'll stay connected - no matter how busy you're household.
- DrayTek Vigor 2926n Wireless Dual WAN Router Firewall with 5 Port GbE Switch£207.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- DrayTek VAP920RPD-K VigorAP Wireless Access Point, 920RPD, Dual Band, 802.11b/g/n, IP67£386.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- DrayTek Vigor 2926-K Router/Firewall Dual-Ethernet WAN£185.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- DrayTek Vigor 2960 High-Performance Dual-WAN Router/Firewall£389.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Designed for high-speed broadband telephone line ADSL. This hardware requires an input from your landline, the output of this unit is both wired and wireless internet. The wired outputs are usually in the form of ethernet sockets and the wireless is WiFi. This enables both mobile/portable and fixed devices to connect to the ADSL Modem Router and share the one internet connection. Other features include the ability to connect a network printer and share files across the network through the router.
A network cable (Ethernet) is used to connect a computer to a network. This can be a range of setups such as a broadband router feeding a single computer, two computers connected directly to each other, or a multiple number of computers and a network printer all connected to a server or router. RJ45 is the plug type. The general difference between CAT5 and CAT6 cabling is the increased transmission performance with CAT6. Note that there are two configurations of cables, Straight and X-Over (crossover). A X-Over cable is only used when connecting two computers directly to each other, or when connecting a computer directly to a peripheral for setup/configuration purposes.
- 100m Dynamode RJ45 CAT-5e CCA Boxed Reel UTP Cable, Solid, Grey£10.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Also known as a NIC (Network Interface Card ), these cards connect directly into the motherboard of your computer and feature an external network socket. This enables the computer to connect to a network via a network cable. Traditionally these network cards use the PCI slot on a motherboard, with newer cards using a PCIe interface. Advanced features include two or more network ports for specific applications. Note that network adaptors that convert a USB port into a network interface are also available.
- Griffin GC43705 USB A to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter RJ45, White£4.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These pieces of hardware work with both wired and wireless networks and devices in specific ways. A Wireless Access Point is a 'wired to wireless' solution. It extends a wired network by converting it into a wireless connection.A Wireless Bridge allows devices such as gaming consoles, digital video cameras etc that come with a RJ45 network port to connect to a wireless network. As the unit effectively bridges together a wireless network to these connected wired network devices. Check individual specifications of the product for the exact features and capabilities to make sure it meets your requirements.
- Ubiquiti 24v 500mA Gigabit PoE Injector, airGateway Compatible£14.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1m Ubiquiti UniFi Direct Attach Copper Cable 10Gbps, SFP+ Copper Modules£19.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Ubiquiti NBE-M5-16 NanoBeam M5 5GHz 16dBi airMAX Outdoor Wireless AC CPE Bridge£63.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC In-Wall Indoor, Ethernet-To-WiFi Acess Point, GbE LAN, PoE+£98.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-LR-5 (5 Pack) Dual Band Access Point, 450+867Mbps, Ceiling mountable, Indoor£433.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
These wireless USB adaptors connect into any USB port of a desktop or laptop. This allows the computer to connect to a wireless network without having to run a network cable to the system. Advanced features such as high bandwidth and encryption ensure both a fast and secure connection to a WiFi network.
- ADDON AWU680 Wireless AC Dual Band 600Mbps High Gain USB Adapter£9.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- ADDON AWU-G30 Wireless 1300Mbps AC Dual Band Nano USB adapter£13.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- ADDON AWU-G37 Wireless 1300Mbps AC Dual Band High Gain USB Adapter£16.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY