In this category you’ll find all the products you need to build a wired or wireless network to connect your PCs to the internet, such as modems and routers, plus switches and cables for larger networks. Choose a wireless network for convenience or a wired network for higher speed, reliability and security. Premium routers offer more speed, coverage, and features than the simple devices often provided by the broadband company.
Mesh routers provide superior WiFi coverage than standard routers. They work by including multiple units, which you can place around your home or office. Each unit communicates with one another using a private radio channel, improving bandwidth and reliability.
A network cable is used to connect a computer to a network. This can be a range of setups such as a broadband router feeding a single computer, two computers connected directly to each other, or a multiple number of computers and a network printer all connected to a server or router. RJ45 is the plug type. The general difference between CAT5e and CAT6 cabling is the increased transmission performance with CAT6. Note that there are two configurations of cables, Straight and X-Over (crossover). A X-Over cable is only used when connecting two computers directly to each other, or when connecting a computer directly to a peripheral for setup/configuration purposes.
- 0.5m CAT-5e RJ45 UTP Moulded Patch Cable 10/100/GbE£0.47£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2m Scan Grey CAT5e Snagless Moulded Gigabit Ethernet Cable
- 10m Scan Grey CAT5e Snagless Moulded Gigabit Ethernet Cable£2.26£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These cables are vital if you want a wired internet connection in your home or office. We've got them in a wide variety of colours and lengths.
- 1m Scan Grey CAT6 LSOH Snagless Moulded RJ45 Network Cable£0.83£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 0.25m CAT-6 RJ45 UTP Moulded Patch Cable 10/100/1000 GbE - Grey
- 2m Scan Blue Cat 6 LSOH Snagless Moulded Patch Lead£1.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These wireless network cards fit inside a computer (PC / notebook / Laptop) and connect using either the PCI, PCIe, M.2, Mini-PCIe interface. These Wireless Adaptors allow the computer to connect to a wireless network without having to run a network cable to the system. Advanced features such as high bandwidth and encryption ensure both a fast and secure connection to a WiFi network. Always check your motherboards interface for PCI or PCIe to ensure you select the correct wireless network card adaptor for your requirements.
- Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I , 1733Mbps ac Wireless PCIe Adapter + Bluetooth 5, PCIe 2.0 (x1), Intel 9260£24.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
These wireless USB adaptors connect into any USB port of a desktop or laptop. This allows the computer to connect to a wireless network without having to run a network cable to the system. Advanced features such as high bandwidth and encryption ensure both a fast and secure connection to a WiFi network.
- ScanFX WL-USB-NANO-150, USB 2.0, 150Mbps, 802.11n, Wireless Adaptor£2.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- ScanFX WL-700N-XSX WiFi USB2.0 Nano Adaptor, 300Mbps, 802.11g/n, 2.4 Ghz£5.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY