In this category you’ll find all the products you need to build a wired or wireless network to connect your PCs to the internet, such as modems and routers, plus switches and cables for larger networks. Choose a wireless network for convenience or a wired network for higher speed, reliability and security. Premium routers offer more speed, coverage, and features than the simple devices often provided by the broadband company.
These routers deploy the speed advantage gained by using the latest 802.11ac WiFi standard to make sure your home network is as fast as possible. These routers are some of the best-looking on the market, so it's worth exploring this category if you want a piece of hardware that'll look as good as it runs.
- Ubiquiti AmpliFi HD Mesh WiFi System, inc Router, 2x MeshPoints, 1750Mbps, Dual-Band, a/b/g/n/ac - UK ModelRRP: £353.99£299.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
A network cable is used to connect a computer to a network. This can be a range of setups such as a broadband router feeding a single computer, two computers connected directly to each other, or a multiple number of computers and a network printer all connected to a server or router. RJ45 is the plug type. The general difference between CAT5e and CAT6 cabling is the increased transmission performance with CAT6. Note that there are two configurations of cables, Straight and X-Over (crossover). A X-Over cable is only used when connecting two computers directly to each other, or when connecting a computer directly to a peripheral for setup/configuration purposes.
- 1m CAT-5e RJ45 UTP Moulded Patch Cable 10/100/1000 Grey£0.47£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 0.5m Scan Green Cat 5e Snagless Moulded Patch Lead£0.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These cables are vital if you want a wired internet connection in your home or office. We've got them in a wide variety of colours and lengths.
- 3m Scan Black Cat 6 LSOH Snagless Moulded Patch Lead£1.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Also known as a NIC (Network Interface Card ), these cards connect directly into the motherboard of your computer and feature an external network socket. This enables the computer to connect to a network via a network cable. Traditionally these network cards use the PCI slot on a motherboard, with newer cards using a PCIe interface. Advanced features include two or more network ports for specific applications. Note that network adaptors that convert a USB port into a network interface are also available.
- 1 Port Edimax EN-9260TX-E V2 Gigabit 10/100/1000 PCIe Network Adapter Card£9.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- ASUS PEB-10G/57840-2S 10GB/s Network Adapter PCI-e 3.0 Fiber & Copper£179.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These wireless network cards fit inside a computer (PC / notebook / Laptop) and connect using either the PCI, PCIe, M.2, Mini-PCIe interface. These Wireless Adaptors allow the computer to connect to a wireless network without having to run a network cable to the system. Advanced features such as high bandwidth and encryption ensure both a fast and secure connection to a WiFi network. Always check your motherboards interface for PCI or PCIe to ensure you select the correct wireless network card adaptor for your requirements.
- ASUS PCE-N15 PCIe 300Mbps 802.11b/g/n Wireless Adaptor with Low Profile BracketRRP: £13.91£11.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These wireless USB adaptors connect into any USB port of a desktop or laptop. This allows the computer to connect to a wireless network without having to run a network cable to the system. Advanced features such as high bandwidth and encryption ensure both a fast and secure connection to a WiFi network.
- ScanFX WL-USB-NANO-150, USB 2.0, 150Mbps, 802.11n, Wireless Adaptor£2.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY