A network cable is used to connect a computer to a network. This can be a range of setups such as a broadband router feeding a single computer, two computers connected directly to each other, or a multiple number of computers and a network printer all connected to a server or router. RJ45 is the plug type. The general difference between CAT5e and CAT6 cabling is the increased transmission performance with CAT6. Note that there are two configurations of cables, Straight and X-Over (crossover). A X-Over cable is only used when connecting two computers directly to each other, or when connecting a computer directly to a peripheral for setup/configuration purposes.
These cables are vital if you want a wired internet connection in your home or office. We've got them in a wide variety of colours and lengths.
- 0.5m CAT-6 RJ45 UTP Moulded Patch Cable 10/100/1000 GbE
- 1m Scan Blue Cat 6 LSOH Snagless Moulded Patch Lead
- 2m Scan Black Cat 6 LSOH Snagless Moulded Patch Lead£1.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2m Scan Blue Cat 6 LSOH Snagless Moulded Patch Lead£1.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 5m CAT-6 RJ45 UTP Moulded Patch Ethernet Cable 10/100/1000
- 3m Scan Blue Cat 6 LSOH Snagless Moulded Patch Lead£2.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Network wall sockets, tools and accessories for all your cabling network requirements. Build a integrated cable network within the walls of a building to making up loose network patch cables.
- Scan Single Gang Dual Port Cat 6 Faceplate - 2 x Modules Included£2.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These wireless network cards fit inside a computer (PC / notebook / Laptop) and connect using either the PCI, PCIe, M.2, Mini-PCIe interface. These Wireless Adaptors allow the computer to connect to a wireless network without having to run a network cable to the system. Advanced features such as high bandwidth and encryption ensure both a fast and secure connection to a WiFi network. Always check your motherboards interface for PCI or PCIe to ensure you select the correct wireless network card adaptor for your requirements.
- Asus PCE-N15 PCIe 300Mbps 802.11b/g/n Wireless Adaptor with Low Profile Bracket£13.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I (rev 4.2) PCIe WiFi Card, 867Mbps, Dual Band, 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, PCI-E 2.0, External Antenna£25.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
These wireless USB adaptors connect into any USB port of a desktop or laptop. This allows the computer to connect to a wireless network without having to run a network cable to the system. Advanced features such as high bandwidth and encryption ensure both a fast and secure connection to a WiFi network.
- Dynamode WL-700N-RXS, USB 2.0, 150Mbps, 802.11n, Wireless Adaptor£3.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order