Hard Disk Drive (HDD)/Solid State Drive (SSD) controllers are pieces of computer hardware that connect directly to the motherboard allowing you to add more HDDs/SSDs to your system by hooking them up via the controller. This can be for a number of reasons such as increasing the storage size, drive mirroring or for hot-swapping where a drive can be removed without powering the system down. The controller features its own processor which allows you to bypass the motherboard's own limitations on controlling storage drives. Some controllers allow the use of RAID (redundant array of independent disks) features that provide either higher speeds or more reliability.
A RAID controller card is similar to an HBA, but can also add redundancy (RAID) for your data, help optimise performance, reduce latency, or even make smart decisions on whether to store data on an HDD or an SSD cache, depending on user needs.
- 2 Port Highpoint RocketRAID RR2720A RAID Controller, PCI-E 2.0 x8, 8 Channel Mini-SAS (SFF-8087)/SATA III, Low Profile£179.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- HighPoint RocketRAID RR3720C Low Profile Host Bus Adapter, 2x SFF-8643 mini-SAS HD, PCIe 3.0, Window/Linux/macOS/FreeBSD£209.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 4 Port HighPoint RocketU 1244A USB 3.2 10GB/s PCIe 3.0 x8 HBA£251.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- HighPoint RocketRAID RR3740C Low Profile Host Bus Adapter, 4x SFF-8643 mini-SAS HD, PCIe 3.0, Window/Linux/macOS/FreeBSD£371.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1m HighPoint INT-MS-1M4S Internal Mini-SAS (SFF-8087) to 4x SATA Cable, for 4500 and 2700 Series SAS/SATA Controllers£14.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- HighPoint TS8i-8639-060 NVMe Cable for SSD7580 Host Card£41.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY