Hard Drives - Internal
Hard disk drives (HDDs) are used for storing masses of data in your system. They're mechanical, and thus slower than SSDs, but have the benefit of coming in much larger capacities – you can now get 12TB in a single drive. Internal drives come in two main form factors: 3.5in, which you typically use in desktop PCs, and 2.5in, which are usually for laptops, though a range of convertor brackets are also available. Consumer drives typically connect to the system via a SATA cable whereas drives destined for servers sometimes use what is known as a SAS connection.
These 3.5" hard drives are available in 500GB, 750GB, and 1TB sizes and mostly utilise the newer SATA III 6Gb/s interface, ensuring as high speeds as possible with their mechanical technology, especially when using them in RAID. They're the most popular drives for today's desktop PCs, thanks to high spindle speeds, lots of cache and huge capacities.
- 500GB Seagate BarraCuda ST3500413AS, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 16MB Cache, 8.5ms, NCQWas: £23.99£19.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache, 8.5ms, NCQWas: £35.99£34.79£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These 3.5" hard drives are available in 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB sizes. They utilise the newer SATA III 6Gb/s interface, ensuring as high speeds as possible with their mechanical technology, especially when using them in RAID. They're the most popular drives for today's desktop PCs, thanks to high spindle speeds, lots of cache and huge capacities.
- 4TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM004, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 5400rpm, 256MB Cache, OEMWas: £88.49£83.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
2.5" drives are significantly smaller than standard 3.5" ones, making them great candidates for upgrading the storage of your laptop or games console, especially as they're available in capacities of 2TB, 3TB, 4TB and 5TB. Remember to check the height of the drives, as most portable or console systems only have bays which support 9.5mm drives or less. Also pay attention to the spin speed in rpm; while all drives here use the latest SATA III 6Gbps interface, faster spinning drives will read and write data faster.
- 2TB Seagate BarraCuda ST2000LM015, 2.5" HDD/Hard Drive , 7mm, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 5400rpmWas: £69.59£65.58£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2TB WD Blue WD20SPZX, 2.5" HDD, SATA III 6Gb/s, 5400rpm, 128MB Cache, OEMWas: £83.99£77.99FREE DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM
Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) is a data transfer protocol that is more enterprise focussed than SATA, which is the standard bus for regular consumer drives. Available in 1TB, 1.2TB, 1.8TB and 2TB capacities SAS drives are more expensive per gigabyte, but they offer increased speed, longevity and improved error checking, which is vital for their intended use in enterprise, server and high-end workstation solutions. These 2.5" models are ideal for space-limited situations. Designed to be used with mission critical systems such as servers, high-end work stations or any other users that require the best performance going to improve their systems performance.
- 600GB Dell PowerEdge 400-AESO SAS Hard Drive, 2.5" HDD, SAS 6Gb/s, 10Krpm, with Tray, for Dell PowerEdge Systems£167.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Bay converters and brackets for PC Cases which include brackets and drive bay converters of various types.
- SilverStone SST-FP58B, Bay Device 5.25" 1x slot loading slim optical drive and 4x 2.5” HDD/SSD, Black£14.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Here you will find various adaptors and other miscellaneous equipment for internal hard-drives to help adapt them to your requirements.
Maximise the performance of your hard drive. IDE Caddies allow you to turn a hard drive into an inexpensive removable backup solution.
- ICY DOCK Bodyguard 525 MB228MGF, Multi-Function Transfer Rack, Aluminium, LCD, 2x 40mm Fans£21.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
This range of removable caddies designed for Serial ATA drives allows the end user to swap drives and also remove drives from systems as a security option. With a range of internal or external caddies as well as PATA to SATA converting cases these devices also keep the drives much cooler due to their fans and aluminium structure (where applicable).