A cable is one, two or more wires bound together, typically in a common protective jacket or sheath. The individual wires inside the jacket may be covered or insulated. This wire is usually copper because of its excellent conductivity. Cables are used to connect two or more devices such as a hard drive and a motherboard or two PCs to enable communication between them.
DisplayPort is a recently-introduced video connection that's found on an increasing number of graphics cards and monitors - and occasionally on laptops, too. Our adapters cater for full-size and mini DisplayPort connections as well as adapters to convert DisplayPort to HDMI, DVI, VGA and other types of video signal.
When connecting media products together, you need a high quality connection. That's where high quality AV cables come in. There are numerous connections for AV signals, check the specification of each product to ensure it matches your requirements.
- 1.2m Scan Audio Jack Cable - 3.5mm TRS Jack (Male) to 2x RCA Phono (Male), Black
- 3m Scan Headphone Extension Cable, Audio Jack cable, 3.5mm TRS Jack (Male) to 3.5mm TRS Jack (Female), Black
- 3m Scan Audio Jack Cable - 3.5mm TRS Jack (Male) to 3.5mm TRS Jack (Male), Black
- 50cm Scan Audio Jack Cable - 3.5mm TRS Jack (Male) to 3.5mm TRS Jack (Male), White
A digital cable for audio/video connectivity. Primarily used between a computer and monitor/displays. Display Port is always male on the cable and female on the device. Note however there are two types of Display Port plug, standard and mini. Always check the socket on your device to confirm.
- 2m Scan DisplayPort 1.1 Cable - DP (Male) to DVI-D (Male), Black£5.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2m Scan DisplayPort Cable - DPort (Male) to HDMI (Male), Black£6.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transmitting encrypted uncompressed digital data. Whether it be a Blu-ray player, games console or pc, HDMI cables can support over 2 Billion devices worldwide, allowing you to watch HD movies at home, with high fidelity sound.
These braided cables are a modding solution to your internal fan power cabling. The braided sleeving ensures a neat cable which means a neater and less obstruction to your cases internal airflow. Always check individual specifications of the cables for the connectors / plug types.
Universal Serial Bus (USB) is a serial bus standard to connect devices to a host computer.
- 1.5m Mini USB 2.0 Cable - Type A (Male) to Mini B (Male), White
- 1m Scan Micro USB 2.0 Cable - Type A (Male) to Micro B (Male), Cable - Black
- 1.8m Belkin USB 2.0 Printer Cable - Type A (Male) to Type B (Male) OEM£1.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1.8m Scan Micro USB 2.0 Cable - Type A (Male) to Micro B (Male), Black
- 0.5m Newlink USB Cable - Type A (Male) to Serial COM (Male)£6.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
USB 3 is the third major revision of the Universal Serial Bus (USB) standard for computer connectivity. Also known as SuperSpeed USB, these cables allow transmission speeds of up to 5 Gbit/s when connecting USB 3 devices, this is more than 10 times the speed of USB 2 (480 Mbit/s). A USB 3 cable can also carry a higher current compared to USB 2.
Various cables to connect devices such as CD Writers, DVD Writers, Hard Drives, Floppy drives and Case Fans.
SATA cables are used to connect hard disks, SSDs and optical drives to a PC's motherboard. Our range includes standard cables, versions with right-angled connectors to fit into tight spaces, SATA power adapters and SATA-to-MOLEX power connectors.
A network cable is used to connect a computer to a network. This can be a range of setups such as a broadband router feeding a single computer, two computers connected directly to each other, or a multiple number of computers and a network printer all connected to a server or router. RJ45 is the plug type. The general difference between CAT5e and CAT6 cabling is the increased transmission performance with CAT6. Note that there are two configurations of cables, Straight and X-Over (crossover). A X-Over cable is only used when connecting two computers directly to each other, or when connecting a computer directly to a peripheral for setup/configuration purposes.
These cables are vital if you want a wired internet connection in your home or office. We've got them in a wide variety of colours and lengths.
Miscellaneous cables including keyboard, monitor and power cables.