A cable is one, two or more wires bound together, typically in a common protective jacket or sheath. The individual wires inside the jacket may be covered or insulated. This wire is usually copper because of its excellent conductivity. Cables are used to connect two or more devices such as a hard drive and a motherboard or two PCs to enable communication between them. Cables come with various connectors that focus on an area of transmission - video, data, audio, power, etc. Some cables can transfer multiple streams of data or video.
A digital cable for audio/video connectivity. Primarily used between a computer and monitor/displays. Display Port is always male on the cable and female on the device. Note however there are two types of Display Port plug, standard and mini. Always check the socket on your device to confirm.
- 2M Xclio DisplayPort Cable (Male) to HDMI (Male), 1080p Resolution, Black£6.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYDue 30th Jul
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transmitting encrypted uncompressed digital data. Whether it be a Blu-ray player, games console or pc, HDMI cables can support over 2 Billion devices worldwide, allowing you to watch HD movies at home, with high fidelity sound.
These braided cables are a modding solution to your internal fan power cabling. The braided sleeving ensures a neat cable which means a neater and less obstruction to your cases internal airflow. Always check individual specifications of the cables for the connectors / plug types.
These braided cables come for the range of power requirements that a computer power supply unit supplies. The braiding ensures a neat cabling solution to the internals of your computer which translates to less obstruction to the internal air flow for your hardware. These range of cables include motherboard, VGA cards, hard drive extension and adaptor cables plus mains cables.
- 2m Scan 3XS Braided Cable Wrap, Flexible, Expandable Sleeve, Black£6.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Universal Serial Bus (USB) is a serial bus standard to connect devices to a host computer.
USB 3 is the third major revision of the Universal Serial Bus (USB) standard for computer connectivity. Also known as SuperSpeed USB, these cables allow transmission speeds of up to 5 Gbit/s when connecting USB 3 devices, this is more than 10 times the speed of USB 2 (480 Mbit/s). A USB 3 cable can also carry a higher current compared to USB 2.
- 3m Scan USB 3.0 Extension Cable - Type A (Male) to Type A (Female), Blue£2.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYDue 2nd Aug
SATA cables are used to connect hard disks, SSDs and optical drives to a PC's motherboard. Our range includes standard cables, versions with right-angled connectors to fit into tight spaces, SATA power adapters and SATA-to-MOLEX power connectors.
- 45cm Scan NLRB-304LOCK, Right Angled SATA Extension Cable, Male to Male, Locking Latches, 3Gbps, Red
- 45cm Scan RB-481A, SATA III Extension Cable, Male to Male, Locking Latches, 6Gbps, Black
- 15cm Akasa PROSLIM AK-CBSA05-BL, SATA III Data Cable, Secure Latch, 6.0 Gbp/s, Blue
- 30cm Akasa PROSLIM AK-CBSA05-30BK, SATA III Data Cable, Secure Latch, 6.0 Gbp/s, Black
An Ethernet network cable is used to connect a computer to other users or devices via a switch or router creating a network. Cat-6 or Cat-6a can support up to 10 Gigabit (10Gbps) speeds and features RJ45 end plugs, and thicker sheaths than Cat-5 cabling.
- 0.5m Xclio Grey CAT6 RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Cable Snagless£0.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 0.25m Xclio CAT6A S/FTP Patch Lead Cable, Snagless, Black, 600Mhz, 4x 26 AWG
- 1M Xclio Grey CAT6 RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Cable Snagless£1.12£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1M Xclio Grey CAT6A RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Cable Snagless£1.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYLow stock
- 3M Xclio Grey CAT6A RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Cable Snagless
- 5M Xclio Grey CAT6 RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Cable Snagless
- 25M Xclio Grey CAT6 RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Cable Snagless£5.69£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Network wall sockets, tools and accessories for all your cabling network requirements. Build a integrated cable network within the walls of a building to making up loose network patch cables.
Miscellaneous cables including keyboard, monitor and power cables.