A cable is one, two or more wires bound together, typically in a common protective jacket or sheath. The individual wires inside the jacket may be covered or insulated. This wire is usually copper because of its excellent conductivity. Cables are used to connect two or more devices such as a hard drive and a motherboard or two PCs to enable communication between them. Cables come with various connectors that focus on an area of transmission - video, data, audio, power, etc. Some cables can transfer multiple streams of data or video.
When connecting media products together, you need a high quality connection. That's where high quality AV cables come in. There are numerous connections for AV signals, check the specification of each product to ensure it matches your requirements.
- 1.2m Scan Audio Jack Cable - 3.5mm TRS Jack (Male) to 2x RCA Phono (Male), Black
- 3m Scan Headphone Extension Cable, Audio Jack cable, 3.5mm TRS Jack (Male) to 3.5mm TRS Jack (Female), Black
- 3m Scan Audio Jack Cable - 3.5mm TRS Jack (Male) to 3.5mm TRS Jack (Male), Black
- 50cm Scan Audio Jack Cable - 3.5mm TRS Jack (Male) to 3.5mm TRS Jack (Male), White£0.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYLow stock
A digital cable for audio/video connectivity. Primarily used between a computer and monitor/displays. Display Port is always male on the cable and female on the device. Note however there are two types of Display Port plug, standard and mini. Always check the socket on your device to confirm.
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transmitting encrypted uncompressed digital data. Whether it be a Blu-ray player, games console or pc, HDMI cables can support over 2 Billion devices worldwide, allowing you to watch HD movies at home, with high fidelity sound.
- LMS C-HDMI2.0-1m High Speed 4K HDMI2.0 Cable (PE bag)
- 2M LMS C-HDMI2.0-2 High Speed HDMI2.0 Cable 4K HDR Certified£3.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These braided cables are a modding solution to your internal fan power cabling. The braided sleeving ensures a neat cable which means a neater and less obstruction to your cases internal airflow. Always check individual specifications of the cables for the connectors / plug types.
Universal Serial Bus (USB) is a serial bus standard to connect devices to a host computer.
- 2.1m Belkin USB004 Black USB 2.0 Cable Type A (Male) to Type B (Male), Ideal for Printers
- 1m Scan Micro USB2.0 - Type A (Male) to Micro B (Male), Cable for Charging & Sync Phones/Tablets
- 1.8m Scan USB 2.0 Extension Cable - Type A (Male) to Type A (Female), Black
- 1.8m Scan Micro USB 2.0 Cable - Type A (Male) to Micro B (Male), Black
USB 3 is the third major revision of the Universal Serial Bus (USB) standard for computer connectivity. Also known as SuperSpeed USB, these cables allow transmission speeds of up to 5 Gbit/s when connecting USB 3 devices, this is more than 10 times the speed of USB 2 (480 Mbit/s). A USB 3 cable can also carry a higher current compared to USB 2.
- 1M Canyon CNE-USBC1W USB Type C to Type A Charge & Sync Transfer Cable White£1.87£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYLow stock
Various cables to connect devices such as CD Writers, DVD Writers, Hard Drives, Floppy drives and Case Fans.
SATA cables are used to connect hard disks, SSDs and optical drives to a PC's motherboard. Our range includes standard cables, versions with right-angled connectors to fit into tight spaces, SATA power adapters and SATA-to-MOLEX power connectors.
- 45cm Scan SATA III Certified 6Gbps Internal Cable Locking Connectors
- 45cm Scan Right Angled SATA 3 6GB/s Cable with Locking Latches RED£1.19£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 50cm Akasa Super Slim SATA rev 3.0 Data cable with securing latches 6GB/s Certified - Blue£3.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 50cm Silverstone Ultra Slim SATA III 6GB/s Black Cable Certified£7.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These cables are vital if you want a wired internet connection in your home or office. We've got them in a wide variety of colours and lengths.
A network cable is used to connect a computer to a network. This can be a range of setups such as a broadband router feeding a single computer, two computers connected directly to each other, or a multiple number of computers and a network printer all connected to a server or router. RJ45 is the plug type. The general difference between CAT5e and CAT6 cabling is the increased transmission performance with CAT6. Note that there are two configurations of cables, Straight and X-Over (crossover). A X-Over cable is only used when connecting two computers directly to each other, or when connecting a computer directly to a peripheral for setup/configuration purposes.
- 0.5m CAT-5e RJ45 UTP Moulded Patch Cable 10/100/GbE£0.47£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2m Scan Grey CAT5e Snagless Moulded Gigabit Ethernet Cable
- 10m Scan Grey CAT5e Snagless Moulded Gigabit Ethernet Cable£2.26£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
A range of extension lead, adaptors and surge protection.
- 2m Mains Power Extension Lead, 6 Way, Surge Protected£6.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Miscellaneous cables including keyboard, monitor and power cables.
- 1.8m UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead Type) Moulded with UK Plug (Suitable for PSU's) 5A Fuse
- 200mm Scan Cable Ties, 100 pack, 200mm x 2.5mm, Black
- 1.2m Scan Laptop Power Cord 3 Slot for UK - BS-1363 to C5 Clover Leaf Power Cable Lead£3.68£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2M Scan 3XS Braided Cable wrap Sleeve expands upto 40mm diameter can cut to size