A cable is one, two or more wires bound together, typically in a common protective jacket or sheath. The individual wires inside the jacket may be covered or insulated. This wire is usually copper because of its excellent conductivity. Cables are used to connect two or more devices such as a hard drive and a motherboard or two PCs to enable communication between them.
DisplayPort is a recently-introduced video connection that's found on an increasing number of graphics cards and monitors - and occasionally on laptops, too. Our adapters cater for full-size and mini DisplayPort connections as well as adapters to convert DisplayPort to HDMI, DVI, VGA and other types of video signal.
- Scan HDMINIDP-VGA Mini Display Port 1.1a to VGA Adaptor Cable (Apple Compatible)£10.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYLow stock
Cables for connectivity between PC's and display monitors. This section features D-Sub (otherwise known as VGA) and DVI cables. Note that DVI cables are available in various forms namely, DVI-A (analogue), DVI-D (digital, available in both single-link and dual-link), DVI-I (Integrated in both analogue and digital).
- 2m Scan Single Link DVI Cable - DVI-D (Male) to DVI-D (Male), Black£3.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transmitting encrypted uncompressed digital data. Whether it be a Blu-ray player, games console or pc, HDMI cables can support over 2 Billion devices worldwide, allowing you to watch HD movies at home, with high fidelity sound.
- 2m Scan HDMI v1.4b Cable - HDMI (Male) to HDMI (Male), 3D + Ethernet Gold Connectors
- 3m Scan HDMI v1.4 Cable - HDMI (Male) to HDMI (Male), 3D + Ethernet, Black£3.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 3m Scan HDMI Cable - HDMI (Male) to DVI-D Dual Link (Male), Black£4.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These braided cables are a modding solution to your internal fan power cabling. The braided sleeving ensures a neat cable which means a neater and less obstruction to your cases internal airflow. Always check individual specifications of the cables for the connectors / plug types.
These braided cables come for the range of power requirements that a computer power supply unit supplies. The braiding ensures a neat cabling solution to the internals of your computer which translates to less obstruction to the internal air flow for your hardware. These range of cables include motherboard, VGA cards, hard drive extension and adaptor cables plus mains cables.
- Akasa AK-CBPW05-30 30cm Black mesh 1 into 2 SATA Power Splitter£2.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 30cm Akasa SATA Power Cable Extension Male to Female
Universal Serial Bus (USB) is a serial bus standard to connect devices to a host computer.
- 1.5m Mini USB 2.0 Cable - Type A (Male) to Mini B (Male), White£0.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1m Scan Micro USB 2.0 Cable - Type A (Male) to Micro B (Male), Cable - Black£1.19£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1.8m Belkin Mini USB 2.0 Cable - Type A (Male) to Mini B (Male), Grey/Orange
- 1.8m Scan USB 2.0 Extension Cable - Type A (Male) to Type A (Female), Black
- 50cm Scan Micro USB 2.0 Cable - Type A (Male) to Micro B (Male), Black
- 1.8m Scan Micro USB 2.0 Cable - Type A (Male) to Micro B (Male), Black
- 4.8m Belkin USB003 USB 2.0 Cable - Type A (Male) to Type B (Male), Ideal for Printers
Various cables to connect devices such as CD Writers, DVD Writers, Hard Drives, Floppy drives and Case Fans.
SATA cables are used to connect hard disks, SSDs and optical drives to a PC's motherboard. Our range includes standard cables, versions with right-angled connectors to fit into tight spaces, SATA power adapters and SATA-to-MOLEX power connectors.
A network cable is used to connect a computer to a network. This can be a range of setups such as a broadband router feeding a single computer, two computers connected directly to each other, or a multiple number of computers and a network printer all connected to a server or router. RJ45 is the plug type. The general difference between CAT5e and CAT6 cabling is the increased transmission performance with CAT6. Note that there are two configurations of cables, Straight and X-Over (crossover). A X-Over cable is only used when connecting two computers directly to each other, or when connecting a computer directly to a peripheral for setup/configuration purposes.
- 0.25m Scan Black Cat 5e Snagless Moulded Patch Lead£0.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1m Scan Black Cat 5e Snagless Moulded RJ45 Netwotk Cable
- 10m CAT-5e URT-610 RJ45 UTP Moulded Patch Cable 10/100/GbE£3.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These cables are vital if you want a wired internet connection in your home or office. We've got them in a wide variety of colours and lengths.
- 1m Scan Blue Cat 6 LSOH Snagless Moulded Patch Lead
- 1m Scan Grey Cat 6 LSOH Snagless Moulded Patch Lead
- 25cm Scan CDL CAT 6A S/FTP LSZH Snagless Patch Lead Cable, White£1.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
- 2m Scan Grey Cat 6 LSOH Snagless Moulded Patch Lead
- 3m Scan Blue Cat 6 LSOH Snagless Moulded Patch Lead
Network wall sockets, tools and accessories for all your cabling network requirements. Build a integrated cable network within the walls of a building to making up loose network patch cables.
A range of extension lead, adaptors and surge protection.
- 2m Mains Power Extension Lead, 4 Way, Surge Protected£5.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2m Mains Power Extension Lead, 6 Way, Surge Protected£7.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Miscellaneous cables including keyboard, monitor and power cables.
- 1.8m UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead Type) Moulded with UK Plug (Suitable for PSU's) 5A Fuse£2.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 200mm Scan Cable Ties, 100 pack, 200mm x 2.5mm, Black
- 1.8M Euro Mains Power Cable 2 Pin (Kettle Lead end) RB-299A
- StarTech.com 16in/40cm 1 Port DB9 9 Pin (Male) Serial Bracket to 10 Pin Motherboard Header Slot Plate