Condenser (or Capacitor) microphones are fantastic for detailed recording work. When using them for vocal recording, think about if you need a pop filter (to stop plosives) or a reflection shield to minimise room noise on recordings and produce a clearer result. All condenser microphones need a power supply from somewhere, either battery or 48V Phantom Power from a desk or interface.
Distortion / Fuzz / Overdrive Pedals
From mild soft clipping overdrives, to germanium based fuzz circuits, to all out hard clipping high gain, these pedals give you the drive to suit your taste.
- Zvex Fuzzolo Distortion / Fuzz / Overdrive Effect Pedal£104.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- ZVEX Vexter Super Duper 2-In-1 Boost / Overdrive / Distortion Effects Pedal£166.80FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- ZVEX Vexter Fuzz Factory Vertical - Fuzz Effect Pedal
- ZVEX Vexter Fuzz Factory - Legendary Fuzz Pedal, Used Regularly By Matt Bellamy of Muse£175.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Zvex Vexter 59' Sound Vertical Distortion Effects Pedal£179.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Zvex Vexter Box Of Rock Vertical Distortion Effects Pedal
- ZVEX Vexter Fuzz Probe Fuzz Effects Pedal With Theremin Style Proximity Foot Controller
- Zvex Vexter Double Rock Boost / Distortion Effects Pedal
Guitar Effects Boost Pedals
Boost pedals allow you make your sound "bigger" by adding more gain to your signal before it hits the input on your amp. They're typically used to help a solo cut through or to obtain a natural overdrive from your amp.
- Zvex Channel 2 Line Buffer / Boost / Overdrive Effect Pedal£95.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Miscellaneous Effects Pedals
A place for those pedals that don't quite fit in to any particular catagory.
- ZVEX Vexter Super Ringtone - Sequencer Effects Pedal, 16 Steps, MIDI Sync, 8 User Memory Locations£325.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
A phaser pedal is a modulation effect.Similar to a chorus but instead of delay it utilises all-pass filters. When mixed back with the original signal it creates comb filtering giving the swirling effect.
- ZVEX Vexter Vibrophase Vertical Effects Pedal Based On The Experimental Candle-Powered Candela Vibrophase£199.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
The oldest guitar effect. The first stand alone effects unit outside of reverb was tremolo produced back in 1948. The effect creates a rapid variation in volume of the output of your guitar, "Gimme Shelter" is the perfect explanation.
Wah / Filter Pedals
One of the classic guitar effects of all time. The pedal creates a vocal like sound by sweeping through the frequency range of your guitar. Most commonly controlled with the foot allowing you to work in real time and sequence the effect to what you are playing. Some pedals over an auto function allowing you to switch on and off a preset wah effect. Here you will also find envelope filters. This pedal reacts to how hard you play, play hard and you get a treble boost and as the signal drops the boost dies away, the ultimate funk tool.