A chorus pedal is a modulation effect. The original signal is split and run through a short delay and then combined with the original signal. The delayed part of the signal can then be modulated to create movement to create a thicker tone. A classic effect used on elctric, acoustic and bass guitars.
In its simplist explanation a compressor makes the quiet parts of the signal louder and the louder parts quieter delivering a more consistant loudness. Can have the most subtle of effect through to the very obvious "snap". A compressor can also increase sustain and provide extra gain to push the front of your amp.
- MXR M102 Dyna Comp Compressor, Can Tighten Up Your Signal, add Rich Sustain, or Create a Percussive and Clicky Sound£74.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR M132 Super Comp, Super Comp Updates the Dyna Comp® Compressor With an Attack Level Control£83.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR M282 Bass Dyna Comp, Iconic Dyna Comp Compressor Sound in Bass-Friendly Form Thanks to a Clean Control£140.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR M87 Bass Compressor, Provides Recording-Quality Compression with Constant Headroom Technology™£171.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Distortion / Fuzz / Overdrive Pedals
From mild soft clipping overdrives, to germanium based fuzz circuits, to all out hard clipping high gain, these pedals give you the drive to suit your taste.
- MXR M104 Distortion +, Delivers Everything from Cool Overdriven Blues tones to Huge '80s Hard Rock Distortion£77.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR M75 Super Bad Ass Distortion, Provides a Full and Highly Responsive Spectrum Distortion With a 3-Band EQ£99.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR M294 Sugar Drive, Sugar Drive Provides a Diverse Range of Clear And Transparent Overdrive Tones£118.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR M267 Octavio Fuzz Pedal, 2 Simple Controls, Classic Hendrix Sound£129.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR CSP027 Timmy Overdrive Pedal, Designed with Paul Cochrane, MXR Mini Housing, 3 Clipping Styles
- MXR - 'FOD Drive' Analog Amp Overdrive, 3-way Mid Scoop Switch, Output, Gain, Blend & Tone Options£184.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR DD25V3 Dookie Drive Version 3, Unicorn Limited Edition, High Gain, Green Day, Dookie,High Gain, Mid scoop£215.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Effects Pedal Power Supplies
A good power supply is essential when putting together your peda lboard. Asside from keeping things tidy around your feet they can also provide different voltages to match the individual pedal requirements. Pedals can be powered either by daisy chainging them together or by using an isolatied powersupply. An isolated supply should eliminate ground loops and any associated hum, as there's no grounding path between the pedals.
- MXR M237 DC Brick, Comes With Eight 9v Outputs and Two 18v Outputs
- MXR M238 ISO Power Supply,Pedalboard-Friendly With Ten Fully Isolated Outputs Ranging From 9V to 18V£142.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
The ultimate tool to sculpt your tone. From the more wide ranging graphic E.Q to allow control over bass,mid and treble to the parametric E.Q that allows you to boost or cut a specific frequency. An excellent tool for electric, acoustic and bass guitars.
A flanger pedal is a modulation effect. Essentially the same as chorus but with a shorter delay time and utilising delay feedback. The distinctive sound comes from modulating the delay time giving you the classic sweep sound.
- MXR M152 Micro Flanger, Dial in warm and thick flanging for massive sonic “swooshes”£90.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Guitar Effects Boost Pedals
Boost pedals allow you make your sound "bigger" by adding more gain to your signal before it hits the input on your amp. They're typically used to help a solo cut through or to obtain a natural overdrive from your amp.
- MXR M133 Micro Amp, Boost Your Signal With a Preset Amount of Gain Up to +26dB.£72.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR MC401 CAE Boost/Line Driver, Up To +20dB Of Ultra-Clean Boost
Guitar Looper Pedals
A looper pedal will record as you play and then at the press of the switch loop the part you have just played allowing you to play over the top of the loop.Build up layer after layer or use it to create a backing to solo over. An ideal tool for solo singer song writers who want to build a "live" backing track to sing and play over.
- MXR Clone Looper M303 - Looper Pedal with up to 6 minutes of recording time£152.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Miscellaneous Effects Pedals
A place for those pedals that don't quite fit in to any particular catagory.
- MXR Bass Octave Deluxe, Offers Two Independent Analogue Sub-Octave Voices With a Dry Control and a Mid+ Switch£134.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR M280 Vintage Bass Octave, Warm Analogu Sub-Bass Vibes of a Classic Circuit With Superior Tracking & Cleaner Headroom
- MXR M281 Thump Bass Preamp, 3 Band EQ, Midrange Frequecy Adjustment , Echoplex® Preamp
- MXR M82 Bass Envelope Filter, Classic Analogue Envelope Filter Sounds With Separate Dry and Effect Level Controls£145.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR M222 Talk Box, Contains its Own Amp and Speaker Driver, Volume, Tone, and Gain controls£159.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
A phaser pedal is a modulation effect.Similar to a chorus but instead of delay it utilises all-pass filters. When mixed back with the original signal it creates comb filtering giving the swirling effect.
- MXR M101 Phase 90, Subtle, Spatial Shimmer to All-Out High Velocity Swooshing With the Twist of a Knob£78.22FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR M290 Phase 95, Combines The Phase 45 and Phase 90 Circuits Toggled By The 45/90 Switch£89.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR CSP101SL Script Phase 90, Combines Vintage Phasing with an LED and AC Power Jack for Modern Convenience£97.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR EVH90 Phase 90 Eddie Van Halen,Script and Block Style Phasing,Graphics Inspired by the Legendary Frankenstein Guitar£138.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKETDue 15th Dec
Reverb & Delay Effects Pedals
Reverb pedals modify the signal in such a way that you can replicate playing in different sonic spaces. Delay pedals allow you to repeat your sound at pre-determined intervals after you've played it. Both effects whether used independently or together can add warmth and depth to your tone. Reverb and delay pedals are collectively known as time-based effects and are typically positioned at the end of your signal chain.
- MXR M199 Tap Tempo Swtch, Adjustable Tip/Ring Configuration£43.00£5.48 1-5 DAY DELIVERY
- MXR M169 Carbon Copy Analog Delay, Analog Delay Delivers Rich, Warm Bucket-Bridgade Delay With Up To 600ms Of Delay Time£135.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MXR Carbon Copy Mini- Bright switch + Internal trimpots
- MXR M292 Carbon Copy Deluxe Analog Delay, Tap Tempo Functionality, Optional Modulation, Original/Bright Toggle Switch
- MXR M300 Digital Reverb, Six Distinct Exquisitely Crafted Reverb Styles, A Hi-Fi Analogue Dry Path
The oldest guitar effect. The first stand alone effects unit outside of reverb was tremolo produced back in 1948. The effect creates a rapid variation in volume of the output of your guitar, "Gimme Shelter" is the perfect explanation.