A chorus pedal is a modulation effect. The original signal is split and run through a short delay and then combined with the original signal. The delayed part of the signal can then be modulated to create movement to create a thicker tone. A classic effect used on elctric, acoustic and bass guitars.
In its simplist explanation a compressor makes the quiet parts of the signal louder and the louder parts quieter delivering a more consistant loudness. Can have the most subtle of effect through to the very obvious "snap". A compressor can also increase sustain and provide extra gain to push the front of your amp.
Distortion / Fuzz / Overdrive Pedals
From mild soft clipping overdrives, to germanium based fuzz circuits, to all out hard clipping high gain, these pedals give you the drive to suit your taste.
- CKK Royal Fuzz Guitar Pedal, Distortion plus Fuzz Effect, Stompbox£66.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- CKK Destruction Drive Guitar Pedal, Aggressive High Gain Distortion Effect, 3 Band EQ, Stompbox
- CKK Flaming Lips Guitar Pedal, High Gain Distortion, US Style, Atmospheric Effect, Stompbox
- CKK Lunar Drive Guitar Pedal, Vintage Dumble Tube Distortion Effect, Stompbox
- CKK Omni Boost MK2 Guitar Pedal, Signal Boost, Clean Boost, Fat Boost, 20db Full Band Gain, Stompbox
- CKK Scream Drive Guitar Pedal, Classic Overdrive Effect, Two Gain Stage, Stompbox
- CKK Anka Distortion True-Bypass Effects Pedal, 3 Clipping Options, Internal Post Fat Boost, 9V DC or Battery Operation£96.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
A phaser pedal is a modulation effect.Similar to a chorus but instead of delay it utilises all-pass filters. When mixed back with the original signal it creates comb filtering giving the swirling effect.
- CKK Robot Guitar Pedal, Phaser Effect, Resonance, Sweep, Stompbox£69.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Reverb & Delay Effects Pedals
Reverb pedals modify the signal in such a way that you can replicate playing in different sonic spaces. Delay pedals allow you to repeat your sound at pre-determined intervals after you've played it. Both effects whether used independently or together can add warmth and depth to your tone. Reverb and delay pedals are collectively known as time-based effects and are typically positioned at the end of your signal chain.
- CKK Soul Echo Guitar Pedal, Fat Boost, Tape Delay Effect, Stompbox
- CKK Space Station Pro Guitar Pedal, Digital Reverb / Delay-Verb Effect, 2000ms, Stompbox£109.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
The oldest guitar effect. The first stand alone effects unit outside of reverb was tremolo produced back in 1948. The effect creates a rapid variation in volume of the output of your guitar, "Gimme Shelter" is the perfect explanation.
Wah / Filter Pedals
One of the classic guitar effects of all time. The pedal creates a vocal like sound by sweeping through the frequency range of your guitar. Most commonly controlled with the foot allowing you to work in real time and sequence the effect to what you are playing. Some pedals over an auto function allowing you to switch on and off a preset wah effect. Here you will also find envelope filters. This pedal reacts to how hard you play, play hard and you get a treble boost and as the signal drops the boost dies away, the ultimate funk tool.