Up to 100Mbps broadband speed
The TD-W9980 supports VDSL2 and backward compatibility with ADSL2+/ADSL2/ADSL, featuring high broadband speeds of up to 100Mbps. It is designed to support the wide deployment of triple play services such as voice, video, data, high-definition television (HDTV) and interactive gaming.
Simultaneous Dual Band
Two separate wireless networks that will run on either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band, simultaneously. The traditional 2.4GHz band can provides more range and is great for everyday web surfing use but it is more susceptible to interference from wireless devices running on the same frequency. While the 5GHz band can provide faster wireless speeds and avoid much interference .This way, the 5GHz band is just right for bandwidth heavy tasks like on-line gaming and HD streaming. Now you can enjoy both advantages of the two bands by just having one device.
Full Gigabit Ports - More Power to You
With 300Mbps 802.11n wireless and 4 gigabit LAN ports, the TD-W9980 is the ideal choice for bandwidth heavy users that rely on speedy, reliable connections for bandwidth intensive work or entertainment such as lag-free conference calls, HD video streaming or online gaming.
2 USB Sharing Ports - Easy Sharing
Using the TD-W9980’s two multi-functional USB 2.0 ports, users can share printers, files and media either throughout the network at home with several different computers or even away, using the device’s FTP server functions so that you never have to part with your files.
Interchangeable LAN/WAN Port - Versatile Connectivity
The TD-W9980 supports VDSL/ADSL or Ethernet WAN connections (EWAN) that allow users to have the flexibility of different Internet connections among VDSL/ADSL, cable or fiber modem using its interchangeable LAN/WAN port. This unique feature makes it easier when users need to change to fiber or cable services when necessary.
This device supports IPv6, which is foundational to the next generation Internet and enables a range of new services and improved user experiences.
Virtually Impregnable-10 VPN IPsec tunnels
The ability to support up to 10 IPsec VPN tunnels simultaneously gives TD-W9980 users the flexibility to setup a virtual private network, to guarantee network security and take advantage of network access whether at home or away, for work or simply to access files from their local networks.
More information can be found in the PDF below:
Features • Excellent VDSL2/ ADSL2+ high speed Modem Router , providing up to 100Mbps broadband speeds
• Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 300Mbps connections for 600Mbps of total available bandwidth
• All Gigabit ports ensure ultimate transfer speeds
• Two USB 2.0 ports support Storage Sharing (Samba or FTP), Media Server, Print Server and multi accounts
• Ethernet WAN (EWAN) offers another broadband connectivity option for connecting to Cable, VDSL/ADSL or Fiber modems
• Guest Network Access provides secure Wi-Fi access for guests sharing your home or office network
• Parent Control allows parents or administrators to establish restricted access policies for children or staff
• IP based Bandwidth Control makes it easier for you to manage the bandwidth of devices that connected to the modem router
• Wi-Fi On/Off Switch allows users to simply turn their wireless radio on or off
• Easy one-touch WPA wireless security encryption with the WPS button
• Easy Setup Assistant with multi-language support provides a quick & hassle free installation
• SPI and NAT firewall protects end-user devices from potential attacks from the Internet
• WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK encryptions provide user networks with active defense against security threats
• Simultaneously supports up to 10 IPSec VPN Tunnels
• Both built-in antennas and external detachable antennas allow for better alignment and stronger antenna upgrades
• Supports IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6)
• 6000V Lightning Protection helps your device avoid the damage of tough thunderstorms
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- 0845 147 0017
UK Users Tel:
0845 147 0017
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Procedures in Detail
Step 1: Contact us through our Technical Support Line 0845 147 0017 (UK) or 0818 229 000 (Ireland), a representative will help you with remote troubleshooting. If the product is judged to be defective, the representative will provide you with a unique RMA number. Customer contact and product info will be requested during this process.
Step 2: An email explaining the RMA process will be sent from TP-LINK UK.
Step 3: Send defective product, purchase receipt along with RMA number to TP-LINK.
Note: Customers are responsible for the shipping fee in Step 3.
Step 4) Once the defective product is received, TP-LINK UK Limited will send back a replacement and inform customer of the tracking number. The warranty starts from the purchase date of your original unit and lasts for 2+1 years on SOHO products regardless of how many replacements are made.
Note: TP-LINK UK Limited will pay the one way shipping fee in Step 4
PLEASE NOTE: If you register your product with TP-LINK then you can enjoy a free 3rd year warranty.
Sign in portal http://warranty.uk.tp-link.com/SignIn.aspx
Warranty information http://uk.tp-link.com/rma.html