StarTech PEX1394B3 3 Port 2b 1a PCIe F/wire 800 PCIe Card
StarTech.com PEX1394B3 3 Port 2b 1a PCI Express FireWire Card
By DPD On 8th Apr To 14th Apr
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
This 3 Port PCI Express FireWire adapter card can be installed in a PCI Express slot to add two IEEE1394b (FireWire 800 - 9 pin) ports and one IEEE1394a (FireWire 400 - 6 pin) port, providing broad compatibility with a wide range of FireWire devices (e.g. DV camcorders, external hard drives, digital cameras, etc.).
The 2b, 1a card features a native (single chip) PCI Express chipset - resulting in faster, more reliable and cost effective performance than expansion cards that utilize a "bridge" chip.
The StarTech.com Advantage
• Add 3 FireWire ports to a standard or small form factor (SFF) computer with support for high-powered FireWire devices.
• Utilizes a native PCI Express chipset design rather than a bridge chip, ensuring a fast, reliable and cost-effective FireWire expansion. Features • Two 9-pin FireWire 800 ports, each with transfer rates up to 800Mbps.
• One 6-pin FireWire 400 port, each with transfer rates up to 400Mbps.
• Built with a native PCI Express chipset, no bridge chip.
• Includes low profile/half-height installation bracket.
• Internal power connector for high powered FireWire devices.
• Compliant with IEEE 1394b and backwards compatible with IEEE 1394a - 2000 as well as 1394-1995 standards.
• Plug-and-Play and hot-swap compatible.
• Add a high speed FireWire port to a desktop without any FireWire ports.
• Connect a digital camera to a desktop with a PCI Express slot to download photos and video.
• Connect a high-speed external hard drive to a PCI Express-enabled system.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.