2 Port PCI-E SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter StarTech.com
StarTech.com PCI-E 2.0 2x USB 3.0 Adapter Card, Upto 5Gbps, USB 2.0/1.0 Back Compatible, Includes Low Profile Bracket
Enhanced with UASP support (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this USB 3.0 controller performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP supported enclosure (Note: UASP is not supported by all operating systems). Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP technology optimizes transfers by allowing multiple commands to be processed simultaneously, significantly increasing transfer speeds for less wait time on data transfers. See our UASP test results below for further details.
The PCIe USB 3.0 adapter is compliant with USB 3.0 standards for data transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps, while still offering backward compatibility with existing USB 2.0 / 1.1 devices. For added versatility, the controller card is equipped with a standard profile bracket and includes a low-profile/half-height bracket for installation in small form-factor computers.
• Upgrade an older PCIe-based system from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 connectivity.
• Expand the USB capabilities of your system with two additional external ports.
• Connect additional external hard drives, CD/DVD drives, MP3 players, printers, scanners, webcams, game controllers, digital cameras, etc. to a computer system. Features • Provides two external USB 3.0 ports with UASP support.
• Supports data rates up to 5 Gbps.
• Compliant with PCI Express 2.0 specifications.
• Optional LP4 power connector provides up to 900mA per USB port.
• Supports USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2.
• Fully compliant with USB 3.0 rev 1.0 and Intel xHCI rev 1.0 specifications.
• Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.0/1.1 devices.
|Interface||PCIe 2.0 (x1)|
|External Connectors||2 x USB 3.0|
|Power Connector||1 x 4pin Power|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 29th Jun 2010
USB 3.0, also known as SuperSpeed USB, is a buzzword you might have seen popping up repeatedly over the last 12 months or so. In this guide, we'll explain what it is, what it does, and what it could mean for you as the consumer.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
A motherboard’s main job is to act as a conduit between the various hardware elements that make up a PC. It needs to be able to link the desired CPU(s), system memory, graphics card, hard drive(s), and add-in cards and enable them to work in harmony.