M.2 SATA to USB 3.0 External Enclosure from Startech SM2NGFFMBU33
StarTech.com M.2 SATA External Aluminium SSD Enclosure, Fits M.2 NGFF B Key, SATA III 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, USB Powered, Black
By DPD On 24th Sep 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
The SM2NGFFMBU33 external USB 3.0 to M.2 (NGFF) enclosure turns your SATA M.2 solid state drive into a portable, high speed USB 3.0 drive.
Get higher external performance by using an M.2 SSD in place of a platter drive, harnessing the full potential of your USB 3.0 computer system. The enclosure supports UASP, enabling you to achieve transfer speeds up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-enabled host computer.
This slim, pocket-sized SSD enclosure has been specifically engineered for mobility. The enclosure features a lightweight yet durable design, which fits easily into your pocket or laptop bag. For further convenience, the enclosure is powered entirely using the USB host bus and requires no external power adapter.
Durable aluminum construction helps to ensure your drive won't be damaged while you're on the move. Plus, to maximize heat dissipation the enclosure features specially engineered ventilation holes which help maintain a cooler operating environment for optimal performance and a longer life span for your drive.
For wide compatibility with all of the common M.2 solid state drives, the enclosure can mount multiple drive heights including: 2242, 2260, and 2280.
The M.2 enclosure is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
• Re-purpose an M.2 SATA SSD as a USB 3.0 external drive
• Carry with your laptop for a highly portable external storage solution
• Transfer files to or from your external drive faster, by using a high performance SATA M.2 SSD as your external drive
• Get the most out of your M.2 SSD with an external USB enclosure that supports UASP, for transfer speeds up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0
• Rest assured your M.2 SSD is supported, with mounting points for the most common M.2 NGFF SSD heights (2230, 2242, 2260, 2280)
• Carry your USB 3.0 external M.2 SSD in your laptop bag, and maximize portability with a small footprint, lightweight design Features • Boost external performance by leveraging the speed of your SATA M.2 SSD in a UASP-supported USB 3.0 enclosure
• Broad compatibility with support for the most common SATA M.2 SSDs (30mm, 42mm, 60mm, 80mm)
• Maximize portability with a small footprint, lightweight design and USB-powered performance
• Compatible with USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 (5 Gbps / 480 Mbps / 1.5 Mbps)
• Compatible with SATA revision I/II/III (1.5 / 3.0 / 6.0 Gbps)
• Aluminum housing with ventilation holes for added heat dissipation
• 1x USB 3.0 to M.2 NGFF SSD Enclosure
• 1x USB 3.0 Cable
• 1x SSD screw kit
• 1x Mini screw driver
• 1x Instruction manual
|Drive Connectors||M.2 (NGFF; B Key) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||USB 3.0 Micro-B (10 pin; SuperSpeed) Female|
|Humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 85°C (14°F to 185°F)|
|Bus Type||USB 3.0|
|Chipset ID||Asmedia - ASM1153|
|Compatible Drive Types (Type and Rate)||M.2 (NGFF; B Key)|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.1 kg [0.3 lb]|
|General Specifications||Not compatible with PCI-Express M.2 SSDs|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Product Height||15 mm [0.6 in]|
|Product Length||100 mm [3.9 in]|
|Product Weight||68 g [2.4 oz]|
|Product Width||35 mm [1.4 in]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||Instruction manual|
|Mini screw driver|
|SSD screw kit|
|USB 3.0 Cable|
|USB 3.0 to M.2 NGFF SSD Enclosure|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 27th Nov 2017
The arrival of the solid-state drive (SSD) has revolutionised the speed at which modern PCs perform common tasks. This is because SSDs have no moving parts, compared to larger, bulkier mechanical drives, thus they store information on memory chips. This means that accesses, reads and writes are many, many times faster