StarTech 4 Bay Aluminum Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack Backplane
StarTech.com HSB4SATSA 4 Bay Aluminum Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack Backplane for 3.5in SAS II/SATA III
By DPD On 23rd Oct 2018
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
For added versatility, the hot swap bay can interface with SATA I/II/III and SAS I/II hard drives -- an ideal solution for enterprise system applications.
For a quick and secure method of installing and removing drives, the backplane features ejection levers and a key-lock design. To help prevent drive failure, the bay provides drive cooling with a built-in fan and excellent heat dissipation with a vented aluminum enclosure.
The StarTech.com Advantage
• Delivers peak drive performance, with support for full SATA III/SAS II data transfer speeds up to 6Gbps.
• Flexible drive options with support for both SATA and SAS drive interfaces.
• Helps maintain ideal drive operating temperatures by maximizing heat dissipation and expelling built-up heat, with a vented aluminum housing and built-in fan. Features • Solid aluminum construction.
• Key lock design.
• Built-in fan.
• 4 drive bay design.
• Installs in three 5.25" drive bays.
• Trayless design for easier hot swapping.
• Support for SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps).
• Support for SAS revision I/II (3.0/6.0 Gbps).
• Power and Activity LEDs for each drive.
• UL94 - V0 flammability rating.
• Imaging - for new system builds or configurations, use the hot swap bay in your master system to quickly copy the Windows OS to multiple blank hard drives.
• Add a hot-swap bay to a server or workstation computer that you can use as a removable backup solution.
• IT environments where you need to quickly insert/replace hard drives with no external HDD enclosure required.
• Onsite data backup as a secure alternative to cloud storage.
• Compatible Drive Types : SAS & SATA
• Drive Installation: Removable
• Drive Size: 3.5in
• Fan Bearing Type: Sleeve Bearing
• Fan(s): Yes
• Fans: 1 - 70 mm
• Front Door Key Lock: Yes
• Interface: SATA, SAS
• Number of Drives: 4
• Number of internal 3.5 inch bays: 4
• Max Drive Capacity: Currently tested with up to 6TB 7200 RPM hard drives
• Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 6 Gbit/s
• Drive Connectors: 4 - SFF-8482 (29 pin, Data & Power, Internal SAS) Receptacle
• Host Connectors: 2 - SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle, 4 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle
• OS Compatibility: OS independent; No software or drivers required
Special Notes / Requirements
• System and Cable Requirements: Flammability rating: UL94 - V0
• LED Indicators:
- 1 - Power LED
- 1 - Drive 1 Activity LED
- 1 - Drive 2 Activity LED
- 1 - Drive 3 Activity LED
- 1 - Drive 4 Activity LED
• Humidity: 5%~85% RH
• Operating Temperature: 0°C to 55°C (23°F to 95°F)
• Storage Temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 122°F)
• Product Height: 124 mm [4.9 in]
• Product Length: 197 mm [7.8 in]
• Product Weight: 1.3 kg [2.9 lb]
• Product Width: 145 mm [5.7 in]
• Shipping (Package) Weight: 1.6 kg [3.5 lb]
|External Interface||4 x SATA III - 6Gb/s|
|HDD||4 x SAS/SATA|
|Power Connectors||2 x SATA|
|Space Requirement||3 x 5.25"|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months