StarTech 8 Port USB to DB9 RS232 Serial Adapter Hub Industrial DIN Rail Wall Mountable
StarTech.com 8 Port USB to DB9 RS232 Serial Adapter Hub, Industrial DIN Rail, Wall Mountable, Rugged Metal Construction
Featuring rugged metal construction, with sturdy wall-mounting brackets and top-hat DIN Rail clips (included), this 8 port USB to RS232 Serial Hub provides versatile mounting options and a robust solution for both harsh industrial environments and simple desktop installations.
This USB powered adapter also retains assigned serial COM port values once connected, allowing the same values to be automatically reassigned to the USB serial hub ports.
• Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer notebooks, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port.
• Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment.
• Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices.
• Connect a satellite receiver, serial modem, or PDA with serial sync.
• Connect and program LED and Digital signage boards with serial communication ports. Features • USB to 8-Port Straight-Through RS232 Serial Adapter.
• Rugged metal construction.
• Wall-mountable, and includes DIN Rail clips.
• COM Retention: COM Port assignments maintained across reboot.
• Baud Rate up to 921.6 Kbps.
• Powered by an available USB port - no external power adapter required.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 12th Sep 2017
Personal Computers (PCs) connect up to peripherals and displays through myriad of cabling. Some of those names and standards will be familiar to you, such as USB or HDMI, others may not, and these can include standards such as Thunderbolt and DisplayPort. The purpose of this TekSpek is to illuminate and educate users into the different types of cables and standards used in the PC ecosystem.