USB 3.0 to SATA Hard Disk Drive HDD/SSD Adapter Cable from StarTech
StarTech USB 3.0 to SATA Hard Drive Adapter Cable, Compatible with USB 3.0/2.0, Compatible with SATA revision I/II/III
The cable supports UASP, allowing for transfer speeds up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0, which enables you to utilize the full potential of your SATA III SSD/HDD, when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller. See our UASP testing results below for further details.
This portable adapter features a lightweight design with no external power required, for easy storage in a laptop bag or carrying case. Plus, the cable-style adapter makes it easy to swap between hard drives without having to install your drives into an enclosure. Perfect for easy drive access for data migration, drive cloning and data backup applications.
The USB3S2SAT3CB is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing, UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
• Take advantage of USB 3.0-enabled laptops or desktops with UASP for faster transfer speeds
• Create an external storage solution on the go, for desktops, laptops or Ultrabook™ computers
• Access any 2.5" hard drive or solid state drive from any USB enabled computer, for data migration or drive cloning
• Back up important data to an external storage device
• Retrieve data from an old SATA drive
• Use with an SSD drive to externally upgrade your laptop hard drive via USB 3.0 Features • Cable-style adapter
• UASP Support (Attached SCSI Protocol Specification Revision 1.0)
• Compatible with USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 (5Gbps/480Mbps/12Mbps)
• Compatible with SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps)
• USB powered
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 2nd Jul 2008
Serial ATA, or SATA, is a relatively new storage technology that is now being adopted in computers. It is the successor to Parallel ATA. SATA allows for faster transfers between the hard disk and the system, uses thinner cables and is easier to physically install
Date Issued: 14th Jun 2008
In this guide we will be examining a popular method used for increasing the performance and reliability of your hard drives and data storage
Date Issued: 23rd Aug 2005
If you've used a computer for any duration of time you'll have come across the terms “kilobyte, megabyte, gigabyte” and so on. Then there's “kilobit, megabit and gigabit” to add a bit of confusion and to top it all off you've maybe heard or read terms like “gibibyte” on occasion.