The PEX1S553LP PCI Express Serial Card turns a PCI Express slot into an RS232 (DB9) serial connection.
The card is constructed using a native single chip design that lets you harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), while reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional bridge chip serial cards.
The PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card is compatible with a broad range of operating systems, including Windows® 2000/XP/2003/Vista™/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64 bit), Linux Kernel 2.6.11 and up, and ships with a low profile/half-height bracket installed, but includes an optional full profile bracket that lets you add a serial port to virtually any computer (regardless of the case form factor).
• Self service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers.
• Bank Teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads.
• POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles.
• Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
• Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc.
• One high speed RS232 serial port with data transfer rate up to 460.8 Kbps.
• Ships with half-height/low profile mounting bracket, includes standard bracket.
• Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port.
• Native single-chip, single lane PCI Express.
• Single chip design optimizes speed and reliability.
• Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.1a.
• Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS/RTS and DSR/DTR.
• Automated in-band software flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions.
• 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver.
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as StarTech 1 Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCIe Serial Card, with 16550 UART, with Full Height Bracket . Please choose from the list below.