1 Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCIe Serial Card with 16550 UART w/ Full Height Bracket
StarTech 1 Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCIe Serial Card, with 16550 UART, with Full Height Bracket
The card is constructed using a native single chip design that lets you harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), while reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional bridge chip serial cards.
The PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card is compatible with a broad range of operating systems, including Windows® 2000/XP/2003/Vista™/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64 bit), Linux Kernel 2.6.11 and up, and ships with a low profile/half-height bracket installed, but includes an optional full profile bracket that lets you add a serial port to virtually any computer (regardless of the case form factor).
• Self service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers.
• Bank Teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads.
• POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles.
• Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
• Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc. Features • One high speed RS232 serial port with data transfer rate up to 460.8 Kbps.
• Ships with half-height/low profile mounting bracket, includes standard bracket.
• Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port.
• Native single-chip, single lane PCI Express.
• Single chip design optimizes speed and reliability.
• Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.1a.
• Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS/RTS and DSR/DTR.
• Automated in-band software flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions.
• 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 2nd Jul 2008
Serial ATA, or SATA, is a relatively new storage technology that is now being adopted in computers. It is the successor to Parallel ATA. SATA allows for faster transfers between the hard disk and the system, uses thinner cables and is easier to physically install
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.