Reference Quality Without Compromise
Rupert Neve Designs RNHP is a reference-quality headphone amplifier. Based on the headphone output circuitry from the RND 5060 Centerpiece, this 24v dedicated headphone amp has a calibrated +4dBu balanced line, unbalanced RCA and 3.5mm inputs which allow you to connect pretty much any device you can imagine. Housed in an industrial grade, rugged steel chassis with front overhang to protect the device and controls you can be sure that the RNHP is built to last and can be taken on the road if required.
Dedicated vs Integrated
The headphone output is usually an afterthought on most equipment, with integrated solutions leading to compromised power and quality from the output itself. This in turn leads to issues such as lack of focus, low headroom and unreliable performance from your 'phones, meaning all that money you spent on fancy cans is going to waste. Rupert Neve decided to turn his attention to this little quandary and set about developing a headphone amplifier that deserves to be your go to device, both at home and in the studio.
Your Headphones Have Never Sounded More Lush
The RNHD delivers outstanding sonic performance, wide-open soundstage and can drive any pair of headphones - even high impedance studio headphones. Integrated headphone amplifiers lack the means to perform well in loud tracking sessions where high monitoring levels are required. The RNHP on the other hand has enough juice to drive them effortlessly and will give you a level of performance you have never experienced with headphones before.
Benefits of Near-Zero Ohm Output Impedance
Sometimes mixing with headphones is vital. Neighbourly friendliness and marital bliss can all be on the line when pushing high SPL levels out of studio monitors or maybe you have to work in a non-ideal room for mixing, in either scenario headphones will be a crucial solution. The RNHP is designed with a near zero Ohm output impedance to minimize issues from the headphones frequency based reactive-load impedance - no more frequency response, noise and distortion issues from using an amp without an ideal resistive load. This also improves conformity of sound between different pairs of cans when performing comparisons and this level of translation is imperative for people who need to trust the decisions they make with headphones.
The RNHD chassis is VESA mountable. It is fully compatible with all VESA 100 mounts meaning you can mount the RNHP to pole mounts, wall mounts, table mounts or articulating arm mounts to ensure the RNHP is always in the perfect position for use.
Love Your Ears, For Life
With such impressive headroom and power the RNHP can drive your 'phones very, very loud! Obviously a little care must be taken when using an amp with these qualities as you don't want to damage your hearing. Please be kind to your ears when using the RNHP and when possible try to work at quieter levels.
• Precision Sound - Wide-open, extremely detailed sound quality allows you to get the most out of your headphones.
• Dedicated Power - High-power, high-headroom design can effortlessly drive high-impedance (up to 600 Ohm) headphones even during the loudest, most dynamic tracking sessions.
• Reliable Translation - The near-zero output impedance (.01 Ohm at 1kHz), direct-coupled amplifier design provides for excellent translation with any pair of headphones.
• Precision Stereo Potentiometer - The highly damped stereo potentiometer is designed to give you precise level control and maintain perfect left-right balance.
• Professional Line Input - The calibrated +4dBu line input is selected with the “A” switch. The combo jack accepts either XLR or TRS inputs for balanced professional devices.
• RCA Input - The unbalanced RCA input is calibrated for -10dBV signals and is selected with the “B” switch. The RCA jack is commonly used with home stereo devices or Prosumer equipment.
• 3.5mm Input - Stereo 3.5mm input specifically calibrated to work with mobile devices like phones, computers and digital cameras.
• VESA Mount - The VESA 100 compatible mount enables you to mount the RNHP wherever it needs to be. Common mounts are pole-mount arm for mic stands, pivoting multi-arm desk mount, and wall / surface mount for securing upside-down under a table, music stand or other studio furniture.
• Steel Clamshell Chassis - The RNHP’s rugged, solid-steel chassis is built to a high industrial standard with an overhang to protect the connectors and main level control from glancing blows, as well as shock-absorbing rubberized feet.
• 24V DC Input - The RNHP can be powered using either the included 6 watt power supply or a 24V, 0.25A min battery (not sold by RND).
• Maximum Input Levels
“A” XLR I/P: +22.8 dBu @1kHz.
“B” RCA I/P: +14.7dBu @1kHz.
“C” 3.5mm I/P: +3.3dBu @1kHz.
• Output Power:
As measured with typical headphones, Z=44 O: 3.617 VAC RMS @1kHz = 300mW RMS.
16 O typical Load: 1.933 VAC RMS @1kHz = 230mW RMS.
150 O typical Load: 5.108 VAC RMS @1kHz = 175mW RMS.
• Output Impedance
.08 O @ 1KHz, 16-150 O load, 0dBu input.
• Frequency Response
+/- .2dB from 10Hz to 120KHz.
Measured with typical headphones, Z=44 O, BW 22Hz – 22kHz.
“A” XLR Input: -101.9dBV.
“B” RCA Input: -100.9dBV.
“C” 3.5mm Input: -88.8dBV.
6.5” wide x 4.6” deep and 1.9” tall.
• Power Supply Requirements
24VDC @ 0.25Amp (6 watt) minimum. Use with supplied power adapter, as this has been carefully selected for best output power and noise performance. May be used with a properly configured 24V battery as well.
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as Rupert Neve Designs RNHP Analogue Headphone Amplifier, XLR/Jack Combo, RCA, 3.5mm input, Near-Zero Ohm Impedance, VESA . Please choose from the list below.