Novation Launchkey Mini MK3
Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3 - Portable Controller Keyboard, HUI Compatible, Deep Ableton Live Integration
By DPD On 16th Dec To 18th Dec
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
With the new Launchkey Mini, Novation have made their hugely popular 25-mini-key portable MIDI keyboard controller for Ableton Live more versatile, adaptable and playable than ever. Now you can make tracks anywhere using Launchkey Mini's new arpeggiator, Fixed Chord mode, Capture MIDI, 16 big RGB pads, transport controls and more.
Featuring their best, most responsive mini-keymech to date, all-new pitch and modulation touchstrips, a sustain pedal input, and 16 newly RGB-backlit pads, Launchkey Mini is the perfect platform for expressive performance and colour-matched clip launching. The new Fixed Chord mode and arpeggiator help you take your melodic and harmonic ideas in new creative directions, enabling chords to be triggered from single notes, and turning held chords into riffs, melodies and sequences on the fly; and thanks to the Capture MIDI button, you'll never lose a note, even if you forget to hit record.
Spend less time clicking mouse buttons and more time making music, as Launchkey Mini's device control and deep, intuitive integration with Live lets you step back from the screen and feel the beats. Start and stop playback and recording via the dedicated transport buttons, operate the mixer's Mute, Solo, Volume, Pan and Send controls, and take instant control of Device Macros with eight rotary encoders - connect more deeply with your music, navigating and mixing your projects in a more tactile way than the mouse and keyboard can hope to match.
Launchkey Mini comes with everything you need to make complete tracks in the box, including sounds, virtual instruments and plug-in effects from AAS, Softube, Spitfire Audio, XLN Audio and Klevgrand, plus membership of Novation Sound Collective, bringing you new free content from our plug-in partners every couple of months. It also has a MIDI out port for connection to hardware synths and grooveboxes; and if Live isn't your only production environment, included mapping templates make Launchkey Mini the ideal solution for on-the-go control of Logic, Cubase, Reason or any other HUI-compatible DAW, too.
Novation's most compact and portable MIDI keyboard controller, Launchkey Mini gives you everything you need to start creating in Ableton Live - and it'll fit in your bag. It's available now through Novation stockists and direct from the Novation eStore* (*where applicable). Features • Deep and intuitive Ableton Live control - including device macro control, track select, record, capture MIDI, clip and scene launch, stop/mute/solo, volume, pans and sends.
• Creative arpeggiator – easy to use but deeply controllable: change rhythm, beat, pattern, octave, gate and more.
• Fixed chord mode – play a chord with one finger - assign a fixed chord shape to the keys and it’ll transpose as you move up and down the keyboard.
• MIDI Out – take Launchkey Mini anywhere, send arps and program changes to your hardware synths, or add keys to your groovebox directly over MIDI.
• Hardware - our finest mini keymech to date, 16 velocity-sensitive RGB, eight rotary controls, pitch and mod touch strips, and sustain input.
Product Hardware Specifications
• 25 x Mini-keys
• 1 x Touch Strip for Pitch-bench with centre zero
• 1 x Touch Strip for Modulation
• 8 x Knobs
• 16 x RGB Backlit, Velocity Sensitive Pads
• Transpose Buttons
• Octave Up/Down Buttons (with Preset function as shift)
• Play and Record Buttons
• Arp and Fixed Chord Buttons
• Stop/Solo/Mute Button ^^
• Scene Launch Button ^^
• 3.5mm jack socket for MIDI Out (MIDI din break-out cables NOT included)
• USB Socket
• Kensington MiniSaver Slot
• Midi Channel Selection*
• Capture MIDI function*^^
• Tracks function*
• Scene Down function*^^
• Scene Up function*
*Function accessed with Shift - ^^Ableton Live specific function
Comprehensive DAW Integration
• Scripts for Ableton, Logic and Reason (Device Control for Ableton, Logic and Reason)
• All other DAWs through HUI i.e. Pro Tools, Reaper, Studio One
• Take control of Volume, Pan, Sends, Record, Play, Preset and Assign Custom Mapping
• Volume, Pan, Sends A and Sends B through knobs
• Record and Play
• Assign Custom Mapping to knobs and pads
• Track navigation
-Ableton specific integrations such as;
• Device Control
• Capture MIDI
• Clip Launch
• Clip Stop
• Scene Launch
• Scene Navigation
• Track Solo/Mute
• Creative Arpeggiator with Mutate Mode and Deviate Rhythm
• Mode: Up, Down, Up/Down, Played, Random, Chord, Mutate
• Rate: 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 and all associated triplets
• Octave: 1, 2, 3, 4
• Rhythm: o, oxo, oxxo, Random, Deviate
• Latch: on/off
• Tempo, Swing and Gate through pots when pressing 'Arp'
• When Mode is set to Mutate, access all Mutate possibilities through the pot while pressing 'Arp'
• When Rhythm is set to Deviate, access all Deviation of the rhythm through the pot while pressing 'Arp'
• 3 x symbols at the left side of the keyboard reserved for future arp updates
• Fixed chord, to play chords with one finger
• Ableton Live Lite is included
• Logic script, Reason script; all other DAWs through HUI i.e. Pro Tools, Reaper, Studio One
• USB bus powered
• Power supply not included Product
• 330mm length x 172mm depth x 31mm (40mm including knob-caps) height"
What's in the box?
• Novation Launchkey Mini [MK3]
• 1 x USB Cable
• Ableton Live Lite music making software
• AAS Session Bundle
• Softube Time and Tone Bundle
• Spitfire Audio LABS - Expressive Strings
• XLN Audio Addictive Keys
• Klevgrand R0verb and DAW Cassette
• Access to the Novation Sound Collective
|Number Of Keys|
|USB Bus Powered||No|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 30 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.