Netgear XR500 Nighthawk Dual Band Pro AC2600 Gaming Router
Netgear XR500 Nighthawk Pro Gaming Dual Band Router, AC2600 (800+1733Mbps), 4x GbE LAN, USB 3.0, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
By DPD On 18th Jul 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
XR500 Nighthawk® Pro Gaming WiFi Router uses state-of-the-art software to optimize your internet connection by stabilizing ping, reducing lag spikes, and keeping you in the game with reliable wired and wireless connectivity for fast-paced gaming. Personalize your gaming dashboard to view real-time bandwidth utilization by device, ping and many other parameters. Limit lag and get a guaranteed local connection with Geo Filter or enable Quality of Service for prioritized gaming devices and allocated bandwidth.
Guarantee Local Connection & Eliminate Lag
Geo Filter lets you fix your gaming lag by limiting distance to servers or other players. You can get a guaranteed local connection and create a blacklist or whitelist of your preferred servers.
Monitor Internet Utilization & Live Game Ping
Keep an eye on real-time bandwidth utilization with the Internet Utilization Monitor. Reveal bandwidth-hogging devices and identify the applications which could be causing lag and slowing your game.
Prioritize Your Gaming Traffic
Prioritize gaming devices and allocate bandwidth by device to eliminate lag due to queuing at the ISP network with Quality of Service (QoS). Control the maximum upload and download speeds per device on the network to minimize sudden lag spikes while gaming.
Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO)
Traditional WiFi routers can stream data to only one device in the home at a time. When multiple devices are connected to the router, each device needs to take its turn, and then wait before receiving more data. This can lead to slower network and Internet speeds. Using Multi-User MIMO technology, NETGEAR routers can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. With MU-MIMO, your WiFi network can deliver faster throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices.
ReadySHARE® Vault—Automatic backup for Window PCs
ReadySHARE Vault is a free app that provides automatic, continuous backup of Windows PCs to the USB hard drive connected to the Nighthawk® X10. The app has a wonderfully simple interface with intuitive backup settings—simply setup and forget and be assured that all your data on various home PCs in the home network is being continuously backed up. Never worry about losing your data again. Easy single click setup to back up the Window PCs on the home network.
• Automatic, continuous incremental backup of all the changes.
• Easily restore deleted files by going back to older snapshots.
• Safeguard all your precious data, photos, videos.
Beamforming+—For More Reliable Connections
Unlike typical WiFi routers that just blast the WiFi signals in all directions, with Beamforming+ the router & device communicate with each other, so the router can directly beam the WiFi signal to the device. Boosting speed, reliability, and range for both Implicit and Explicit 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi devices, the result is a stronger, faster, more reliable connection that is locked in even when the device is moved around the home.
• WiFi Signal Focus - Focuses signals from the wireless router to WiFi devices like smartphones, tablets & laptops.
• Automatic Signal Management - Checks with your device to keep WiFi signal at its optimal strength.
• Device Connections - Designed for home environments to support multiple WiFi device connections for highest quality.
• WiFi Coverage - Reduces dead spots, & boosts signal strength.
• Implicit & Explicit Beamforming boosts speed, reliability & range for both 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi—an industry first. Features • Customizable Dashboard: Personalize your gaming dashboard to view real-time bandwidth utilization by device, ping and many other parameters on a single screen.
• Speed: Get blazing-fast WiFi & enjoy a lag-free WiFi experience for VR gaming, video streaming or surfing.
• Pro Gaming: Stay in the game with reliable connectivity for fast-paced gaming. Optimize your Internet connection by stabilizing ping and reducing lag spikes.
• WiFi Range: Got range? Homes come in all shapes and sizes and the XR500 Nighthawk® Pro Gaming Router provides WiFi coverage no matter where you connect in your home.
• Sharing: With NETGEAR, sharing across your network is fun and easy, anything from accessing stored photos & music to wireless printing. And make sure you keep it safe by using the included ReadySHARE Vault application for backing up Windows-based PCs.
• Reliable Connections: There’s nothing more frustrating than lost connections! With NETGEAR’s advanced features & best-in-class technology, you’ll reduce interference & enjoy more reliable WiFi connectivity.
• Ease of Use: Start enjoying your new device faster than ever. NETGEAR wants to make sure installation and management is simple & easy, so you can connect quickly & make sure you stay that way!
• Security: Maintain high security across your network to ensure your privacy & family is safe while online. Whether it’s preventing phishing & spyware or just limiting access for kids & guests, NETGEAR has you covered.
|Networking, Connectivity & Ports|
|Compatible Internet Connections|
|Other Connectors||2 x USB 3.0|
|Total LAN Connections||4|
|Total WAN Connections||1|
|64 Bytes L3 Forwarding Performance|
|512+ Bytes L3 Forwarding Performance||Unknown|
|Wireless Speed||800Mbps @ 2.4GHz, +1733Mbps @ 5GHz Mbps|
|Wireless Band||Dual Band|
|Wireless Transmitter Power||N/A|
|Internal RAM Memory||512MB|
|Internal RAM Memory Type|
|Internal Flash Memory||128MB|
|LED Indicators||1 x Power LED|
|Max. Power Consumption||Unknown W|
|Security & VPN|
|Dimensions||321.9 x 55 x 321.9 mm (WxHxD)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- 0134 445 8200
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Home networking let’s you do great things that aren’t possible with standalone PCs. Printers can be shared between PC, so there’s no need to buy one for each machine.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Port forwarding is a technique you’ll need to use to enable certain services if you’re using a router. If you don’t really care how it works, you can skip this section and just find out how to do it.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
On the surface we’re asking a relatively simple question here: "What do I need to get my broadband Internet working?" Of course, it’s not quite as simple as that. Worry not, however, for this TekSpek covers both the differences between the two popular kinds of broadband and what you’ll need to get your home computer(s) connected up.
Date Issued: 19th Jun 2008
WiFi is a wonderful thing. You can take your laptop anywhere in your house and access the Internet, or access your network from the garden. However, it does introduce the grim possibility of somebody else doing exactly the same, without you ever knowing. This guide seeks to make you aware of various security terms and ideas associated with wireless networking and what you should consider when setting up a wireless network.
Date Issued: 26th Oct 2006
As a growing number of homes contain more than one computer, their users must find ways to network them. The primary purpose for creating a home network tends to be to provide Internet access to all computers within the house. There are other good reasons, however. These include enabling LAN gaming, data backups from one machine to another and the sharing of music within the home.